• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Realmsian Dragonstar: The Battle of Toril PbP Game [OOC] (Game Cancelled)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The most expensive thing on my inventory. It almost as much as the suit and dos me no good it fixes a you being dead give or take a few fort saves and I get there quick enough other medical stuff mean this armor is more for you than me I am happy at 2,500 ft. A sniper doesn't need umber armor. The MEDIC needs the armor not die wile trying to keep you from doing so.
As far as I can tell, these are the important details about the hardsuit:
  • Includes the capabilities of an Aimpoint Sight, Digital Binoculars (SFH, p. 107), an Electronic Mapbox (SFH, p. 109), and a Personal Communicator (SFH, p. 107).
  • Camouflage and Sonic Masking: Equivalent to an Intrusion Suit (SFH, p. 111), but the hardsuit's masking is versus Sonic detection (DsIR) not Thermal. (Altered to reflect change of IR to DsIR for this game.)
  • Allows for integral weaponry which can be linked to the suits fire control system. The suit has attachment points and integrated controls for the standard Marine Jump Pack.
  • The suit provides a +4 upgrade bonus to Strength, with a minimum Strength of 16 for the Small-sized hardsuit and 18 for the Medium-sized hardsuit. (This seems to be something you might have missed or misinterpreted, as Davik's normal Str is 16. But, he has it now, so I'm not going to worry about it too much. I'm simply going to change it to be Strength 14 for the Small-sized suit and Strength 16 for the Medium-sized suit, instead of forcing you to rework the character.)
  • It gives a +4 circumstance bonus on Hide checks (as per an Intrusion Suit) and a +8 circumstance bonus on Climb checks. It does not suffer any armor penalty to Balance, Climb, Freefall, Hide, Jump and Move Silently checks.
  • The suit counts as Medium Armor for movement purposes. (I noticed that you added the dampsuit to the armor as an an integrated upgrade. Note that for the dampsuit [Imperial Supply, p. 34], it can only be worn over Light armor [Dragonstar FAQ PDF, p. 5] so it cannot be integrated into your hardsuit. This is the one thing you're going to have to change, but what I'll do is let you pick different equipment equal to the 1,750 cr. to replace it with since there was no way for you to know that it can only be applied to Light armor without access to the FAQ document before you created your PC. We'll figure it out after Davik's fight is over with the Z-Men.)
  • The operator has a base speed of 40 feet and gains a climbing movement speed of 20 feet.
  • The suit has a hardness of 5, and this protection is applied to the operator.
  • The suit provides sealed capabilities and can function self-contained for 48 hours. The suit itself has an endurance of 72 hours and is powered by a heavy energy cell. (This means that while Davik is sealed inside the suit, he is immune to gas-based attacks and spells. However, if the gas is corrosive, his hardsuit will take damage instead of him. This doesn't make him immune to gaze attacks or spells, however.)
  • The clawed hands and feet can be used as weapons (damage Sm. 1d4/ Med. 1d6, 19-20/x2 crit). The gauntlets, boots and other parts of the suit can strike for the same amount of nonlethal damage (20/x2 crit, bludgeoning), but these attacks count as unarmed. (Okay, so Davik can also kick with the clawed feet instead of hitting with the claws.)
There are many in-game layers to how your PC's hardsuit works that I didn't realize after you had chosen it for Davik. Of course, I wouldn't have vetoed it since it comes from the Hastur Dragonstar wiki page. That page is pretty much canon for an Arcanum of the Stars game.

I'm in the process of updating your character sheet for Davik to make it as bulletproof as possible (and to make sure neither one of us has missed anything important). Once I'm satisfied with it, I'll post it in the Rogues Gallery thread as a PDF file.

Last edited:

epogue

First Post
Upgrads 9th down Medical Diagnostic Gauntlet integrated in left gauntlet, 18,000cr. 3 lb

Dragonstar bookofgear pg 5 written by Dragonstar universe of Fantasy Flight Games
Dragonstar cannon

Sense you may not have the material

functions similarly to clerical spells only much less reliably.

The Medical Diagnostic Gauntlet, first off may only, be used by skilled individuals. (i.e those
with at least 4 ranks in Heal. Providing they meet this criteria the gauntlet provides a +5
competence bonus to all heal rolls. In addition if a poison or disease is identified it will also
inform the medic what it is, what causes it and the likely symptoms, onset time and so forth,
in addition to providing information on treatment.
Additionally if the medic can reach someone within 3 rounds of them dying the gauntlet is
able to produce an electrical charge to defibrillate them, the dying person makes a Fortitude
save Dc 18+1 per point of damage below –10, if successful the person is allowed to make a
stabilization check every round to prevent from passing away again. This buys the medic a
little time to raise their hit points. To a safe non life threatening level. If a stabilization roll is
failed during this time the person dies once more. Of course the medic can attempt to
defibrillate them again but the gauntlet only has enough power for 3 charges in this way.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Upgrads 9th down Medical Diagnostic Gauntlet integrated in left gauntlet, 18,000cr. 3 lb

Dragonstar bookofgear pg 5 written by Dragonstar universe of Fantasy Flight Games
Dragonstar cannon

<Since> you may not have the material

<snip>
Ah, I was wondering where that +5 came in your skills for Heal. Thank you.

FYI, some of your skill calculations are a bit off. Most notably your ranks listed for Demolitions (14) and Search (15). Max. # of class skill ranks for a 10th-level character is 13. That is unless the extra 1 for Demolitions and extra 2 for Search is from something else?

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Revised Attack Rolls: First burst > 21 (hit), 18 (hit), 15 (hit); Second Burst > 17 (hit), 14 (hit), 11 (miss); Third Burst > 18 (hit), 15 (hit), 12 (miss).

Revised Damage
First burst > 13, 7, [roll0]; Second burst > 15, [roll1], miss; Third burst > 16, [roll2], miss.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
All three of the Z-Men that charged Davik are destroyed. :D

EDIT: He is still surrounded by the 6 other Z-men, but he isn't blocked from retreating or seeking higher ground. He would take 2 AoO from 2 different zombies if he does this.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Jangala hardsuit: the template for the M14

The mechanical hands are still nimble
enough to allow for normal use of weaponry, however.
THE SERVOS OF A JANGALA GIVE AN EFFECTIVE STRENGTH 18
What point am I not understanding

Imperial supply pg 72
READ the M14 Marine Hardsuit description on the Hastur wiki again. It SPECIFICALLY says that there is a minimum Strength requirement for that item, and YOU are the one who chose to pick it, not me. Note that I've already said that it doesn't matter in a previous post. I am going to lower the requirements to Strength 14 for a Small-sized hardsuit and Strength 16 for a Medium-sized hardsuit, so you don't have to change anything.

Show me in <canon> any power armor Hardsuit with a minimum requirement.
Again, I did not force you to choose that hardsuit and I didn't create it. That wiki is not my web site. The site's creator made that choice not me. And, at this point, we are getting into another "OO" situation. :mad:

I do NOT have to show you anything. You made the choice and missed the requirements. I didn't notice it either until I started to fix some of the errors and inconsistencies on your character sheet. And, as I've stated, you don't have to worry about it.

Remove ads