Recruiting - Living Pathfinder!

Walking Dad

First Post
Aren't Dhampyrs half vamp half human? They aren't an acquired template if you ask me :/
That said, you could just call them 'warm-blood' vampires instead. It hints that their still alive and, to a lesser degree, that the vampircy did not fully take, and they are 'still human'; after all, 'real' vampires are coldblooded monsters ;3
Not that it really matters, I'm just a bit of a name Nazi :p
I actually want to use the official Paizo Dhampyr from Bestiary 2. The possibility of an infection should spare Living Pathfinder the need for an entire Dhampyr culture (we did similar for Aasimar and Tieflings).

Zerith

First Post
Well, that is always handy :3
Any ways, I'm thinking of proposing a custom race (dodges thrown objects) o_O;

^^;

I'm thinking along the lines of a very open book race "Magical Creatures" basically a blank sheet race that is highly customizable(might start out as a magical rabbit, or a fledgling griffin, possibly even a dragon), but also has inbuilt flaws:
Unable to use most items and they are quadrupeds (armor cost: X2, yesh…)
-Usable equipment includes: necklaces/collars, armlets (can be considered either rings or gloves, not both), specialized weapons(example, horns attached to a custom built helmet for a gore attack that could be used in place of a bite attack) and barding. (They might possibly be able to use more, but the idea is they don’t need items in the first place)
Feats they would normally spend on other things: like weapon focus for a barbarian or the like, would instead be (generally) spent on M.C. racial feats that, for example, increases size category (they would start out as small and be able to spend feats(or the equivalent, possibly class feature bonuses) at level 1, 3*, 9*, 15*, and 18** to increase their size by one step each time.)
[*reach is normally 5’ less than the than space]
[**reach is normally 10’ less than the than space]

The main draw for them would be that they either horde wealth, or devour it, and through doing so, can gain direct benefits to their character (as opposed to a normal character who get their benefits through worn items) and instead gets to spend their GP value as if making magical items, with no space limitation, at a heightened rate
[There would be a few exceptions made, enchantments bonuses added to either their natural attacks and or natural armor as a main example; as I think not doing so would cripple M.C. as a PC race if they are made and then approved]
And that they would have a lot of racial feats (one for breath weapons and another wings for example)

-If a hording magical creature’s horde is stolen: it can’t gain any more benefits by starting a new horde until the new horde is worth as much as the the M.C.’s present magical benefits and the benefit to be attained.
As with dragons, hording magical creatures loath lessening their horde, and as such a PC M.C, who chose to be a hording M.C, can only take away GP from their Horde until the horde’s worth is as much as their total enchantment bonuses (for example, if the only bonus a M.C. has is a +1 enhancement bonus to their claw attacks, they can take any amount out of their horde so long as it maintains at least 2000GP in it at all times (in other words a M.C. can’t barrow all the equipment from the party, boost themselves with their newly inflated GP value, and then give the equipment back.)
Further, if for any reason the hording M.C.’s horde is reduced below the value of its innate magical bonuses for a month, (or less time if it was it will start losing (up to) 5,000GP per a day worth of bonuses (lost in any order the M.C. player wishes) until value of its innate magical bonuses is as much or lesser then the value of the horde
(its generally a given that a horde is well hidden and so this plot device should not be used often, also having an innate tie to their horde, a M.C. would know when it is being plundered, but this would not necessarily wake the M.C., if asleep, it would just know something, perhaps everything, was taken when it awakes.)

