D&D 5E Re-Revised Ranger

Thurmas

Explorer
Looking really good. You parallel a lot of my own thoughts on what a revised ranger should look like. I just have two quibbles:

Firstly, all rangers getting an animal companion is not a direction that WotC is likely to take, based on the design decisions they've already made in 5E. You may have noticed that other forms of companion which were at one time core features, such as the paladin's mount and the wizard's familiar, have also become optional. I believe the reason for this is that, while some players really enjoy this feature, for others having to keep track of a whole extra character is more of a hassle than it's worth.

Secondly, the PHB ranger is bad enough, but you give your ranger a third save proficiency and it's still not Constitution?

Thanks!

I think having it as an option, doesn't mean you have to use it. The problem was, there was no good way to get anything resembling a companion unless you went beast master or took a feat to grab the find familiar spell. This gives you the ability to have one if you want it. If you don't, you aren't really losing anything. It can't attack, and the CR of 1/2 or less keeps it to a reasonable creature. I don't even believe the ranger has any touch attack spells for it to use. Its for flavor more than anything.

I would really like him to have Con saves, but 4 saves feels a bit much, and I think classes should be proficient in their spellcasting stat, so Wisdom took priority.

ro

First Post
Naturalist

I feel like the Naturalist needs a lot of work. My question is, "What would make someone want ot play a Naturalist Ranger rather than a Cleric?" The once-per-24-hours abilities of the Naturalist are almost always inferior to once-per-long-rest spells of a Cleric of similar level. A Cleric could be a weapon combatant throughout and save all spells for healing and easily surpass the Naturalist in most areas of play. I like the goals of this subclass, but I feel it is underpowered.

Herbalist
At 2nd level, you are able to create Healing Poultices. You spend 1 minute bandaging a creature’s wounds. That creature regains a number of hit points equal to your Ranger level + your Wisdom modifier. A creature can only benefit from a poultice once every 24 hours. This has no effect on undead or constructs.

If you are in your favored terrain, you add your proficiency bonus to the amount of hit points restored.

I like this ability, but it is strictly worse than the Healer feat, except that it scales with level. I think you should consider changing it to once per creature per short rest. Especially since the Naturalist has no magic, I think this should be at least as good as the Healer feat.

Extra Attack
Beginning at 5th level, you can attack twice, instead of once, whenever you take the Attack action on your turn.

I'm glad that this carries over from the standard Ranger.

Improved Herbalist
Also at 5th level. your knowledge of herbs and medicines has improved. You can now create natural cures. You spend 1 minute preparing the appropriate reagents and treating a creature. That creature is cured of any poison afflicting it or one the following conditions: blinded, deafened, paralyzed, or poisoned. A creature can only benefit from Improved Herbalism once every 24 hours. This has no effect on undead or constructs.

This is a nice upgrade.

Poison Knowledge
At 7th level, you knowledge of poisons grants you immunity to poison damage and the poisoned condition.

This is good. How does it compare to 4th level spells? I think you should give resistance to poison and advantage on saving throws at 2nd level, and then this at 7th.

Trap Master

Also at 7th level, you learn to set traps for your enemies. You can spend at least 10 minutes to set one of the following traps. If a trap calls for a DC check or save, the trap DC equals 8 + your proficiency bonus + your wisdom modifier.

Once a trap has been sprung, it is rendered useless.

Alarm
Choose a door, a window, or an area within range that is no larger than a 25-foot cube. For the next 24 hours, as long as you or an ally is within sight or sound of the trap, it alerts you when a small or larger creature touches or enters the alarmed area. You choose the nature of the alert, either audible or visual.

Snare
Choose a door, a window, or an area within range that is no larger than a 5-foot cube. For the next 24 hours, when a small or medium creature enters the area, they must make a dexterity or strength (your choice based on the nature of the trap) saving throw or be restrained.

A creature restrained by the trap can use its action to repeat the saving throw against your trap DC. On a success, it frees itself.

If you set the trap in your favored terrain, creatures have disadvantage on the saving throw.

Hazard
Choose a door, a window, or an area within range that is no larger than a 5-foot cube. For the next 24 hours, when a small or larger creature touches or enters the trapped area, they must make a dexterity or strength (your choice based on the nature of the trap) saving throw. The creature takes damage of a type appropriate to the trap equal to your Hunter’s Mark damage + your wisdom modifier on a failed save, or half as much on a successful one.

