[Ravenloft] Grand Conjunction I: Night of the Walking Dead

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Daman, Soulsong, and Benara climb the rope ladder to the man's platform house, while Gorgamesh and Lamar stay below at the raft looking for danger (you can start making Listen, Search, and Spot rolls to see if any danger approaches).

(house group)
[sblock]The "house" is a small room, really. Stacked along the wall are a number of boxes. A few open ones betray that they are boxes of food. On pegs on the wall and sitting on the floor are over a dozen lanterns, and the room is flooded with light. Curtains flap in the breeze, covering a crude window. In the center of the floor lies a small, red book. The young man walks over to the boxes and takes some food, holding some out in an offering to anyone who'll take it.[/sblock]

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Thank you! Soulsong says as he takes the food offered. Do you live here or is this an outpost of some sort? He asks expecting another cryptic answer but tying to communicate none the less. He is trying not to look at the book but having a hard time his curiosity is peaked.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
"Home," the young man says quickly in answer to Soulsong. He walks over and pulls apart the curtains, revealing a clear view of the village on the horizon. A small dock can be seen at the water's edge, smoke gently rising in columns from chimneys. "Bad," he says, pointing, and sniffs. "Rain."

(Gorgamesh, Lamar)
[sblock]Gorgamesh and Lamar see nothing approaching, but Gorgamesh detects an extremely faint scent, like rotting meat almost, but somehow subdued.[/sblock]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"It is raining in the village? When does the rain come?" Daman asks softly, remembering their warning from the gypsies.

OOC - Spot = 8
Search = 6
Listen - 16

Hawken

First Post
"Thank you, Gorgamesh," I say to his offer to watch my horse (and dog). I climb up with the others and look about the room. After doing a quick survey of the 'house', I turn to the man and say, "Thank you for inviting us here. You have a nice home, very pleasant," and smile as I speak to him. Crocodiles cannot climb and none of the other beasts of the swamp have bothered with him. This would actually be a pleasant retreat from the town. "Is there something we can do for you? We appreciate your hospitality, but why did you invite us here?" I keep my tone pleasant and casual, though my curiosity is starting to get the better of me. Seeing Soulsong interested in the red book only increases my own growing interest.

When he points at the town and says "bad", I ask him, "What is bad? The town? The rain? Do you need to go back to the town before it starts raining?" As I ask this last question, I look back at the hole we climbed up and wonder if the rains might be strong enough to flood into the house.

Diplomacy: 17 + 6 = 23.
Listen: 16 + 5 = 21.
Spot: 7 + 3 = 10.

Bardic Knowledge: 13 + 5 = 18.
I rolled this check to see if I might have heard, read, etc. anything relating to what the Vistani told us in relation to this town in Souragne; anything about terrible rainstorms, floods or such heralding the walking dead.

My apologies for the lack of posting. Complications resulting from my surgery have kept me out of commission for the better part of the month. I'm starting to feel much better and from here on regular posting should not be a problem. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused and thank you for your patience.

Gorgamesh

Hurry up friends..Agh
Shouts Gorgamesh from below.

There is a rotting smell in the air and that's bad, I think that we should try to reach the town, before the source of the root arrives here.

He pulls out one of his Javelins and scans the Horizon.
weapons has always lifted my courge
He thinks to himself

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
(house group)
[sblock]"Village is bad," the pale man says in answer to Benara. "Why...company..." Seeing Soulsong and Benara looking at the red book lying on his floor, he picks it up, holds it out and grins.[/sblock]
At Gorgamesh's words, though, he rushes out of the door and onto a small porch. He sniffs the air and nods. "Marcel...go. Town bad, but..."

Remove ads