-A devouring Magical creature devours the GP value of their innate magical enchantments, and any GP surplus that is left is simply held in them until it is used for new benefits or to enhance old ones. While this seams simply better then hording (as there is no far off stock pile to be stolen from mid-adventure) it has its own limitations and weaknesses. For starts, the hide, and organs, of a devouring M.C. is generally worth much more than their counterparts, and their body grows extra organs, that can potentially be harvested without much injury to the MC that gives them their benifits: once harvested from a devouring M.C. these organs don’t grow back without using more GP value to replace them (They can be latter devoured to regain their GP value, or if it is an extremity like a claw, horn or fang, it can just snap back on and then regain its ability over the next day)
[Also, not just anyone would know how to harvest organs from a M.C properly, or which ones are none vital to it. call a locale magical vet near you XD]
Further an average devouring M.C. cannot convert coins to their GP value (that is used for their innate enchantments; they can still have coins as normal) most can only devour magic from magical items (at which point the object becomes mundane and the value from its enchantments in added to the M.C.’s GP value; this also takes an hour to do and alertns one near by and wakes them if their asleep. if interrupted the item is left whole amd the M.C. gains nothing) thus devouring M.C.s must convert their mundane items and coins into magical items that can be devoured. Some M.C, devourers instead choose a, very rare and or valuable, object that that they eat instead, perhaps the meat from a rare animal, the leaves from a plant or some kind of gem or stone: this also feeds the M.C., and unlike devouring magic it is neither time consuming nor any more noticeable then eating normally.
[If so then a GM can give theses M.C.s their loot by giving a flat GP value of the chosen object(no value is given to these objects to allow the GM to freely chose how much GP the M.C. gets while not making the item either too common or too rare, as it is assumed that its comes in a wide range of qualities), or by letting the M.C. latter buy chosen object with their spoils]

Note: before new benefits can be gained, or old ones enhanced, all lost benefits must be regained in full (once an ability is picked, it’s picked forever)
Note2; when determining what benefits a M.C. can give itself, it is considered to have all feats, items and facilities normally needed and has a caster level equal to its character level.
Note3: The benefits a M.C. gives itself cannot be one offs. So while it can be able to have a spell it can only cast once a month, it can’t give itself 50 charges of a spell.
Note4: Before new benefits can be attained, or old ones enhanced/regained, the adjusted character must first be approved as if it had just leveled up, or completed an adventure, as normal.
Note5: After investing the GP needed for a new benefit, or to enhance/regaine an old one, a M.C. must spend an additional 8 hours a day resting,meditating or other wise not doing other activities (such as working on a magic item), for every 5,000 GP invested before using the benefit.
[Unlike crafting a magic item, if a days 'work' is ruined, it is simply delayed, there are no rolls needed and it can be as stop and go as the M.C. wishes it to be]

Comments? :3

Zerith

First Post
it's a highly complex PC race and I'm wander what more experienced pathfinders think of it before I run in and try making a race with a very large number of veritable and racial feats, and more likely then not, it's own base class. I don't want to launch into something this expansive if doing so is foolish :/

Also, I see your point ^^; will do so shortly:heh:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
@InVinoVeritas (didn't want to clog up the social group, and this gives this a bump)

There are things you can do to up your CMB it's just some of the free feats an abbreant sorcerer get look like they are geared towards grapple.

Touch of Gracelessness seems good too as it would subtract from your opponents CMD.

Also don't forget Expanded Arcana as a feat for additional spells.

I'm sure you have looked into all of this just making sure. ;)

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I have no clue. :erm:

I took and copied the newest map of the boundries and added it to paint. I edited in where I thought Systole's new barbarian elf might be from. Seen here now

And then added it to flickr so I could add it to the social group. And it came up teeny tiny. Same when I tried to put it in the post over at the Living Pathfinder OOC (kind of) thread.

It worked well as an attachment though, so I had it go in that way.

Not sure why the map is made 50 times smaller when you try adding it in to a post.

HM

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
so where are the baronries? I have been picturing an area as big as spain, germany-austiohungary for the faronries. and about as far away

GlassEye

Adventurer
Ah, I see. Just curious because I couldn't make out the map and I wasn't sure what the reason was.

Scott, the Baronies are just east of Venza but stretch over 2,000 miles north and south and about 800 miles east and west. Lots of room for all those microstates.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Ah, I see. Just curious because I couldn't make out the map and I wasn't sure what the reason was.

Scott, the Baronies are just east of Venza but stretch over 2,000 miles north and south and about 800 miles east and west. Lots of room for all those microstates.

Oh! I see it now, just under the two scribbles!

Remove ads