If you set the trap in your favored terrain, creatures have disadvantage on the saving throw.

This is fun and special. I like it. I think you should move "If you set the trap in your favored terrain, creatures have disadvantage on the saving throw." to the top rather than having it repeat. You should also add a clause about disarming the trapd: "A creature can disarm one of your traps with a successful Dexterity (Sleight of Hand) skill check against a DC of 15 + your Wisdom modifier."

Improved Poison Knowledge
At 11th level, your knowledge of poisons has further improved. You may spend a bonus action to coat a weapon or piece of ammunition in poison. The poison stays on the weapon for 1 minute before dissipating. A creature hit by an attack with that weapon or ammunition must make a Constitution saving or be poisoned for 1 minute. The DC equals 8 + your proficiency bonus + your wisdom modifier.

Additionally, you gain proficiency in the poisoner’s kit. If you already have proficiency, you double your proficiency bonus.

I like this ability.

Master Herbalist
At 15th level, your knowledge as an herbalist and healer knows no bounds. You can cure even the most serious of ailments. By spending 1 hour diagnosing a creature and preparing a cure, you can attempt to remove one level of exhaustion or undo a debilitating effect. Choose one of the following:

• One effect that charmed or petrified the target
  • Any reduction to one of the target’s ability scores
  • One effect reducing the target’s hit point maximum

Make a Wisdom saving throw against the DC of the effect that caused the condition. On a success, you cure the creature. If the effect had no DC, you succeed automatically.

You may only attempt to cure a creature once every 24 hours. This has no effect on undead or constructs.

This 15th-level ability is basically Greater Restoration, a 5th level spell which a Cleric can get at 9th level. By 15th level, a cleric has two 5th level slots and three higher level slots. Not only that, but the Cleric always succeeds! Now, the Naturalist can use it on multiple creatures, so that's one difference, but the Naturalist already has no spellcasting; giving this spell/ability at such a late level seems rather lackluster.

If you gave back spellcasting to the Naturalist, this would be a better fit.

Now, I understand you want the Naturalist to be spell-free, so what if you take some more healing spells and re-skin them as class features?

Some other possible abilities:
- You gain proficiency in the Medicine skill. If you are already proficient in the skill, you gain advantage on checks you make with it.
- When you use a healer’s kit to stabilize a dying creature, that creature also regains 1 hit point.
- On a turn when your action or bonus action is to restore HP or cure a condition on a creature and you do not attack, your speed is doubled, and you do not provoke opportunity attacks as you run to the creature's aid.
- Quick Cover: You have the uncanny ability to use the items around you to create cover around an injured creature, even in an apparently empty room. As an action you can use items immediately around you to give a +2 AC bonus to yourself and a creature you are trying to help. If you do this a second time, the AC bonus increases to +5. The cover you create protects the space(s) occupied by you and the creature and lasts for 1 minute before its structural integrity fails. A creature may use its action to attack and destroy the cover you create.
- You are becoming a world-class physician. You gain the non-magical ability to perform the actions described in several spells. Only other Naturalists of similar level know the secrets to your incredible skill.
-- You gain expertise in Medicine, Nature, and Survival, as well as with the herbalist kit, adding double your proficiency bonus to any ability check you make with them.
-- You gain the following abilities at the specified Ranger level, recharging after 24 hours or after a long rest:
----9th, 14th Level: Greater Restoration
----10th, 15th Level: Heal
----11th, 16th Level: Heroes' Feast
----12th, 17th Level: Resurrection
----13th, 18th Level: Regenerate
----14th, 19th Level: Mass Heal
----15th, 20th Level: True Resurrection

ro

First Post
Below I have posted my version of the Ranger class, as well as 4 subclasses: Beast Master, Hunter, Scout and Naturalist. I realize this isn't the first time someone has done this, but I wanted to give this a shot for our group. While the UA Revised Ranger is an improvement, it still left a bit lacking so I tried to address some of the shortcomings. It is a fairly long post, but I would appreciate any input people have on balance, power level or design.

So I gave a bunch of suggestions for the Naturalist. Here's my attempt to merge them into the work you already did. I added a lot, in the attempt to counter balance the lack of spellcasting. It is probably overpowered, but what do you think?

Naturalist

Herbalist
At 2nd level, you gain proficiency with the herbalism kit, and you are able tocreate Healing Poultices. You spend 1 minute bandaging a creature’s wounds. That creature regains a number of hit points equal to your Ranger level + your Wisdom modifier. A creature can only benefit from a poultice once per shortrest. This has no effect on undead or constructs.

