• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (Recruiting) Greyhawk Old-School Sandbox-Style Campaign

Schmoe

Adventurer
Yup, thanks for letting use know what's going on. I'm looking forward to this game, too! As far as what is sufficient, I think 4 is more than enough to start with. Anything beyond that is just gravy.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Read about The Pit, an infamous gladiatorial arena in Greyhawk's Foreign Quarter, as well as a bit about its owner, Andrade Mirrius and its manager, Pietain Morvannis.

Next up, I will detail Castle Greyhawk and following that, the Cairn Hills, two locations within the Domain of Greyhawk where it is common for adventurers to explore for treasure. After that I think we will have enough to begin. I might decide to detail one or two more locations within the city itself, but there will be plenty of hooks to gather from talking with NPCs there.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Read about Greyhawk's legendary Lord Mayor Zagig Yragerne and the famous fortress he constructed known as Castle Greyhawk. Also check out the Cairn Hills the place where many adventurers in Greyhawk's early days made or broke themselves exploring its mysterious burial sites.

I think we have enough to start from here. Is everyone ready? If so I will get the In-Character thread started up tomorrow. You will begin having just arrived in the Free City and finding yourself in the Green Dragon Inn for the evening. You will have to make friends with your fellow PCs, whom you likely have never met before, even if for no other reason than strength in numbers, as you seek to begin your new career as an adventurer.

I have done a lot of planning. There are already lots of hooks in the Green Dragon Inn itself, and many of these will lead you to learning more about the city and the domain around it, not to mention your very first adventures!

Last edited:

sithramir

First Post
[roll0] [roll1] [roll2] [roll3]

[roll4] [roll5]
[roll6] [roll7]

[roll8] [roll9] [roll10] [roll11]

[roll12] [roll13] [roll14] [roll15]

[roll16] [roll17] [roll18] [roll19]

[roll20] [roll21] [roll22] [roll23]

Tried this from phone but I guess it failed

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[roll0] [roll1] [roll2] [roll3]

[roll4] [roll5]
[roll6] [roll7]

[roll8] [roll9] [roll10] [roll11]

[roll12] [roll13] [roll14] [roll15]

[roll16] [roll17] [roll18] [roll19]

[roll20] [roll21] [roll22] [roll23]

Tried this from phone but I guess it failed

Were you unable to get invisiblecastle to work?

Remove ads