• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Recruiting) Kiss of Darkness--Adventure in my Homebrew Setting

G

Guest 11456

I've been roleplaying for about 25 years. Mainly D&D but also many others. I've been playing all sorts of games here since I joined back in March of 2003. I have also DMed a few things as well. I am able to post multiple times a day during the week. Less then that on the weekends and during the holidays. I like unique characters. So...

What about trolls?

Tailspinner

Rystil Arden

First Post
Lots of activity here--awesome! I'm going to reply to each of you one by one, but first a nearly-universal comment that applies to all of you (and may actually make most of you happy since you seemed to have gotten rather low stats)--nobody listened when I said they should get me to approve an account name before rolling stats. I do not think anyone here cheated, but the way the other player cheated was to do what you guys did, except he picked a new name each time he rerolled and then sent me the name that got good rolls. That means you all need to reroll (which may make some people happy). Oh and Nonlethal--those stats are awful! I've never seen stats that bad in 4d6 drop lowest, and they're waaaay rerollable, even if you kept the 16 and dropped a 13 :D

Manzanita

First Post
OK, then. Awaiting approval to reroll under my user ID, since I don't know a PC name yet.

In general, I post every day, and oftentimes I am able to post multiple times per day. I have been playing very consistantly in PbP for the last three years. I don't have a face to face game due to my difficult schedule and the small size of the town where I live. I am always a plot driven player, who likes the plot to progress and the games not to stall. Sometimes I am able to get into my PCs and be a good roleplayer. Unfortunately I can't claim to always do this. My PCs sometimes end up with a life of their own. It's a combination of my own inspiration and how much the DM ties the personal motivations of the character into the plot of the adventure.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Shayuri--your post is long so I won't quote it all because then everyone will have to look at the big quote :lol:

Some interesting ideas there. Let me take a look at each, one at a time:

1) Sounds like it would fit in easily--I can't remember exactly what Beastmaster gives specifically, but I'm pretty sure that I would allow it, and I know I allow Natural Bond. This is one of your characters from gabrion's campaign that you ditched for Jonas, right? :D

2) If you want my random thoughts to help you narrow it down, this one seems a bit too Eberron-ish (I seem to remember that there are tribes just like this in Eberron). I don't really have tribes like this that I included, but the Northlands are vast, so I could work in something (and as long as you aren't attached to having whole tribes of dragon-blooded barbarians, a single barbarian who descended from a draconic liaison could absolutely definitely work)

3) Psions suffer from the same issues I mentioned to Keia. However, if you're willing to be hideously emotionally and physically scarred :]...I could work with you on a background that would allow a Seer. Oh, and it involves the Far Realms, hence the ':]'

4) The Changeling warlock could also work well. Sounds like your character would probably be a loner, but there's information organisations and cabals that he/she could join too if you liked :)

5) Kobolds are indeed cute--if you pick this one and you find something cool for kobolds in Races of the Dragon come Jaunary, I'll probably allow it...Meepo!

Rystil Arden

First Post
JimAde said:
Ok, I have chosen a name for the character: Tyren (Ty)

No last name, comes from peasant stock and born in a small village so he doesn't need one. Now that I've declared a name, I'll go roll my stats.

Actually I had picked a different name and rolled stats already before I rememberd the rules.
<homer voice>
D'oh! Stupid brain!
</homer voice>
Since you declared a name in a separate post and clearly rolled and posted about 15 minutes later (plus you seemed really happy with your rolls, and I'm not a mean guy at heart), I'm going to let you keep the stats you got below :)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Nonlethal Force: You also have a long post that I won't quote (but I do like long posts guys, so don't think I'm railing against them--I just don't want to quote them)

Let's see--both of your concepts are interesting and fit in easily. As for the spoiler text, we can talk about it here or you can email me at %RystilArden% @ %gmail.com% without the spaces and %%s of course.

Remove ads