If you are in your favored terrain, you add your proficiency bonus to theamount of hit points restored.

Poison Knowledge

Also at 2nd level, your knowledge of poisons grants you resistance to poisondamage and advantage on saving throws against the poisoned condition.

Subject Matter Expert
At 3rd level, you gain proficiency in one of Medicine, Nature, Survival, the Healer’s Kit, or the Herbalism Kit. You gain an additional proficiency in oneof these at 5th, 11th, and 15th level. When you gain thisbenefit and you already have proficiency in all of them, you may choose one togain expertise: you add double your proficiency bonus to the checks you makewith that skill or tool.

Extra Attack
Beginning at 5th level, you can attack twice, instead of once, whenever youtake the Attack action on your turn.

Improved Herbalist
Also at 5th level, your knowledge of herbs and medicines has improved. You cannow create natural cures. You spend 1 minute preparing the appropriate reagentsand treating a creature. That creature is cured of any poison afflicting it orone the following conditions: blinded, deafened, paralyzed, or poisoned. Acreature can only benefit from Improved Herbalism once every 24 hours. This hasno effect on undead or constructs.

Poison Knowledge
At 7th level, you knowledge of poisons grants you immunity to poison damage andthe poisoned condition.

Trap Master

Also at 7th level, you learn to set traps for your enemies. You can spend atleast 10 minutes to set one of the following traps. If a trap calls for a DCcheck or save, the trap DC equals 8 + your proficiency bonus + your wisdommodifier.

If you set the trap in your favored terrain, creatures have disadvantage on thesaving throw. Once a trap has been sprung, it is rendered useless. A creaturemay disarm one of your traps with a successful Dexterity (Sleight of Hand)check against a DC of 15 + your Wisdom modifier.

Alarm
Choose a door, a window, or an area within range that is no larger than a25-foot cube. For the next 24 hours, as long as you or an ally is within sightor sound of the trap, it alerts you when a small or larger creature touches orenters the alarmed area. You choose the nature of the alert, either audible orvisual.

Snare
Choose a door, a window, or an area within range that is no larger than a5-foot cube. For the next 24 hours, when a Small or Medium creature enters thearea, they must make a dexterity or strength (your choice based on the natureof the trap) saving throw or be restrained. A Large creature has advantage onthe saving throw. A creature restrained by the trap can use its action torepeat the saving throw against your trap DC. On a success, it frees itself.

Hazard
Choose a door, a window, or an area within range that is no larger than a5-foot cube. For the next 24 hours, when a small or larger creature touches orenters the trapped area, they must make a dexterity or strength (your choicebased on the nature of the trap) saving throw. The creature takes damage of atype appropriate to the trap equal to your Hunter’s Mark damage + your wisdommodifier on a failed save, or half as much on a successful one.

Combat Medic

At 9th level, you have become exceptionally mobile in combat. On a turnwhen you do not attack and your action or bonus action is to restore HP or curea condition on a creature, your speed is doubled and opportunity attacks againstyou have disadvantage as you run to the creature's aid.

At 11th level, your knowledge of poisons has further improved. You may spend abonus action to coat a weapon or piece of ammunition in poison. The poisonstays on the weapon for 1 minute before dissipating. A creature hit by anattack with that weapon or ammunition must make a Constitution saving or bepoisoned for 1 minute. The DC equals 8 + your proficiency bonus + your wisdommodifier.

Additionally, you gain proficiency in the poisoner’s kit. If you already haveproficiency, you double your proficiency bonus.

Quick Cover
At 13th level, you gain the uncanny ability to use the items around you tocreate cover for injured creatures, even in an apparently empty room. As anaction you mysteriously build cover to give a +2 AC bonus to yourself and acreature next to you whom you are trying to help. If you do this a second time,the AC bonus increases to +5. The cover you create protects the space(s)occupied by you and the creature and lasts for 1 minute before its structuralintegrity fails. A creature that can attack may use its action to attack anddestroy the cover you create.

Otherwordly Medicine
Your skill as a healer is beyond the understanding of anyone in the world. Yougain the non-magical ability to perform the actions described in severalspells. Only other Naturalists of similar level know the secret to yourincredible skill.

Starting at 9th level, your skill in naturalistic medicine mimics those ofa cleric. You gain abilities that match Cleric spells according to the tablebelow. However, you cannot choose an ability that ordinarily deals damage.

