Recruiting for Adventure in the Vastermarch

SlagMortar

First Post
"I make use of the Power of the Mind. Although sometimes that seems like magic."
"Well, either way, I'll be interested to see it in action. I've got a bit of power of my own, when the need arises, though I'm not entirely certain where it comes from," Beamer finishes sheepishly.

OOC: I'm assuming this means stops talking, not stops the cart as that would elicit very different response from Beamer.
Reinert stops suddenly and glances around.
Beamer tries to think of something to change the topic.
"So, I've never been up this way before. Are there any places we should stop and see on our way, or places we should avoid?"

Manzanita

First Post
SlagMortar said:
OOC: I'm assuming this means stops talking, not stops the cart as that would elicit very different response from Beamer.

Beamer tries to think of something to change the topic.
"So, I've never been up this way before. Are there any places we should stop and see on our way, or places we should avoid?"

Reinert, indeed, has kept the wagon rolling. "Not much to see around here. Got to avoid skunks though. Those things are everywhere. Not even orcs can scare them off. Not that there are any orcs in these parts."

It is now late November, and the days are short. Reinert keeps the horses trotting several hours past dark. He says he wants to make it to the 'Gypsy Inn' before stopping. Numerous times, he says that the group is almost there. Finally they do arrive.

The gypsy inn is a small boarding house catoring to travelers and those who work in the forest to the East. It is a simply place: a common room with hammocks, a stable, a well, an outhouse, and a kitchen/dining room, all surrounded by a wooden Palisade. It is run by a family of humans. Torches burn on the wall above the closed gate.

Reinert drives right up to the gate and shouts up. "Hey Tom! It's me, Reinert. Let me in! It's cold out here!"

A figure above can be seen to wave down, and soon the wooden gates creak open.

"I reckon you lot ought to spend the night here too. It's a good bit better than sleeping in the open. Reasonable rates. Good food. I been here many times. In the morning I'll be heading East into the forest. You can find another ride North, or walk. You ain't going to the forest after all, are you?" he gives the halflings a suspicious glance.

Patlin

Explorer
"Can't think of anything that'd bring me into the forest offhand."

Banion will indeed stay the night and travel on in the morning.

El Jefe

First Post
Boog had been working with his pebble during the ride to the palisaded inn with no success. This wasn't the sort of adventure he craved, perhaps the halflings were wrong about being magnets for trouble.

But he had planned to work his way north before he'd gone to work for that once-cursed human who needed someone to clear out a houseful of zombies. The side trip with Juliana, and later Rowen, was, after all, a diversion. The young Elan took a space in the common room for the night, sharing a meal with the two haflings.

SlagMortar

First Post
"Thank you for your ride and good luck in the rest of your journey." Beamer takes his meal with the others, keeping an eye out for anyone who might be traveling farther north.

Manzanita

First Post
It gets dark early this time of year, 4:43 pm today, to be exact. The waxing crescent moon has been up for some time now. It is now about 7. The guard, Tom, informs you that you've missed dinner. He's a friendly young man, though, and seems fond of Reinert.

"Tell you what. You get yourself settled into the bunkhouse, and I'll bring you some food. Won't be hot, but it should fill your belly. You can pay in the morning before you leave. We offer dinner, acomfy hammock, and stabling for your horse for 2 gps. Can't beat that deal in these parts. I'm sure Reinert here has already told you that."

Tom's brother, Bill, helps you check your horses into the stable, and then leads you into the common room. Here, numerous hammocks hang between thick wooden pillars. An iron stove in the middle lets off enough heat to make promise a reasonably comfortable night. To your surprise, all you you see people you know in the common room.

There are 4 people sitting around a table near the stove. One is a heavily armored human woman with red hair whom Boog recognizes as Juliana. Next to her sits a man with close cropped auburn hair, whom Boog recognizes as Eusebius.

Across the table from them sit two men, a slender brown haired young man, and a dark middle aged human missing his left ear and eye, and having a scar on his left cheek. The halflings immediately recognize the slender man as one of the mounted riders who was accompanying the unmarked military caravan heading for Braeholl.

At this point, I'm closing this thread to further IC activity. Please continue to post in the main thread here.

Last edited:

Remove ads