Recruiting: DT's Sword and Sorcery Campaign (BECMI/Wilderlands)

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Deuce, you said we would all start off knowing each other, right?

If anyone wants to know my character from where she works, let me know and we can try to work something out.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Sounds good to me.

I like the idea of my character's tribe having conflict with the orcs. Increased conflict with them could have been why I went to the City-State. Perhaps seeking military assistance, only to be laughed at as a backwoods savage. A dishonest merchant or two taking advantage of me, and suddenly I've got debts, an indentured servant status, or who knows what keeping me in the City-State.

I think I have just the threatened village for you. How does a sadist of a cleric (worshipper of a death god) leading a rough band of orcs and humans and trying to take over your old settlement sound to you?

The town is called Hlymadle, is roughly 100 miles away from the City-State and therefore out of the Overlord's protection, and is populated by druid-respecting frontiersmen that worship nature deities.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Deuce, you said we would all start off knowing each other, right?

If anyone wants to know my character from where she works, let me know and we can try to work something out.

I wanted to say that although all of the PCs come from different backgrounds and usually don't trust strangers, for some reason all of you clicked. You trust one another, have supported one another, pushed one another, and drink at the same bar together often. The party is a family, which is why when an adventure beckons at the start of the game all of you decide on your course together.

garyh

First Post
I think I have just the threatened village for you. How does a sadist of a cleric (worshipper of a death god) leading a rough band of orcs and humans and trying to take over your old settlement sound to you?

The town is called Hlymadle, is roughly 100 miles away from the City-State and therefore out of the Overlord's protection, and is populated by druid-respecting frontiersmen that worship nature deities.

Perfect! I'll work that into my background.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
I wanted to say that although all of the PCs come from different backgrounds and usually don't trust strangers, for some reason all of you clicked. You trust one another, have supported one another, pushed one another, and drink at the same bar together often. The party is a family, which is why when an adventure beckons at the start of the game all of you decide on your course together.

Would it be okay if Fenris's character knew everyone and brought my character with him to meet them before the adventure? I picture her being fairly busy with work and not sure she would be let out to play too often.

If that doesn't work though I'll come up with something else.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Perfect! I'll work that into my background.

The evil cleric's name is Burlak and he worships the death god, Haramakhis. He has an orc and fellow worshipper that helps him named Dolan. When they first appeared near the village they had around one hundred men and orcs under their control, and it is rumored that some of your fellow villagers were in secret alliance with this force.

There are some mines near the village, and so your people did some considerable trade in zinc while farming and hunting for themselves. The population of the settlement was just over one thousand men, women, and children when you were tasked to go and seek aid. That was nearly a year ago... Shorty after your arrival at the City-State all word of your village ceased and you heard that it had fallen to Burlak's forces. Going back would likely be suicide since the traitors would turn on you on sight.

Hlymadle is outside the help of the Overlord as his forces do not extend so far. It is said he wishes to regain control, but has few means at his disposal.

Feel free to use or adjust any of these details.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Would it be okay if Fenris's character knew everyone and brought my character with him to meet them before the adventure? I picture her being fairly busy with work and not sure she would be let out to play too often.

If that doesn't work though I'll come up with something else.

That works just as well. I just need an easy way to band the team together.

Remove ads