Furthermore, if you choose a ranged ability, its range is instead Touch. Whenyou use such a ranged ability, take note of the creatures it could haveaffected at range: you have 1 minute to touch each creature you would like toaffect. You may touch a creature as an action or a bonus action, and the effecttakes effect the moment you touch that creature.

At each level in the table below, you gain a Life Slot and learn one MedicalAbility of the same level. These function like a Cleric’s spells and spell slots,except that your Medical Abilities are always prepared, you use an herbalismkit or healer’s kit instead of a spellcasting focus, and verbal componentssound like ordinary words in your language of choice, with mysterious wordslike “scalpel”, “MRI”, and “bacteria” thrown in. You may learn a lower levelCleric spell as your Medical Ability, though your Life Slot stays at the levelspecified:

----9th, 13th, 17th Level: 5th level Cleric spell
----11th, 14th Level: 6th level Cleric spell
----12th, 15th Level: 7th level Cleric spell
----16th Level: 8th level Cleric spell
----18th, 19th Level: 9th level Cleric spell

Divine Intervention
At 20th level, you gain the Cleric class capstone, Divine Intervention, rather than the Ranger Foe Slayer capstone.

Last edited:

Thurmas

Explorer
I feel like the Naturalist needs a lot of work. My question is, "What would make someone want ot play a Naturalist Ranger rather than a Cleric?" The once-per-24-hours abilities of the Naturalist are almost always inferior to once-per-long-rest spells of a Cleric of similar level. A Cleric could be a weapon combatant throughout and save all spells for healing and easily surpass the Naturalist in most areas of play. I like the goals of this subclass, but I feel it is underpowered.

I'm not sure I would compare it to the cleric as much as compare it to the other ranger subclasses and their spell progression. This was a tough subclass to build, because I had to come up with viable replacements for spells, as well as other unique abilities. I also had to follow along with where conclave abilities were given.

I like this ability, but it is strictly worse than the Healer feat, except that it scales with level. I think you should consider changing it to once per creature per short rest. Especially since the Naturalist has no magic, I think this should be at least as good as the Healer feat.

That's reasonable.

This is a nice upgrade.

It also manages to coincide when the spellcasting ranger would get Lesser Restoration.

I think you should give resistance to poison and advantage on saving throws at 2nd level, and then this at 7th.

Not a bad idea.

This is fun and special. I like it. I think you should move "If you set the trap in your favored terrain, creatures have disadvantage on the saving throw." to the top rather than having it repeat. You should also add a clause about disarming the trapd: "A creature can disarm one of your traps with a successful Dexterity (Sleight of Hand) skill check against a DC of 15 + your Wisdom modifier."

This 15th-level ability is basically Greater Restoration, a 5th level spell which a Cleric can get at 9th level. By 15th level, a cleric has two 5th level slots and three higher level slots. Not only that, but the Cleric always succeeds! Now, the Naturalist can use it on multiple creatures, so that's one difference, but the Naturalist already has no spellcasting; giving this spell/ability at such a late level seems rather lackluster.

If you gave back spellcasting to the Naturalist, this would be a better fit.

Now, I understand you want the Naturalist to be spell-free, so what if you take some more healing spells and re-skin them as class features?

This is in many ways better then Greater Restoration, which is a spell the ranger normally doesn't get. Even if it was on his spell list, level 15 would be 2 levels sooner then he would get it as a 5th level spell. Plus, it's not limited to spell slots and it doesn't cost 100gp each cast.

I wouldn't mind some improvement to healing, but it has to have an economy to it similar to spell slots. I had considered a pool of points similar to lay on hands, but I didn't want to directly copy that ability.

