• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Recommend me some good political adventures

Infernal Teddy said:
I can recommend this sorcebook: Dynasties & Demagogues (Atlas Games, product link: http://www.atlas-games.com/product_tables/AG3220.php)

Seconded. I love that book. Chocked full of well-thought out & well-written ideas.

Also, check out OD&D Test of the Warlords in the Companion (CM) series of adventures. Test of the Warlords is the best in so far as it lays out a year-long campaign based around running a newly established kingdom. It was as much a sourcebook for rulership as an adventure, and a good one to boot. Better than Earthshaker in this regard. The two modules are likely the best of the CM series, however.

Birthright is a great suggestion, though many of the rules are a little over-wrought compared with the streamlined rules found in Rules Cyclopedia or the boxed sets.

I'd buy Dynasties and Demigods, and download the other two as they can be a bit pricey.

Oh yeah, I've also heard Bluffside has some good political adventures. The Enemy Within campaign has a lot of political intrigue going for it, but less so if you're already ruler. Ptolus also has a ton of political/detective adventures and hooks.

Last edited:

Thomas Percy

First Post
BIRTHRIGHT of course,
and shamelessly
our (The Forge Studios) Strongholds series (there are two pdfs now: "Manor" and "Barony"), which are (among others) 3,5 upgrade of BIRTHRIGHT, but writen from the perspective of single knight and single baron. You can find there 60 adventure ideas, many of them political.
If you are interested, follow the link in my signature, please.

Yair

Community Supporter
In the spirit of recommending political adventures per se, Atlas Game's Splintered Peace is one - centered around racial tensions. I read it, but haven't run it - I found it was pretty specific for the city it takes place in, although I suspect it can be fitted to many other cities with a stretch. I suspect it's pretty good. Don't think it would really fit as an adventure for a new lord, though.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads