• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Recommend us some Wii games.

yrina35yankop

First Post
One thing you need to remember when you have a WII console or any other Nintendo console. You can never go wrong when Mario is mentioned in the name of the game. Mario Kart is one of the big hits of the moment and is definitely on its way to become yet another Mario classic. The WII fit is already counted among the latest Nintendo classics. It is available at every store that sells WII games and this game is popular with all age groups. Music lovers enjoy Guitar Hero and Rock Band and are definitely nominating these games as best games of the century.

used wii games
buy wii games

Scotley

Hero
Wow, had forgotten about this thread, planning to rent something for my little one this weekend as he has a cold. Mario Cart is a likely candidate. Might also try Rampage. Had great fun with that one back in the N64 days with the older kids.

Finally got Boomblox and played the heck out of it for months. The Boomblox party we rented wasn't as much fun, but not bad. Family game night was okay, but a little too hard for 5 year old. He likes Pet Rescue though.

We got Resident Evil, Umbrella Chronicles and the wife and I enjoyed it greatly, though we burned through the two player stuff pretty fast. Would like to find more like that.

Last edited:

TwinBahamut

First Post
If you like the shooting genre at all, I would recommend Sin and Punishment: Star Successor. It is probably my favorite entry in that genre since Star Fox 64, and unlike that great game it even has a fun co-op mode. It makes me wonder what a co-op enabled Star Fox game from Treasure would be like...

Scotley

Hero
I'll look for Sin and Punishment: Star Successor, the review I found makes it sound pretty good, but suggests that it is not a true co-op. Had great fun with Rampage: Total Destruction over the weekend. One of the few games my five-almost-six-year-old and I have been able to play together and both enjoy. Don't know if that says more about him or me. :D

Welverin

First Post
Treasure made Ikaruga for the Gamecube (for which the Wii is fully backwards compatible), it's and old school vertical shooter that is a true two player game with some unique and interesting mechanics.. While not the same as S&P, if you can handle the difficulty of that, you may want to give Ikaruga a go.

Brandigan

Explorer
New Super Mario Bros for the Wii has been a blast with multi-player. My wife isn't a gamer and never played any Mario games but loves this. Wii resort is great too!

AJCarrington

Explorer
Wii Resort and Wii Fit/Plus are currently the top favorites in the house. Back in June, the Harry Potter LEGO game was quite the hit, but has lost some of its luster.

AJC

Scotley

Hero
My wife and I have been enjoying House of the Dead - we got the collector's edition with the two gun shells.

D

Gotta check that one out. I used to love the old coin op version back in my arcade days. Not likely to be appropriate for the little one though.

Remove ads