Recruiting for Adventure in the Vastermarch

El Jefe

First Post
SlagMortar said:
"Did you say rematch with a weretiger? All by your self? Were you alone in the first match? And just what abilities are you trying to unlock?"
Boog nodded. "Yes, we killed the last one. I think I could have taken it by myself, but it wouldn't attack me. It would have been foolish to let it kill my companions just so that I could try, so I locked it's brain and they killed it instead." He shrugged. "Or maybe it would have gotten in a few lucky swipes with its paws and killed me instead. It doesn't matter now, it's dead. Um, and I've been trying to let a pebble fall through my hand." He held up his right hand, showing an ugly, oozing wound on his right palm. "It keeps getting stuck, though, and I have to pull it out. At least it doesn't get stuck halfway through, that would really hurt. I need something to unlock what's hiding in my mind, that would give me the power to do this."

He turned to Banion. "Were you serious about the bad luck? If it really was the kind of bad luck that brings monsters, that might work."

The psion thought for a moment. "Let's go. I can walk. If anything attacks us, I'll help you kill it."

Manzanita

First Post
I'm going to bump you along and assume that Boog takes the rider North with Reinert the dwarf as well. Anyone want to chat with him; he's a talkative sort.

"So what you lot doing up in Braeholl?" Reinert asks. 'Ya needing to be buying an magic weapons?"

Patlin

Explorer
In response to Boog, Banion responds:

"Yeah... the sort of bad luck that attracts monsters. That's me all over. Most so far seem to walk on two legs, but you never know. So you said you locked down the weretigers mind? My abilities are sort of mental as well, though you may have a better understanding of yours than I do of mine. I've got a trick I do, but it's only the one trick."

And later, when Reinert asks about magic weapons.

"Not really in the market for weapons. I'm sort of a magic weapon all by myself."

Manzanita

First Post
Patlin said:
And later, when Reinert asks about magic weapons.

"Not really in the market for weapons. I'm sort of a magic weapon all by myself."

"Oh." Reinert gives the halfing a sideways glance as he steers the horse. "Well. My friend in the woods makes a mean magic weapon. Can work with metals no one else can. Doesn't live alone in the woods for nothing, he don't. And couldn't do that without Reinert of Ken to bring him what he needs every month."

Patlin

Explorer
"What's your friends name? I know a lot of folks that'd be interested... but not any of us here. This is the blade I use...."

Banion manifests his mindblade, which surges with power.

"Carefull, it's very sharp. Much like a small sword, but with a small sword if you do this..."

He hurls his mindblade at a nearby rock. Banion showing off (1d20+12=21)

"You have to go and fetch it, whearas I can just manifest it again."

And a new mindblade appears in his hand.

El Jefe

First Post
Patlin said:
"You have to go and fetch it, whearas I can just manifest it again."
"A Soulknife", Boog thought, "Very nice. Very...flashy."

Boog had known some other Soulknives in his Group, back when he had been made. But he hadn't met any others since then. And this was a halfling, born, not made. Interesting.

He wondered what the halfling would think of his Powers when he manifested them.

Manzanita

First Post
Patlin said:
"What's your friends name? I know a lot of folks that'd be interested... but not any of us here. This is the blade I use...."

Reinert's eyebrows raise at Banion's display. He takes his pipe from his mouth for the first time since you met him.

"Well, well, weirder people moving into the neighborhood all the time." he mutters. "And you'd like to know the name of my friend. Sure you would. Try to take my route maybe, too? Make a quick buck off the red stones? Sell Trimble's weapons & take a cut yourse-"

Reinert stops suddenly and glances around. "I didn't say nothin'." He busies himself with refilling his pipe, which he somehow manages to do while still holding the reins to his horses.

SlagMortar

First Post
To Boog earlier: "Brain locked, huh? Are you a wizard or something?"

Beamer is slightly perturbed with Banion's open display, but shakes it off. Perhaps he's just being paranoid. "I wish I had the money for magic weapons. I saw one once in a shop, but it cost a fortune. Of course, a better investment would be a fast horse and a couple of hunting dogs."

Try to take my route maybe, too?
"Certainly not! We might be able to steer some business your way is all. It always helps to sell goods from a renowned manufacturer and you can't very well become renowned if no one knows your name."

OOC: Kudos to Manzanita for incorporating Trimble! :)

El Jefe

First Post
SlagMortar said:
"Brain locked, huh? Are you a wizard or something?"
Boog shook his head. "No", he replied. He tapped the side of his head with his index finger. "I make use of the Power of the Mind. Although sometimes that seems like magic."

Patlin

Explorer
"It's a subtle distinction, really. My trick is through mental energy, rather than magic, and Beamer's seen it a thousand times. People say priestly magic is different than mage magic, too, but unless you study that sort of thing, who cares? Raining fire down from the sky is much the same to the guy on the business end however you do it."

Remove ads