Pathfinder 1E RECALL - TIDERULER OF MARAN

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I can see the map, I made a suggestion, but waited for the clarification. I'll make something later tonight for discussion

Neurotic

[MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION], [MENTION=6855545]Archon Basileus[/MENTION] :
I would make a barricade in O22 that would house the archers and one unit of infantry (defense)
Cavalry would lay with the horses hidden for the moment two squares west in M22 (200 yards shouldn't too much for the cavalry to cross and it makes them hard to see)
5 units of infantry could be 'the bait' lined up in N21 as if waiting for frontal assault, but with hidden 'trip trench' in front of them. The remaining unit should be equally hidden, but so that they can strike from behind (maybe in the chasm at P22) - if that last one is too hard to set up, than leave them with the archers in case of back-attack or as reinforcements to wherever they are most needed (reserve)

Marius would go to 'pull the forces' - maybe cause parts of the group to run in front of the main group in small enough units that Morgrym, Arvana and Marius can handle them. Assuming Morgrym can outrun the group of lizards. This part I'd do like this: Marius goes up front and appears only long enough to shoot something or even just to taunt them. He runs back (similar to the scene with the snake man), Arvana shoots the lead runner (sneak attack) and then joins Marius in running. Finally, they hit Morgryms hiding place. He shoots another one and runs back onto the palisade where he leads the archers and waits for the arrival of the snake or two.

Not my job, but you could do the same thing behind the rift in that raised region NE from the camp and have better position without the possibility to be flanked. And its closer so presumably more time to setup (but of course you're boxing yourself in.

Maybe that would be good fallback position.

But still, even with making an ambush in the open, right side seems closer. If the squares were 100 feet, upper part might make more sense due to closeness of the rifts...but there is no way to block 500 yards with less then 200 soldiers.

Neurotic

Try #2: Y32 for archers. Cavalry hidden in W32 with footman defending the higher ground until problems can be solved by cavalry :)
Still no word from Kahless? I vote we move on on Monday.

I added new sheet for more detailed view (if the barricade is too long, adjust as needed to create easily defensible choke point for several rounds until cavalry arrives to hit the snakes from behind.

Depending on the terrain they might even come down from above to create havoc and then retreat back while infantry closes behind them.

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Now that I can see the map:

Why don't we set up infantry and barricades up around O20 and try and block that gap between the two chasms. We post our archer units up on the high ground around S26 where they can rain arrows on the approaching snakes. Maybe stage the cavalry or an infantry unit near the archers in case the snakes try heading south of the chasm (via W29) or to sweep around that side and flank the snakes if they go through the middle at our infantry.

But then I'm not really a tactitian LOL

Neurotic

Now that I can see the map:

Why don't we set up infantry and barricades up around O20 and try and block that gap between the two chasms. We post our archer units up on the high ground around S26 where they can rain arrows on the approaching snakes. Maybe stage the cavalry or an infantry unit near the archers in case the snakes try heading south of the chasm (via W29) or to sweep around that side and flank the snakes if they go through the middle at our infantry.

But then I'm not really a tactitian LOL

Because that gap is 500 meters wide. And we don't have 5000 soldiers. I'm only chair tacticians with various strategy games and D&D table under the belt. :)

Remove ads