[Ravenloft] Grand Conjunction I: Night of the Walking Dead

Hawken

First Post
I think back to the night with the Vistani, marvelling that we all woke up with all our gear and money and not striped naked and left with nothing. I smile at Gorgamesh's kindness and the surprisingly refreshing sleep I had. Waking just before dawn, I began morning prayers and then tended to my horse and dog making sure they were up and ready to go by the time the others wanted to leave. Somehow not surprised by the disappearance of the Vistani, I say a prayer for Scarengi and his family, grateful for their kindness, whether their motives were altruistic or not.

When I notice the cloaked figure I stop and call my dog to heel, not wanting him, or any of the others to go charging off at some unknown danger. For Darius' and Gorgamesh's benefit, I point out the grey-cloaked figure and then stand waiting for the person to respond to Soulsong.

DrZombie

First Post
Two can play the hiding game Lamar thinks as he sees the grey figure. Using the challanges cried out by his compatriots as a distraction he crouches behind the undergrowth and tries to spot the grey figure again.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
As Soulsong calls out to the figure, it runs towards where Lamar sits.

Lamar:
[sblock]Apparently oblivious of your presence, as the figure approaches, you can make out the features of a young man -- he can't be more than 20 -- blond, gaunt, and exceptionally pale-skinned. He looks every bit like the stereotypical Suel necromancers back on Oerth, but you're not getting an 'evil vibe' from him.[/sblock]

Gorgamesh

Stop..Agh shouts Gorgamesh at him
he'll try to stand still in his way to Lamar and catch him with his bare hands
We mean you no harm

If i need to throw grapple : Grapple check 19(roll) + 5 (str) = 24

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Soulsong, is it friend or foe? Demon or angel?" Daman asks softly, clutching his pennywhistle at his side like a warrior would the hilt of his sword.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
It's hard to tell at the moment friend Daman. The Elf necromancer says. Mayhaps an offering of wine will help concord.

Soulsong smiles and holds out his flask with the stopper open, offering it in the Greyman's direction.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
The figure approaches the group from the woods, emerging slowly, his hood revealing the features of a young man in his early 20s, blond and gaunt. He shies away from the twisted caliban, extending his hands palms upwards to show that he has no quarrel with you. He reaches out tentatively and takes the flask from Soulsong. "Thank you..." he replies. He takes a swig and then utters an incomprehensible phrase: "The on descend shall evil of night the land, at near is signs of hexad this when hand."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Andrew D. Gable said:
"The on descend shall evil of night the land, at near is signs of hexad this when hand."

*Daman immediately begins to weave the words into a more comprehensible form, something he often did in his own mind*

"The evil shall descend on the land of night, when the signs of this hexad is at hand," he murmurs, and then shakes his head.

OOC - Remember, Daman has only identified himself as Darius to the group. He has not mentioned his real name. Names have power, and he doesn't know you all yet. ;)

DM: [sblock]Could Daman use a perform check or bardic knowledge check to help with his wordsmithing?[/sblock]

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Soulsong smiles broadly. I'm glad we could meet. I'm called Soulsong. Please feel free to share our company if it so pleases you.

Darius what does that mean? I still haven't the faintest clue what's going on here. Is this world as tainted in evil as you all say?

Remove ads