(Recruiting) Relic Hunters (All female PCs, Castles and Crusades rules, Tekumel Campaign Setting)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Yes. I'd be willing, especially because the religious pantheons of your characters vanilla fantasy realm and that of Tekumel would be so vastly different anyway. It might be easier to explain away a cleric-like character that did not work with a divinity than it would be to explain why a cleric's divine god could project power into a continent that lacks the deity's worshipper's.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
The good news is DT is a very story oriented GM and he's usually open to any and all ideas. If you've never played with him before, to explain a little, I personally love the way he weaves the characters and story and tells the tale without a ton of rolling dice. It's very entertaining.

And welcome Shay!

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Why distant [MENTION=11146]CanadienneBacon[/MENTION]? I see no reason for them not to be full on cousins if you wish. :)

Mainly out of a sense of fairness to the other players and characters. I'm happy to be a first cousin, but don't want anyone to feel less-than or left out. I considered bastard sibling, too. Someone with a stake in protecting the family name but without all the mess of inheritance.

And last night I came across her first name. Briony. No clue about the rest of her, but her first name is Briony.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
I see no reason why the characters couldn't be close family relations or have grown up together. It's easier to explain why they are all together with intertwined histories. I'm all for it, and welcome aboard!

Deuce Traveler said:
I see no reason why the characters couldn't be close family relations or have grown up together. It's easier to explain why they are all together with intertwined histories. I'm all for it, and welcome aboard!
Rock on, man. I'll probably go with bastard sister, then. I will see about posting a character sheet by Tuesday night.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Sweet! Once we use this thread for draft character generation and discussions, I'll put up an official RG for everyone to post into. I'll probably do so next week to give ENWorlders some time to come back from the holidays.

Shayuri

First Post
Jane Snow? Hehe.

Alright, my nutty idea is this; I want to give an old idea of mine from way back another spin. If it doesn't fit the setting, I will cheerfully do something else though, because this concept as-is does imply things about cosmology.

short form is that the stars in the sky are quasi-divine entities set at the boundaries of creation, entrusted with the remnants of the primal energies originally used to make the universe. They have two functions. First, to safeguard the 'celestial fire' from those who would misuse it. Second, to use this empyreal flame to constantly reinforce and shore up the 'walls' of creation against the howling chaos of the Void beyond. The stars are wariors, ever faithful and set beyond the reach of man and god alike to fight for all time in the sky, alone except for one another.

All war is mostly waiting, and one past time to while away the eons is to gaze down at the tiny ball of rock and water entrusted to one of their number. And while many stars might have wished at one point or another to get closer, or to visit the tiny things they fought to shield, it was self-evident that such a thing could never happen.

Until one day, it did.

My character is not a star, of course. More like an avatar. A body created, imbued with tiny shred of life, mind and power that such a husk is capable of hosting, and sent hurtling like a meteor to the world. There to live among people, learning and experiencing, until it dies and that shard of essence returns to its source, letting the star partake of it. Her 'divine' powers are manifestations of the flame imperishable, which she wields through a focus that contains a sliver of it no greater than a grain of sand; plenty to power miracles on a mortal scale (her holy symbol equivalent).

As for how to tie her in, I have several ideas. Before I go into them though let me pause to hear from you. I would rather not invest a lot of time developing an idea that you decide isn't a good fit for the world. Once we have the story straight I can easily tie folks in.

Remove ads