Recruiting for Adventure in the Vastermarch

Patlin

Explorer
Listen Check (1d20+9=13)

Banion really needs to start paying more attention... he's also really, really tired of being thought little of because of his size. This is the same problem he had with those stupid guards!

"And as for me, don't be fooled by my height. I'm tougher than your two best men together, and I'd be happy to demonstrate if you're not afraid of having them bruised."

Manzanita

First Post
The slender man pulls up his horse and looks around for the source of the voice. The knight turns his charger and trots back. "Come on." He says to the other man. And the whole convoy continues down the road. The knight gives the halflings one last look, but says nothing to them.

Erekose13

Explorer
(ooc: feel free to tag both threads with my name if that works for you Manz. I'm following them both if you need anything, though it looks like you've got two psionics experts onboard already :))

El Jefe

First Post
Erekose13 said:
(ooc: ...I'm following them both if you need anything, though it looks like you've got two psionics experts onboard already :))
OoC: Oh, yeah, I've played one psion to 5th level and now I'm an expert. :lol:

Patlin

Explorer
El Jefe said:
OoC: Oh, yeah, I've played one psion to 5th level and now I'm an expert. :lol:

:lol: If you don't want the title, you can always assume he meant Bront and I ;)

Just 'caise all the NPCs assume Banion doesn't know what he's doing doesn't mean I don't know what I'm doing.

SlagMortar

First Post
Frustrated at the lack of response, Beamer fights down the urge to create a glitterdust explosion on the frustrating man's head. Instead he just notes both men's faces and lets his Message spell dissipate. Turning to Banion he whispers, "Did you see all the weapons those folks were packing? It may be dangerous up there, but I bet it keeps our enemies away as well. It looks like we aren't going to find a caravan going all the way to Braeholl. Let's try to find one going at least part of the way."

Manzanita

First Post
Erekose - this thread should end very soon & the other has such a long name. I figured I'd go w/o naming the judge in this case. I don't think anyone will forget.

The halflings return and shop around some more. Eventually they settle on traveling with a single dwarven merchant. He's not particularly talkative, but he has room on his wagon & doesn't talk down to the halflings. He offers to bring them as far Havertown.

"I've got some bidness in the forest. I'll be turning off there." says the dwarf, who seems able to speak with a long pipe protruding from his mouth. "There's allways a profit for the small operator if'n you know where to find it." He carries a varied cargo of wine, fine foods, and numerous odd bottles and tubes. "Its alchemical gear, and stuff fer the teeth. Got myself an unusual customer, who's willing to pay top gold for the right stuff."

The dwarf introduces himself as Reinert.

Havertown is the southern of the two main towns on the map of Vastermarch.

I don't know if Boog is going to make it here. If not, Eusebius & Juliana are coming for him.

El Jefe

First Post
Manzanita said:
I don't know if Boog is going to make it here. If not, Eusebius & Juliana are coming for him.
OoC: What would be in-character here is for Boog to Read Thoughts on Banion and Beamer. But since that smacks of PvP, I wanted to bring it up here and get everyone's blessing before doing it in-game. If it's a no-go, I don't have a problem with Boog waiting for Eusebius and Juliana, and bumping into those two "special" halflings sometime later.

SlagMortar

First Post
OOC: I'm fine with Boog reading Beamer's thoughts, though Beamer is at the peak of paranoia so if it goes badly, it could turn out poorly.

Remove ads