Some other possible abilities:
- You gain proficiency in the Medicine skill. If you are already proficient in the skill, you gain advantage on checks you make with it.
- When you use a healer’s kit to stabilize a dying creature, that creature also regains 1 hit point.
- On a turn when your action or bonus action is to restore HP or cure a condition on a creature and you do not attack, your speed is doubled, and you do not provoke opportunity attacks as you run to the creature's aid.
- Quick Cover: You have the uncanny ability to use the items around you to create cover around an injured creature, even in an apparently empty room. As an action you can use items immediately around you to give a +2 AC bonus to yourself and a creature you are trying to help. If you do this a second time, the AC bonus increases to +5. The cover you create protects the space(s) occupied by you and the creature and lasts for 1 minute before its structural integrity fails. A creature may use its action to attack and destroy the cover you create.
- You are becoming a world-class physician. You gain the non-magical ability to perform the actions described in several spells. Only other Naturalists of similar level know the secrets to your incredible skill.
-- You gain expertise in Medicine, Nature, and Survival, as well as with the herbalist kit, adding double your proficiency bonus to any ability check you make with them.
-- You gain the following abilities at the specified Ranger level, recharging after 24 hours or after a long rest:
----9th, 14th Level: Greater Restoration
----10th, 15th Level: Heal
----11th, 16th Level: Heroes' Feast
----12th, 17th Level: Resurrection
----13th, 18th Level: Regenerate
----14th, 19th Level: Mass Heal
----15th, 20th Level: True Resurrection

The medicine skill is a great add, and expertise later. Sorry I overlooked that. I'm not sure I can do the other skills, since most of those are all ready granted by the class and/or favored terrain.

Its tough adding abilities without them seeming magical. So I'm hesitant to add straight spells. I know it has a lot of abilities related to healing, but I wanted it to be more resembling general support then just healing. I wish I had added a little more combat support. To that end, I think at level 5, I'm going to add a Hunter's Mark addition:

Hunter's Defense: Allies that can see or hear you have advantage on rolls against the spells and abilities of the creature under the effect of your Hunter's Mark.

ro

First Post
it doesn't cost 100gp each cast.

Ah, good point there, although 100gp wouldn't be too bad anyway at level 15.

I'm not sure I can do the other skills, since most of those are all ready granted by the class and/or favored terrain.

I totally forgot about that part!

Its tough adding abilities without them seeming magical. So I'm hesitant to add straight spells. I know it has a lot of abilities related to healing, but I wanted it to be more resembling general support then just healing. I wish I had added a little more combat support. To that end, I think at level 5, I'm going to add a Hunter's Mark addition:

Hunter's Defense: Allies that can see or hear you have advantage on rolls against the spells and abilities of the creature under the effect of your Hunter's Mark.

That's an interesting ability. Rather bardic. I see where you are going with this, more support than healing in particular.

Last edited:

Thurmas

Explorer
So I gave a bunch of suggestions for the Naturalist. Here's my attempt to merge them into the work you already did. I added a lot, in the attempt to counter balance the lack of spellcasting. It is probably overpowered, but what do you think?

I moved around some features based on other thread posts and suggestions, and added some things. Changes are bolded.

How about:

Naturalist

Herbalist
At 2nd level, you are able to create Healing Poultices. You spend 1 minute bandaging a creature’s wounds. That creature regains a number of hit points equal to one of their hit dice + your ranger level. A creature cannot benefit from this again until it finishes a short or long rest. This has no effect on undead or constructs.

If you are in your favored terrain, you add your proficiency bonus to the amount of hit points restored.

Trap Master (Moved to 2nd level)
Also at 2nd level, you learn to set traps for your enemies. You can spend at least 10 minutes to set one of the following traps. If a trap calls for a DC check or save, the trap DC equals 8 + your proficiency bonus + your wisdom modifier. Traps set in your favored terrain add double your proficiency bonus instead.

A trap can be detected by a successful Wisdom (Perception) skill check vs your Trap DC. A trap can be disarmed with a successful Dexterity (Thieve's Tools) skill check vs your Trap DC.

Once a trap has been sprung, it is rendered useless.

Alarm
Choose a door, a window, or an area within range that is no larger than a 25-foot cube. For the next 24 hours, as long as you or an ally is within sight or sound of the trap, it alerts you when a small or larger creature touches or enters the alarmed area. You choose the nature of the alert, either audible or visual.

Snare
Choose a door, a window, or an area within range that is no larger than a 5-foot cube. For the next 24 hours, when a small or medium creature enters the area, they must make a dexterity or strength (your choice based on the nature of the trap) saving throw or be restrained.

A creature restrained by the trap can use its action to repeat the saving throw against your trap DC. On a success, it frees itself.

Hazard
Choose a door, a window, or an area within range that is no larger than a 5-foot cube. For the next 24 hours, when a small or larger creature touches or enters the trapped area, they must make a dexterity or strength (your choice based on the nature of the trap) saving throw. The creature takes damage of a type appropriate to the trap equal to your Hunter’s Mark damage + your Ranger level on a failed save, or half as much on a successful one.

