[Re-Recruiting] [DnD 3.5] War of the Burning Sky [CLOSED]

Rhun

First Post
Not going to work on anything particular just thought her as a druid/cleric split all the way up.

The benefit is a couple more spells she can cast as an equivalent character lvl (right now she has two more spells than a third lvl caster) the drawback is Spell lvl she should have second lvl spells now but won't for the next two lvls, but as you said whatever healing she does bring is more than what the party did have.

I like cleric for spontaneous cure spells straight druid won't allow that. So I'm thinking druid spells to aid in encounters and cleric spells for the messy clean up.

Just a note from the character optimization point of view...unless you are looking at some sort of "theurge" class when you gain some more levels, you'll find your PC underpowered if we ever get to high levels. The loss of caster levels and higher level spells will prove to be a big drawback, I think you'll find. The caster level thing can probably be fixed by taking certain feats, but I don't think there is a fix for the high level spell thing.

Just wanted to point that out. I'm all for players playing whatever character they want! :D

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
I like cleric for spontaneous cure spells straight druid won't allow that. So I'm thinking druid spells to aid in encounters and cleric spells for the messy clean up.
Another option would be to take spontaneous healer from complete divine. It lets you cast spontaneous cure spells like a cleric except only wisdom modifier times per day. It would require you to take 4 ranks in knowledge: religion, though, which would be cross-class if you went straight druid.

I don't mean for it to sound like I'm beating you over the head for going cleric/druid. I think I'm just a powergamer at heart.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Izaak Tzende, Bard 1/Fighter 2

I need to get gear and round out this guy's personal info, but most of the crunch is done. :)
Code:
Name: Izaak Tzende (ZEN-day)
Class: Bard 1/Fighter 2	
Race: Human
Size: M
Alignment: NG
Deity: Fharlanghn, Daern

Str: 14 +2 (6p.)	Level: 3	XP: 3000
Dex: 12 +1 (4p.)	BAB: +2   	HP: 21 (6+6+6+3)
Con: 12 +1 (4p.)	Grapple: +4	
Int: 12 +1 (4p.)	Speed: 30'	Stat Increases:
Wis: 12 +1 (4p.)	Init: +2	Spell Save: 
Cha: 14 +2 (6p.)	ACP: -1		Spell Fail: N/A

Total	Base	Armr	Shld	Dex	Size	Nat	Misc
Armor:	16	10	+4	+1	+1	+0	+0	+0
Touch:	11	Flatfooted: 15

Spell Res: None	Dmg Red: None

Total	Base	Mod	Misc
Fort:	+4	+3	+1	--
Ref:	+4	+2	+2	--
Will:	+3	+2	+1	--
Notes:

Weapon			Atk	Dmg	Crit	Rng
mw c. longbow (+2 str)	+5	1d8+2	x3	110
mw c. longbow (ful atk)	+3/+3	1d8+2	x3	110
scimitar		+4	1d6+2	18-20/x2

Notes: 
Languages: Common, Dwarven

Abilities: 
Bardic Music (1/day): Countersong, Fascinate, Inspire Courage 
Bardic Knowledge: +2
Spells (2/day): 
0: light, lullaby, mending, message

Feats:  
(1) Brd1: (Gate Pass) Blessed by Dreams
(1) Brd1: (Gen) Able Learner
(1) Brd1: (Hum) Point Blank Shot 
(2) Ftr1: (Ftr) Precise Shot
(3) Ftr2: (Ftr) Rapid Shot
(3) Ftr2: (Gen) Weapon Focus (c. longbow)

Skill Points: 40	Max Ranks: 6/3
Skills		Total	Ranks	Mod 	Misc
Bluff       	+8 	6	+2	--
Diplomacy     	+10	4  	+2	-- (Syn +2 Bluff, Sense Motive)
Disguise  	+10	6	+2      -- (Syn +2 Bluff)
Gather Info	+6	4	+2      --
Perform   	+6	4	+2	--
Sense Motive	+6	5	+1	--
Spellcraft  	+6	5	+1	-- (Syn +2 UMD: id scrolls)
Use Magic Dev	+8	6	+2	-- (Syn Splcraft: +2 use scrolls)
Notes:

Equipment:			Cost	Weight
mw c. longbow (+2 str)		600	 3
scimitar			15	 4
mithral shirt			1100	10
wand, cure light wnds (50)	750	--
buckler				 15	5
arrows, 40			  2	6
backpack			  2	2
bedroll				  .1	5
blanket, winter			  .5	3
oil, 4 pints			  .4	4
lantern, hooded			  7	2
rations, 8 days	        	  4	8
waterskin			  1	4

Total Weight:	56	Money:	203 gp 

Lgt	Med	Hvy	Lift	Push
Max Weight:	58	116	175	350	875	

Height: 5' 9"
Weight: 168 lbs.
Eyes: brown
Hair: brown with light beard
Skin: tan
Background:
- grew up in Dassen
- family served on the Wayfarer
- voyaged to Gate Pass to pursue bardic career in big city
- signed on with Shakur Biggs to perform for festival
- once festival was canceled, Izaak felt a responsibility to protect Gate Pass from invasion
- became guardsman under temple of Daern
- Fharlanghn became his inspiration to travel, Daern became his inspiration to protect the places he visits; wants to travel once the threat of war has passed
- Izaak wants to be an everyman, to help all people; best way to do so is mingle among them
- best way to mingle is to be like whoever he is with; pursuing Chameleon class to fit in with any social group

Appearance:
I can't link it, but it can be found at
male Ranger close up, Adam Vincent, SciFi Fantasy Art and Male Human Ranger, Adam Vincent, SciFi Fantasy Art

Last edited:

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Antithetist said:
Fixing HP now, I couldn't find info on how you wanted it done so I just used max at 1st and 1/2 HD thereafter.
If I recall, from the original recruiting thrad, the DM wants max HP at 1st, level, then half your die+1 after that per die (ex d4: 2+1=3, d10: 5+1=6).

Antithetist

First Post
If I recall, from the original recruiting thrad, the DM wants max HP at 1st, level, then half your die+1 after that per die (ex d4: 2+1=3, d10: 5+1=6).

At least one person has rolled hit points. HPs are max HP at level one, and then HD/2+1 every level after that (so 1d8->5hp/level, 1d12->7hp/level, etc.). I thought that was somewhere in the original recruitment thread, but I can't find it.

Solved already. ;)

Thanks though!

Herobizkit

Adventurer
My character is complete and ready for review.

What kills me is I've just recently discovered the joys that a Dragon Shaman may bring me. Maybe for another campaign...

[Edit] I'd like to have this guy have ties to the Temple, which I believe would get me the Blessed by Dreams feat for free.

I have a very rough backstory that needs to percolate overnight. :)

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Ok finished the PG now a couple questions;

1) Can I change my Track feat out for Vow of Healing, that is excatly how I wish to play Shaylir
2) Should I always take the Stand the Heat spell?? because...
3) I wish to start in the Fire Forest (is that ok?)

HM

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
I'll make a decision about who to take in the game on Wednesday. Please your stuff done by then.

Hero: Your stats look fine. I'm assuming you're doing the bard1/fighter4 build to chameleon. As far as ties to the Temples, you need to pick a deity whose temple you'll be associated with. See this post for the state of religions in Gate Pass.

HM: Switching Track for Vow of Healing is fine. You'll be one of the few non-KoAC who have it, but there's no reason why you couldn't have figured it out without the Knights. Living in the Fire Forest is fine, though you can't have exactly grown up there because you had to pick up your first level to be able to cast Stand the Heat.

Remove ads