[Re-Recruiting] [DnD 3.5] War of the Burning Sky [CLOSED]

Antithetist

First Post
Whew, all done with my submission. I'm pretty rusty on 3.5, but I think everything's in order now. :)

[sblock=Arshen, Human Monk]Arshen Dundrailen
Human Male
Monk 3
XP: 3,000
Lawful Neutral

16 Strength (+3) (10 pts)
14 Dexterity (+2) (6 pts)
14 Constitution (+2) (6 pts)
8 Intelligence (-1) (0 pts)
14 Wisdom (+2) (6 pts)
8 Charisma (-1) (0 pts)

HP: 26 (3d8+6)
BAB: +2
AC: 15*, Touch 14*, Flat-footed 13

* - +1 vs. designated Dodge target, +4 vs. attacks of opportunity provoked by movement

Speed: 40'
Initiative: +2

Fortitude: +6
Reflex: +6*
Will: +6**

*- Evasion
**- +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects

Attacks:
Unarmed Strike +6 melee (1d6+3*, 20/x2)
Unarmed Strike +4/+4 melee (1d6 +3*, 20/x2)

Shuriken +4 ranged (1d2+3*, 20/x2)
Shuriken +2/+2 ranged (1d2+3*, 20/x2)

* - +2 vs. preferred foe

Feats:
Dodge (Level 1)
Mobility (Level 1 Human Bonus)
Improved Unarmed Strike (Level 1 Monk Bonus)
Stunning Fist (3/day, DC 13) (Level 1 Monk Bonus)
Blade of the Resistance (Level 1 Background Bonus)
Deflect Arrows (Level 2 Monk Bonus)
Weapon Focus: Unarmed Strike (Level 3)

Class Features:
Flurry of Blows
Monk Unarmed Strike
Monk AC Bonus
Evasion
Still Mind

Skills: (4 pts per level, x4 at 1st)
+8 Balance - 4 ranks +2 Dex +2 Synergy (Tumble)
+8 Climb - 5 ranks +3 Str
+10 Jump - 5 ranks +3 Str +2 Synergy (Tumble)
+7 Swim - 4 ranks +3 Str
+10 Tumble - 6 ranks +2 Dex +2 Synergy (Jump)

Equipment:
Bracers of Armor +1 1000gp
Cloak of Resistance +1 1000gp
Backpack (2 lbs) 2gp
Bedroll (5 lbs) 0.1gp
Flint and Steel 1gp
Trail Rations x5 (5 lbs) 2.5gp
Sunrod x4 (4 lbs) 8gp
Waterskin (4 lbs) 1gp

685.4gp

Languages: Common
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 190 lbs
Hair: Shaved bald
Eyes: Blue

Patron Deity: St. Cuthbert
Allegiance: Resistance

Description: A big, well-muscled man in simple rough-spun peasant garb, Arshen could easily pass for a simple farmer - although a more observant eye might wonder at the unusual poise and fluidity in his movements. His face is like hewn stone, all hard lines and angles with a jutting jaw and blunt aquiline nose. Cold blue eyes look out sternly from beneath a heavy brow.

Background: Arshen's early years were spent in one of Gate Pass's orphanages, his parents unknown. He was adopted and fostered from the age of five by a man named Caulder. Caulder had spent much of his life in a monastic order dedicated to St. Cuthbert, but had now retreated to a simpler life as a farmer in the hills outside Gate Pass, where he also gave lessons to the farmers' children. He was a stern, hard man, a great believer in discipline and hard work, but never cruel. Arshen came to respect him - even revere him - and proved a willing and capable student of his foster-father's demanding teachings of self-mastery and self-perfection.

When the resistance came to speak to the farmers, Caulder was among the first to give them his support, declaring that no foreign invader would set foot on his land as long as he lived. Arshen went further - he asked to go with the resistance when they returned to the city, and there join their cause as a full-time and committed member. His father gave his blessing to the enterprise, and so it came to pas. Arshen soon distinguished himself with his dedication and skill, though his brusque and unsmiling manner won him few friends.[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
ok here's the crunch really need to finish the players guide (think I made it through two pages :erm:) to help with background but so far I have some undead a fairy grove and Shaylir being chosen defender of the forest. Maybe a treant in there not sure yet.

Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Shaylir
[B]Class:[/B] Druid/Cleric
[B]Race:[/B] Halfling
[B]Size:[/B] Small
[B]Gender:[/B] Female
[B]Alignment:[/B] Neutral Good
[B]Deity:[/B] none (worships nature)

[B]Str:[/B] 10 +0 (04p.)     [B]Level:[/B] 2/1      [B]XP:[/B] 6,000
[B]Dex:[/B] 16 +3 (06p.)     [B]BAB:[/B] +1         [B]HP:[/B] 19 (3d8+3)
[B]Con:[/B] 12 +1 (04p.)     [B]Grapple:[/B] -3     [B]Dmg Red:[/B] none
[B]Int:[/B] 10 +0 (02p.)     [B]Speed:[/B] 20'      [B]Spell Res:[/B] none
[B]Wis:[/B] 15 +2 (08p.)     [B]Init:[/B] +3        [B]Spell Save:[/B] +2
[B]Cha:[/B] 12 +1 (04p.)     [B]ACP:[/B] +0         [B]Spell Fail:[/B] n/a

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]              10    +4    +1    +3    +1                19
[B]Touch:[/B] 14              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 16

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                      5    +1  +1      +7
[B]Ref:[/B]                       0    +3  +1      +4
[B]Will:[/B]                      5    +2  +1      +8(+9)*
* +1 save vs. fear

[B]Weapon                  Attack   Damage  Critical  Range[/B]
Sling(mw)                   +6       1d2      x2       50'
Dagger(melee)               +2       1d3    19-20x2    ---
Dagger(thrown)              +6       1d3    19-20x2    10'  

[B]Languages:[/B] Common, Halfling, and Druidic

[B]Abilities:[/B] 
* Halfling racial bonuses (will list if you want)
* Animal Companion(would like fox and would use dog stats for it if that is
 all right)
* Nature Sense
* Wild Empathy: 1d20+3
* Woodland Stride
* Spellcasting: Both classes cast divine spells based on Shaylir's Wisdom
* Spontaneous Casting: Druid- lose a spell to cast any summon nature's
                                 ally spell of the same level or lower
                       Cleric- lose a non-domain spell to cast any "cure" 
                                spell of the same level or less
* Alignment Spells: May not cast any evil spells
* Bonus Language: Add Sylvan, Celestial, Abyssal, and Infernal to list of
 bonus languages, and get Druidic for free.
* Arua: None
* Domains: Animal and Healing- This is to relflect Shaylir's goal to help
 protect the small helpless creatures of nature.
* Turning Undead: Shaylir channels positive energy.
   - Times per day: 4
   - Range: 60' (special)
   - Turning Check: 1d20+1
   - Turning Damage: 2d6+2

[B]Feats:[/B] 
* Proficient with all armors and with shields (except tower)
* Proficient with all simple weapons and scimitar
* Track
* Self Sufficient

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 22       [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 6/3
[B]Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
Survival                   5    +2     +2    +7(+9)**
Heal                       6    +2     +2   +10
Knowledge(nature)          5    +0     +4    +9
Hide                       3    +3     +4   +10
Move Silently              0    +3     +2    +5
Climb                      0    +0     +2    +2
Jump                       0    +0     +2    +2
Listen                     0    +2     +2    +4
** synergy bonus, add when in aboveground natural enviroments

[B]Equipment:               Cost    Weight[/B]
Traveler's outfit        free     0lb
Studded Leather +1    1,175gp    10lb
Shield,small wooden(mw) 153gp   2.5lb
Sling(mw)               300gp     0lb
Dagger                    2gp     1lb
Bedroll                   5sp  1.25lb
Backpack                  2gp    .5lb
-rations,trail(2days)     1gp    .5lb
-waterskin                1gp     1lb
-sunrods(2)               4gp     2lb
-whetstone                2cp     1lb
Belt Pouch                1gp  .125lb
-holly and mistletoe      ---     0lb
-thunderstone            30gp     1lb
Spell Component Pouch     5gp     2lb
Holy Symbol,silver***    25gp     1lb

[B]Magical Items [/B]
Studded Leather +1
Pearl of Power(1st lvl)*** set in center of holy symbol

[B]Total Weight:[/B]23.875lb      [B]Money:[/B] 0gp 9sp 8cp

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]              24.75  49.50  75.00  150.00  375.00

[B]Age:[/B] 26
[B]Height:[/B] 2'5"
[B]Weight:[/B] 29lb
[B]Eyes:[/B] hazel
[B]Hair:[/B] reddish
[B]Skin:[/B] very tanned

Appearance: Shaylir is very small and thin, mostly from living in the wilds. She grew up among the animals of the
forest and has taken on some of their characteristics and mannerisms. She is usually slightly dirty, a little smelly, and
has wild short unkept hair.

