Recruiting for Adventure in the Vastermarch

Patlin

Explorer
Banion might very well become fairly hostile if he was aware his thoughts were being read, but probably not to the point of violence. It might interfere with forming a group.

I am, however, willing to have Banion miss his saving throw for plot reasons... this way El Jefe can play Boog consistently and we still don't get off on the wrong foot.

Banion's thoughts at the moment involve counting to 10, stupidity not being a good enough reason to stab people, and going totally Belkar on the next guy who mentions his height or lack thereof.

Last edited:

El Jefe

First Post
OoC: Ok, then...

IC: Boog's curiosity once more got the better of him, and he tried to take advantage of all the distraction to once again manifest a power without being detected. He swept his mind out to the two halflings, hoping to read their thoughts. The one's defenses were easily penetrated, but Boog wasn't so sure about the other one. He decided to try to hide the fact that he was concentrating on a power, and felt confident that nobody would deduce that he was the "magic user".[sblock=OoC: ]Manifesting Read Thoughts a second time, 28/34 PP remaining. Boog will center the display on himself, and stand at least 15' from the pair. DC15 Will save to negate the spell and determine that someone is using "magic" against them. Bluff check to conceal the fact that he's the one manifesting the power is a d20+2=22...ok, that won't ever happen in combat when I really need it! :D [/sblock]

El Jefe

First Post
Boog approached the pair, the beginnings of a plan in his mind. He fought and won the battle to suppress a smirk as he addressed the two haflings: "Looks like they were too busy to be troubled with company", the pudgy red-haired telepath began. "For two little guys, you seem to have a large desire to venture to Braeholl. What's in Braeholl that's so important?", he asked.

Patlin

Explorer
What's this guy think, he's a comedian or something? Banion grouses mentally.

"Just on my way to visit a relative. Hoping to catch a paying ride in the right direction, but some people have no appreciation for talent."

SlagMortar

First Post
OOC: Sorry, I had read Boog's statement when I didn't have time to reply and then forgot that the thread was waiting on me.

IC: Beamer nods his head at Banion's statement. "It's always best to travel with a large group. We wouldn't want to set out on our own." This one's got sharp ears. Given our previous exploits were in small groups and a bit daring to say the least, it might be good to put up the image of being afraid to travel on our own.

Patlin

Explorer
Boog may also be picking up from Banion a desire -- sort of like an itch he wants to scratch -- to manifest his mindblade. He doesn't feel quite right without it in his hand, but he wants to avoid anything that might seem a threatening display. He idly looks about for a target, such as a rock or a dead tree, without really thinking about what he's doing.

El Jefe

First Post
Patlin said:
"Just on my way to visit a relative. Hoping to catch a paying ride in the right direction, but some people have no appreciation for talent."
SlagMortar said:
"It's always best to travel with a large group. We wouldn't want to set out on our own."
"Hmpf", Boog sniffed, disappointment evident in his voice. "That doesn't seem...interesting enough for me. I've had enough of this town, and need something...special to spark my inner abilities." He paused, glancing around slowly at nothing in particular. Turning back quickly to Banion, Boog continued. "Are you sure you're just going to visit a relative? There's nothing that way like a weretiger I could kill? A rematch with a weretiger would do me good, so long as you stayed out of the way so I could kill it myself."

The halflings had trouble telling if he was joking, daft, or just ruminating. It certainly wasn't the sort of thing one expected from a random stranger in Rivenblight.

Patlin

Explorer
"Looking for a fight, are you? Stick with us, we're bound to find plenty. The way our luck runs, monsters will likely be falling out of the sky. Did you bring an umbrella?"

Not to mention the assassins who are after us and the millitary dictator who might want to keep us quiet. Weretigers would be a relief!

SlagMortar

First Post
Beamer is a bit shocked by the young man's bravado. He's not sure where to begin. "Did you say rematch with a weretiger? All by your self? Were you alone in the first match? And just what abilities are you trying to unlock?" Could he be another sorcerer? I hope he's not obsessed with demon's like Azaroth. Beamer had only met one other sorcerer and he was a bit of an odd one, obsessed with demons.

Remove ads