Poison Knowledge
Also at 2nd level, your knowledge of poisons grants you resistance to poison damage and advantage on saving throws against the poisoned condition.

Extra Attack
Beginning at 5th level, you can attack twice, instead of once, whenever you take the Attack action on your turn.

Improved Herbalist
Also at 5th level. your knowledge of herbs and medicines has improved. You can now create natural cures. You spend 1 minute preparing the appropriate reagents and treating a creature. That creature is cured of any poison afflicting it or one the following conditions: blinded, deafened, paralyzed, or poisoned. A creature can only benefit from Improved Herbalism once every 24 hours. This has no effect on undead or constructs.

Hunter's Warning
Additionally, you and allies that can see or hear you have advantage on saving throws against the spells and abilities of the creature under the effect of your Hunter's Mark./B]

At 7th level, your increased knowledge of poisons grants you immunity to poison damage and the poisoned condition.

Additionally, you gain proficiency in the poisoner’s kit. If you already have proficiency, you double your proficiency bonus.

Improved Trap Master

Your mastery of traps increases. When a creature fails its save and takes damage from your one of your Hazards, you may also have the creature be affected by one of the following conditions for one turn: blinded, deafened, poisoned, or knocked prone.

Additionally, you gain proficiency in Thieve's Tools. If you already have proficiency, you double your proficiency bonus.

Greater Poison Knowledge
At 11th level, your knowledge of poisons has further improved. You may spend a bonus action to coat a weapon or piece of ammunition in poison. The poison stays on the weapon for 1 minute or until you hit a creature before dissipating. A creature hit by an attack with that weapon or ammunition must make a Constitution saving throw or be poisoned for 1 minute. The DC equals 8 + your proficiency bonus + your wisdom modifier.

Master Herbalist
At 15th level, your knowledge as an herbalist and healer knows no bounds. You can cure even the most serious of ailments. By spending 1 hour diagnosing a creature and preparing a cure, you can attempt to remove one level of exhaustion or undo a debilitating effect. Choose one of the following:
  • One effect that charmed or petrified the target
  • Any reduction to one of the target’s ability scores
  • One effect reducing the target’s hit point maximum

Make a Wisdom saving throw against the DC of the effect that caused the condition. On a success, you cure the creature. If the effect had no DC, you succeed automatically.

You may only attempt to cure a creature once every 24 hours. This has no effect on undead or constructs.

Poison Master
Also at 15th level, your skill with poison increases. When a creature hit by your poisoned weapon or piece of ammunition fails its save, it is instead Paralyzed for the first round and poisoned for the remaining minute.

ro

First Post
For Hunter's Warning, you forgot to specify the level.

This is an interesting subclass. It leans heavily toward poison, which is cool. It's probably worth noting that poison is the most frequently resisted damage type. Should there be something to counter that?

Thurmas

Explorer
For Hunter's Warning, you forgot to specify the level.

This is an interesting subclass. It leans heavily toward poison, which is cool. It's probably worth noting that poison is the most frequently resisted damage type. Should there be something to counter that?

Thanks, I'll make that change.

It's not geared toward poison damage though, just the condition. Not sure how the condition measures up in terms of frequency.

ro

First Post
Thanks, I'll make that change.

It's not geared toward poison damage though, just the condition. Not sure how the condition measures up in terms of frequency.

I'm not sure, either, but if memory serves, creatures that are immunity to poison are also immune to the condition. Resistance may be different of course.

What about this ability:

"Deadly Poison
At 13th level, you have developed a unique and deadly poison. The poisons you administer ignore resistance to poison damage and give disadvantage on saving throws against the poisoned condition. Furthermore, creatures that were immune to poison damage or the poisoned condition now are merely resistant to poison damage or have advantage on saving throws against the poisoned condition, respectively."

Thurmas

Explorer
I'm not sure, either, but if memory serves, creatures that are immunity to poison are also immune to the condition. Resistance may be different of course.

What about this ability:

"Deadly Poison
At 13th level, you have developed a unique and deadly poison. The poisons you administer ignore resistance to poison damage and give disadvantage on saving throws against the poisoned condition. Furthermore, creatures that were immune to poison damage or the poisoned condition now are merely resistant to poison damage or have advantage on saving throws against the poisoned condition, respectively."

My hesitation there isn't in the ability, but putting it at level 13. None of the other conclaves have abilities at 13, and I would like to keep things in the same format as the rest of the PHB.

Remove ads