Background: pending reading player's guide (need names and such)

Roll Lookup - HP rolls

Last edited:

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I would be interested in playing a Human Bard/Fighter building towards the Chameleon PrC. I'm still working on the flavor, but ideally he'd be the party's face-man as well as a war chronicler. His motivation for joining a team would be to head to the 'front lines' and witness firsthand the tragedies of war and, if possible, make a name for himself in doing so. His motivation for becoming a chameleon would be to appear as an 'everyman', becoming part of any social group in order to get the best stories.

Last edited:

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
At least one person has rolled hit points. HPs are max HP at level one, and then HD/2+1 every level after that (so 1d8->5hp/level, 1d12->7hp/level, etc.). I thought that was somewhere in the original recruitment thread, but I can't find it.

S@s: I think your build looks good. If your rogue was living in Gate Pass it will be easy to hook him into the party.

Antithetist: Would your monk be interested in joining the Knights of the Aquiline Cross? Because they would have approached him some time before the start of the adventure.

Holyman: I'm a little worried about your background sketch. The PCs are going to travel a lot, so being attached to any one spot will cause problems. Also, worshiping Beory is basically the same thing as worshiping Nature. Beory has a very Gaia-like aspect.

s@squ@tch

First Post
The monk and my rogue would be able to tumble through the battlefield, setting up quick flanks for sneak attack cheese! I like it!

As for his current living situation -- Gates Pass sounds as good as any -- as he quickly wears out his welcome and has to move on!

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Still working on background. I was looking into players guide and this war could be why an aspect of Beory approached her and gave her the "mission" to protect the deziens of the forest.

Mainly I went the no deity route because I could chose two domains myself, and would fit with her growing up in the wild-- see no knowledge(religion).

I wanted to be a healer and a nature lover roled into one. :)

Your call on that she might not know who Beory is but he could be her patron.

When do you think we will be able to jump in to the game, no rush I still need this background (she fights skeletons before gaining a lvl of cleric and is ineffective but then she gets some turn undead going and bam!! :p ) I'm going to subscribe to the IC to keep up.

Oh she isn't stuck one place she will be pulled to help stop this conflict.

HM

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I tried downloading the PDF from Paizo.com, but when I got it, Adobe said it couldn't open it. I'm not a community supporter so I don't think I can get it here for free. Where else might I find the PDF?

Last edited:

Antithetist

First Post
quick flanks for sneak attack cheese! I like it!

For sure. :]

Antithetist: Would your monk be interested in joining the Knights of the Aquiline Cross? Because they would have approached him some time before the start of the adventure.

Yes, if KotAC were working in sympathy with the Resistance then Arshen would likely have been very open to any approach from them. They seem like a good fit with his religious beliefs and personal notion of honour. The only reason I decided against writing a KotAC affiliation into his background was that I felt unsure if he would have come into contact with them; but if they were working with the resistance, that's sorted. :)

Fixing HP now, I couldn't find info on how you wanted it done so I just used max at 1st and 1/2 HD thereafter.

Point of interest: Living Greyhawk mentions that a dialect using archaic pronouns (thou/thee) is common among St. Cuthbert's faithful. Are you happy for this to be included in this setting? Because I could totally get into having Arshen talk that way. :p

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
HM: I just realized that the halfling favored class is rogue. Are you planning on alternating levels in cleric and druid? I can't think of a divine/divine spellcasting pclass that you could be going for, though there might be one hiding in complete champion or complete mage that I can't think of. Equally splitting levels between cleric and druid is going to end up being very painful. Going straight druid should allow sufficient healing compared to what the party's had available so far. Druids are really just one spell-level behind clerics in healing.

If worshiping Beory (or Berei or Ehlonna or Obad-hai) means you can't get the domains you want then I'm fine with Shaylir not worshiping a particular deity. Note that the only way you can get access to non-SRD domains is if you worship a deity that offers them.

EDIT: I expect new players to jump into the game sometime next week.

Hero: You should be able to download the player's guide at http://www.enworld.org/enpublishing/ENP-WotBSpg.zip.

Anti: Using a more archaic dialect sounds awesome.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Not going to work on anything particular just thought her as a druid/cleric split all the way up.

The benefit is a couple more spells she can cast as an equivalent character lvl (right now she has two more spells than a third lvl caster) the drawback is Spell lvl she should have second lvl spells now but won't for the next two lvls, but as you said whatever healing she does bring is more than what the party did have.

I like cleric for spontaneous cure spells straight druid won't allow that. So I'm thinking druid spells to aid in encounters and cleric spells for the messy clean up.

HM

Remove ads