Really really big barely divine star snake?

I kind of want to make a really huge (like dire marcobe sized) star snake( the winged snake from 3.5e). Question first though, if it is not an outsider it cant take divine abilities right? I am asking because i was inspired by atuin the world turtle on d20 which also doesnt have divine abilities. In that case should i give it a deity template or something similar? Cause have only feats seems strange for a star snake the size of an actual star

Obly99

Hero
You are the GM, you can say what you want. If you want you can say that the squirrel that goes around the yard has some Transcendental abilities if you find it useful. If you really want to put guidelines you can give to the snake the entity subtype: Things from the Norse myth!. My Fenrir is a magical beast, my Jormungandr is a dragon but all have Divine Abilities.

I suppose so. On one hand,the marcobe template also makes me cautious though, because if you make the thing too big then give it even an outsider type then suddenly it becomes a time lord(because the the marcobe hd mod is ×1024) but on the other if its only natural it only has access to feats which just feels weird to me so i thought maybe i should get a second opinon

Obly99

Hero
I suppose so. On one hand,the marcobe template also makes me cautious though, because if you make the thing too big then give it even an outsider type then suddenly it becomes a time lord(because the the marcobe hd mod is ×1024) but on the other if its only natural it only has access to feats which just feels weird to me so i thought maybe i should get a second opinon
Can I give you an advice? Blissfully ignore the paragraph:
Paralleled: Unless its divine status is already known assume any intelligent (Int 4+) outsider with between X-Y Hit Dice to effectively have the Z template.
It's useless. Do you want to have a 10,000 HD outsider that has no divine template? Don't give it to him.
Remember: the rules of the manual are not a must that you must respect at all costs, they are a suggestion to make the game flow but if you don't want you can ignore them.

Attachments

• manualrules.png
    manualrules.png
    150.1 KB · Views: 68

I kind of want to make a really huge (like dire marcobe sized) star snake( the winged snake from 3.5e). Question first though, if it is not an outsider it cant take divine abilities right? I am asking because i was inspired by atuin the world turtle on d20 which also doesnt have divine abilities. In that case should i give it a deity template or something similar? Cause have only feats seems strange for a star snake the size of an actual star
A'tuin was made before IH or without knowledge of IH it's pure 3.5

Paralleled: Unless its divine status is already known assume any intelligent (Int 4+) outsider with between X-Y Hit Dice to effectively have the Z template.
It's useless. Do you want to have a 10,000 HD outsider that has no divine template? Don't give it to him.
Remember: the rules of the manual are not a must that you must respect at all costs, they are a suggestion to make the game flow but if you don't want you can ignore them.
You're absolutely right on about that. That paralleled thing makes macrobes stupid. To me. The macrobes in my campaign are just giants, but more like GIANTS. They don't have any special powers, Magic is like little parlor tricks to them generally speaking, and gods are tiny terrifying little fairies to them. Their power comes from sheer hit dice, sheer attack bonus and the massive amount of basic power they can reach just through virtual size categories and bulk. Which generally is far more than most can handle until they hit about intermediate deity level or higher and can just circumvent their pretty straightforward approach.

I'd also chime in that rules are only a suggestion and, unfortunately, IH was released basically in its beta or even late alpha state, so the rules are sometimes a little whackadoo, so if something doesn't feel right or looks off, fix it, or go with your gut. I had to do that with Virtual Size Categories as the damage went up at a J curve and the wheels basically fell off of the game. I had to figure out a solution and I think what I ended up making worked out pretty well

Obly99

Hero
I'd also chime in that rules are only a suggestion and, unfortunately, IH was released basically in its beta or even late alpha state, so the rules are sometimes a little whackadoo, so if something doesn't feel right or looks off, fix it, or go with your gut. I had to do that with Virtual Size Categories as the damage went up at a J curve and the wheels basically fell off of the game. I had to figure out a solution and I think what I ended up making worked out pretty well
I agree, your might system works very well .... as long as you do not put weapons made of materials that multiply the dice of the weapons in it and the wheel does not come out but directly ascends towards the planetary orbit, just see my Kronos. She cuts a First One or a Demiurge in two with one blow. And she is an Elder One. That's putting me in enough trouble to balance, how can we fix it?

I agree, your might system works very well .... as long as you do not put weapons made of materials that multiply the dice of the weapons in it and the wheel does not come out but directly ascends towards the planetary orbit, just see my Kronos. She cuts a First One or a Demiurge in two with one blow. And she is an Elder One. That's putting me in enough trouble to balance, how can we fix it?
I actually allow that as otherwise the materials are meaningless. And if you're a pure unga bunga strength build, it's kind of your shtick. I don't however allow like Neutronium Body and Neutronium weapons to stack however and normalized the weapon damage increase to be less insane.

Ultimately, dealing basic hp damage isn't enough to stop a Transcendental threat or even a sidereal level threat for long at all. A round maybe. Repeat spell Contingent Res or even basic regeneration makes trying to kill someone with pure damage pretty moot

Remove ads