[Ravenloft] Grand Conjunction I: Night of the Walking Dead

Gorgamesh

There is a bad smell in the air, stench of death..Agh
He says to Soulsong
I think we better leave this place and head to town.
He comes to the bottom of the ladder
Come, my lady , he says to Benara, Let me help you climb down

Hawken

First Post
"Gorgamesh," I call down to him from the hole we climbed up. "A moment please," I say, not liking either Soulsong's panic or his urging just because of a scent on the wind. "The smell could be just a shifting of the wind. Gasses, even a rotting carcass could have caused that smell. Bad smells don't always indicate undead or other monsters." I go out to the porch and take a quick look around scanning the area with my eyes and listening carefully with my ears for the sound of anything approaching or out of place with these natural surroundings.

Spot check: 6 + 3 = 9
Listen check: 20 + 5 = 25

I turn to Marcel, "Is this smell different?" I ask, knowing that if he actually lives out here he's probably smelled a lot of bad things and this could just be another one of those 'regular' smells for him. "You don't seem to want to go to town. Why? What is bad about the town?" I give him time to reply and try to settle my own nerves, getting agitated with Soulsong's panic and Gorgamesh's uneasiness.

Looking back to the book Soulsong is carrying, I ask Marcel, "Is that a special book? Can we read it?"

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
"Not Marcel," says the young man, shaking his head vigorously. "No." When Benara asks about examining the book, however, he shrugs as if to say if you want. "Marcel died in village."

(Benara)
[sblock]You see nothing, but hear the very faint sounds of something splashing about in the water nearby.[/sblock]
(Soulsong)
[sblock]Your necromantic studies indicated to you that certain powerful zombies and other undead bear a smell similar to this.[/sblock]

Argent Silvermage

First Post
"Ancestors preserve us! There's a powerful undead coming this way!" Soulsong says getting up and looking out the window for a better look at the area. "Mercel is coming? is that right?" he says to the native.

Gorgamesh

Come down, we must reach town, NOW!!!
He shouts in anger to those who acts peacfully.
Gorgamesh draws his flail and start to swing it in circles
Lamar, Keep an eye to the left

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Daman starts as Soulsong calls the alarm, and clutches his pennywhistle as if it were a sword. Starting to run with the group towards the trouble, he grabs his bow and an arrow, hoping that he won't have to use it...*

Remove ads