Ravenloft Al modles Jasper questions and rants. Spoilers

jasper

Rotten DM
Mirtek as the one season "Ravenloft lock" option. As long as it is never repeated again, I don't see it as horrible option. It is interesting but not great.

Mirtek

Hero
Well, was enough for me to sit out the entire season 4. If I hadn't by chance stumbled upon the chance to play DDEX 01-02 in August I wouldn't have played D&D since my last S3 game in February.

Let's hope some more chances to play S05 will present themselves, at the moment alonlinetools seems to have lost all european DMs. 36 games right now and not a single one that's not in the dead of the night or during working hours on weeksdays if your in the CET timezone :(

jasper

Rotten DM
If you addicted to gaming, and really don't like the option that is what a throw away pc is for. I played plenty in my life. Oh no it Merric's turn to dm again. Where did I put Bozo Bob the mostly dead? If you really don't like the option don't play.

FarBeyondC

Explorer
Speaking of pcs being locked in. I was ask by a player( who has not been playing with me) if I would allow his Tier 2 pc which is locked in Ravenloft. I told him in 3 weeks, I maybe able to allow him to play as I have a full table. And pointed him to the leaving Barovia article.

Player in question reporting.

Are people forgetting that there is a Barexit option on the D&DAL website which allows characters to spend DT to leave Ravenloft at any time?

One cannot forget that what one never knew.

Kalani the guy did not know of Barexit option. When I told him, he decided to do that for 1 PC but he want his other pc to play the Tier 2 mods.

Yep; the last time I did anything Ravenloft was early July, and I definitely didn't see a Barexit option then. I haven't even touched either of the two characters in Ravenloft until recently, when I asked about joining.

jasper

Rotten DM
Downtime Activity: Escape the Mists A character with the Demiplane of Dread story award can gain the Escape the Mists story award after paying 20 Downtime days to leave Ravenloft. The Downtime day cost is modified as follows-
+10 Downtime Days: Touched by the Mists – For each time the character has died, been brought back to life by the mists, and gained the Touched by the Mists story award.
+5 Downtime Days: Enmity of Jeny Greenteeth – A character with the Enmity of Jeny Greenteeth story award (from 04-06 The Ghost) has not only angered the hag, but the mists themselves.
+5 Downtime Days: You Murderer – A character with the You Murderer story award (from 04-08 The Broken One) has killed villagers of Orasnou. The Dark Powers grip on them is tight.
+5 Downtime Days: Cursed by Greed – A character with the Cursed by Greed story award (from 04-09 The Tempter) has given in to greed at the behest of the Dark Powers. Leaving Ravenloft will be difficult as a result.
+10 Downtime Days – Escape the Mists – Each time a character escapes the mists, but then returns to Barovia, escaping again gets progressively harder.
If a character does not have enough Downtime days to escape the mists, they are stuck in Barovia forever. To gain downtime days, a player should play more Curse of Strahd adventures or be a Dungeon Master to gain DM rewards (Downtime) to award to a character to escape Barovia.
Far beyond I print you off a copy of escaping the mists. See around 6 tonight.

jasper

Rotten DM
Update. The seer. It took longer than 2 hours about 3 hours. But about 1/2 hour of that was dealing with Granny Jenny Clampett for a Greater Restoration spell. Since all 3 adventures who went looking for Granny Jenny had the Butter my Biscuits Story Award, I gave the player a gp and downtime discount. I did make a player find a kitten who had lost her mittens and bring them to Granny. This was to see if the pc would do evil. No the player bought some mittens from the Hare and Hair gave to the kitten and then struck the mittens in a stream.
A player also gave me a 1 minute sand timer which help move parts of game along. The count stands a 194 villagers alive out of 200, 1 pc death, and 64 monsters killed/defeated.
Question. Some players have taken notes and still want to explore the Burgomaster house from the setup in adventure 3. So I allow it? and how should be done?

Anthraxus

Explorer
Question. Some players have taken notes and still want to explore the Burgomaster house from the setup in adventure 3. So I allow it? and how should be done?

I'd say if they're not currently playing a mod featuring the Burgomaster's home(esp. with a Treasure listing), they could explore it at the DM's discretion, but all the treasure listed in adventure 3 are not present(or have been removed).

Pauper

That guy, who does that thing.

There's really nothing to find in the Burgomaster's house post-adventure 3, so any time spent on that in-game would be time not spent on progressing through the adventure. If you're not pressed for time, that's not an issue.

If time is not an issue, and you haven't read through 04-09 The Tempter and 04-10 The Artifact yet, I suggest doing so before having the party explore the Burgomaster's house -- you might think of some things that might help foreshadow the later adventures.

--
Pauper

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
I predict that S4 mods will never be run again anywhere because of that RavenLock. And we definitely saw some player loss during S4.

We're currently running S1 stuff in preparation as we wait for S5 to come out.

Remove ads