• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Recommend us some Wii games.

Scotley

Hero
We got a Wii for Christmas and we've enjoyed sport, play and sonic/mario olympics. We've had fun playing with the kids. However, my wife and I had hoped to find some good two player cooperative adventure games. Ones where you can play working together using two characters at the same time. We enjoyed the Pirates of the Carb., but the lack of a two player option was frustrating. The best thing we've found so far for our needs was Kung Fu Panda. Isn't there something more adult out there?

DMFTodd

DM's Familiar
Adult for the Wii? Not really. The Wii is about kid fun.

The various Lego games (Batman, Star Wars, Indiana Jones) are all fun, entertaining and two player though not particularly challenging.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance is another fun one in coop mode, especially good with 4 players.

We're spending lots and lots of time with Mario Karts racing head to head, again good with even four people (though mom & dad have to sit close to the TV when it is split in 4 screens).

AJCarrington

Explorer
We got a Wii for the family this past Christmas as well. Mario Kart is a LOAD of fun; currently, we're enjoying LEGO Batman, which 2 people can play at the same time. Kids are also loving Cooking Mama, Animal Crossing (my wife loves this one too) and Wii Fit (we all like this).

As a previous post mentioned, the Wii is definitely geared more towards the kids, but I must admit a certain amount of guilty pleasure playing Mario Kart and LEGO...:angel:

AJC

Felon

First Post
I'd say try Rock Band. It's not an adventure game, but it lets a couple of adults relive some nostalgic experiences and childhood fantasies through the power of cooperative music.

Mercule

Adventurer
Marvel Ultimate Alliance is another fun one in coop mode, especially good with 4 players.
I don't know about the Wii port, but I played this one on the PS2. I think it's the only game I bought at full release price (normally, I wait untill they're in the $20 bin) and I don't regret it. Awesome game.

fba827

Adventurer
I don't know about the Wii port, but I played this one on the PS2. I think it's the only game I bought at full release price (normally, I wait untill they're in the $20 bin) and I don't regret it. Awesome game.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 is coming out in a month and half (i think).

But, yeah, when it comes to multiplayer the only two I can think of off (thaqt I enjoy) are

Mario Kart Wii (mostly racing against one another, though there is a coop team mode)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance (coop, up to 4 people ... lots of hack-and-slash but still good simple fun)

Pbartender

First Post
The various Lego games (Batman, Star Wars, Indiana Jones) are all fun, entertaining and two player though not particularly challenging.

I'll second that. Our entire family has been enjoying LEGO Batman and LEGO Star Wars.

Make sure to get the "Complete Saga" if you pick up LEGO Star Wars... It has all six episodes, plus some new features and bonuses that the original two games didn't have (like a 2-player fight arena for head-to-head challenges). the game is not difficult to complete, but there are hours upon hours of playtime if you're into collecting unlockables, or hunting out all the little easter eggs and secret spots in each level. Many of the unlockables and secret areas are easier to achieve with a certain amount of two-player cooperation.

Woas

First Post
Hey you know whats a really fun game for the Wii that doesn't get much press, a game called Boom Blox. Loads of fun (for kids an adults)! EA : BOOMBLOX : Language Select Page

How about Mario Galaxy? Although it didn't really live up to the hype it is still a fun game in it's own right.

If you are into a more action/vs type game you can play with the kids then what about Smash Bros. Brawl or Mario Kart? Both can handle up to 4 players, and are literally metric-butt loads of fun.

Scotley

Hero
Thanks for the great recommendations. I almost rented Lego Batman last week, but choose Brain Age which is great fun. The Lego games are now on my list to try. I'll definitely check out Mario Kart racing as well. I haven't seen Marvel Alliance, but that sounds like a winner. My daughter is definitely excited about rock band, so I'm sure we'll get that eventually. Mario Galaxy looked good as well. I used to enjoy Rampage on the N64 so maybe my 4 year old and I will give that one a shot.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads