Recruiting - Living Pathfinder!

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Not been nearly a year yet by my count. The first LPF adventure kicked off on August 1st 2010 so 4 1/2 months to go if you use that as your yard stick.

Been great so far, and I look forward to seeing characters pushing for double digits. I know we have a few pushing for 4th level at the moment. :D

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I have so many questions...

a) Who do you speak to in regards to adding a new playable race? I would like to champion the goblin/hobgoblin cause... especially the High Goblin.

b) If permitted, I would like to build a Goblin... something. Maybe Alchemist.

c) Religions. Is there a "crafter/technological" religion yet? How 'advanced' is the LPF world?

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
You would make a proposal in the social group to add a new race. But I think chances of adding non Paizo material are very low, with the exception of flavor and setting stuff. A regular goblin might be possible, but you would need to get it approved by the judges.

My personal take would be that Paizo goblins are intentionally mad little bleeders and not suitable as a PC race, they also get +4 Dex - the two stats they loose out on are easily droppable for a number of classes - Darkvision, a 30ft. movement speed, which makes them far better imo than the existing small races.

Generally technology is standard fantasy, but gnome inventors have been spelled out as having invented the Clockwork Guard in Venza, and when ultimate Combat is finally released guns will likely appear in the world from the gnome district of Little Town - though I'm speculating on most of that.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Damn gnomes. I will think more on this.

[Edit] It would seem to me that a Goblin could be a simple 're-skin' of a Gnome.

Last edited:

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
I am giving personal opinions here in part - though goblins are not an allowed race at this time and others races from the Bestiary 1 have been allowed, so I think there was an element of choice there. I think the issue is more that people want to keep them as a wild enemy race rather than as an, oh they are just misunderstood, some of them are alright race.

Paizo deliberately reskinned goblins as being crazier and more evil with the first Golorion AP Rise of the Runelords. And personally I think that the idea of having a goblin adventurer being accepted in cities - which is really necessary - dilutes that considerably.

If you want something weird and wonderful Merfolk are allowed - though we would encourage you to find some way to increase their land speed to make them more playable, such as a level of barbarian for fast movement, or the travel domain, etc. - as are Tieflings, and Tengu (Kenku from 3.5 Crowmen essentially).

I also think based on prior discussions that you would likely easily get a Grippli passed - think small sized frogman.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
I'm thinking about proposing Dhampyrs as allowed player characters. They would be no race of it's own but more a rare condition someone can attain after surviving a vampire bite/energy drain or that could happen to unborn if their mothers are attacked in this manner.

Zerith

First Post
Hmmm, I've been in supper RP mode, and I doubt the present RPs I'm in (and am presently joining for that matter) will salt my need monologing!
Because... I has to much free timez! :(

Vere is das join button? :)
[If i am allowd in expect a barrage of proposals after I take a few days to eat the pathfinder SRD o_O; ]

[MENTION=59043]Walking Dad[/MENTION]
Aren't Dhampyrs half vamp half human? They aren't an acquired template if you ask me :/
That said, you could just call them 'warm-blood' vampires instead. It hints that their still alive and, to a lesser degree, that the vampircy did not fully take, and they are 'still human'; after all, 'real' vampires are coldblooded monsters ;3
Not that it really matters, I'm just a bit of a name Nazi :p

Remove ads