• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Record Your Ptolus Pre-Orders Here!

reveal

Adventurer
Am I the only one who thinks it's weird/sad/strange for a gaming book to be so expensive, people have to buy it on a payment plan? :confused:

General Lopez

Explorer
what time did you preorder

I wonder what number i will get . I thought they were going to be numbered in the order of preorders. I preordered thursday at 1:00 central time. I wonder how many they had preorded at gencon.

fiddy

First Post
After waiting for the order site to start working this morning I got mine pre-ordered. The sheer number of 'extras' sold me.

mcrow

Explorer
reveal said:
Am I the only one who thinks it's weird/sad/strange for a gaming book to be so expensive, people have to buy it on a payment plan? :confused:

I don't think that is sad/weird/strange at all. I think it would be sad if the average price for RPGs was $120. Being that Ptolus is being published as a premium product the price does not seem to out of line. As I have said in other threads:

The main book will be 600-700 pages of full color, great art, 50 pages of maps, many handouts , and high end production values.

You get a 96 page adveture.

32 page players guide (actually preorder people get 5 copies of this)

A CD with a ton of content.

Access to a special Ptolus website.

all in all you are getting nearly 900 pages of content in print. I would think of buying such a thing as taking a gamble, but since Monte is publishing it I don't feel it is a gamble. I have never been let down by any of his other products and doubt I will be with Ptolus.

reveal

Adventurer
mcrow said:
I don't think that is sad/weird/strange at all. I think it would be sad if the average price for RPGs was $120. Being that Ptolus is being published as a premium product the price does not seem to out of line. As I have said in other threads:

The main book will be 600-700 pages of full color, great art, 50 pages of maps, many handouts , and high end production values.

You get a 96 page adveture.

32 page players guide (actually preorder people get 5 copies of this)

A CD with a ton of content.

Access to a special Ptolus website.

all in all you are getting nearly 900 pages of content in print. I would think of buying such a thing as taking a gamble, but since Monte is publishing it I don't feel it is a gamble. I have never been let down by any of his other products and doubt I will be with Ptolus.

I have no problem with it being as much as it is. But the words "payment plan" and "gaming book" just seem odd together.

The other question is, is White Wolf the exclusive retailer of Ptolus? Will it be on Amazon or some other online retailers? If so, it's gonna be a lot cheaper.

Remove ads