Really looking forward to the new Michael Keaton Batman film coming out next month.

Buster Keaton Youre Welcome GIF by Maudit

oh wrong keaton

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when they made the decisions about what to show in the trailers, because it really does seem like it's primarily a Batman movie at this point, at least in advertising. Is this a post-Gunn or pre-Gunn decision, I wonder?

It makes me profoundly sad that someone thought it was a good idea to keep making a movie with a broken stair, that they decided to do Flashpoint, and then that after I've already decided to skip another DC Dark Universe movie they put Michael Keaton in to tempt me back in.
In general, I've found the DCU's decisions to be fairly inscrutable.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when they made the decisions about what to show in the trailers, because it really does seem like it's primarily a Batman movie at this point, at least in advertising. Is this a post-Gunn or pre-Gunn decision, I wonder?

It's entirely possible that they're going to minimize The Flash's role(s) in the movie. It's also possible that they're just doing so for the trailer, because they know they've got an optics problem with their star.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist

Yeah, as @Ralif Redhammer alluded to, this likely has approximately nothing to do with Gunn, and approximately everything to do with ... whatever ... has been going on with Ezra Miller.

It's definitely something when you're trying to keep the star of your movie as far away from the limelight as possible, but with good reason in this case.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Every justice league movie has been Batman focussed so it looks like this is just following that trend (and hopefully wrapping it up for good)

Every justice league movie has been Batman focussed so it looks like this is just following that trend (and hopefully wrapping it up for good)
There's only been one Justice League movie AFAIK (with two edits) and this is a Flash movie lol.

As for Gunn, I don't believe for a second they didn't run it past him.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
In general, I've found the DCU's decisions to be fairly inscrutable.

It's entirely possible that they're going to minimize The Flash's role(s) in the movie. It's also possible that they're just doing so for the trailer, because they know they've got an optics problem with their star.
I wish they’d just reshoot the damn thing with the CW Flash.

Like yeah the show is way more angst than I want a Flash thing to be, but Grant Gustin is a perfect Barry Allen, and not a creep.

Remove ads