(Recruiting) Relic Hunters (All female PCs, Castles and Crusades rules, Tekumel Campaign Setting)

Rubberneck

First Post
Quick question DT did I create my character properly? Is she ready to go or did I miss anything? Sorry I''ve never played this game type before lol.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
I'll check the character tomorrow after I put in the initial post. We're going to just get down and start playing and tweak the characters as we get settled into the roles and settings. You are docking into Tekumel from your homeland at the start, finding about some happening while you were away, are invited to a social at the ambassador's home that will be held in the evening, and when you return instantly find yourselves having to make some political choices that will guide how your first quest proceeds. The last two involve local politics, unfortunately for your characters and fortunately for the narrative. :) Anyway, I have it all mapped out and will now be spending tomorrow afternoon getting it all typed out for a larger post.

Feeling better, too, and am excited to start.

I am also encouraging any lurkers to take the opportunity to join in during the next couple of weeks if they like what they see develop in the soon-to-be IC thread. I feel this is going to flow nicely.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
I just started a new job as Deputy Prosecutor, so the slower pace here is fine by me. Have been settling into the new office since Weds. Take your time.

Wow, excellent. Sounds like an important and time consuming job. Congrats!

I'm about to start a Rogue's Gallery post for all of you, but want to pad it a bit with additional info. I'm just about ready to go, but I am recovering from the flu. I should be back 100% very soon.

Feel better DT! I've been under the weather too. and speding a lot of time in bed.

I think I just need to add equipment and a background. Background is simple enough, happy childhood growing up exploring with her Dad and sister (and friends!). Dad's missing, we've taken over with an eye on finding him. Nothing too tragic (well, I guess Mom missing or dead counts as tragic). But I'll write it up nicer than that ;)

I'll check the character tomorrow after I put in the initial post. We're going to just get down and start playing and tweak the characters as we get settled into the roles and settings. You are docking into Tekumel from your homeland at the start, finding about some happening while you were away, are invited to a social at the ambassador's home that will be held in the evening, and when you return instantly find yourselves having to make some political choices that will guide how your first quest proceeds. The last two involve local politics, unfortunately for your characters and fortunately for the narrative. :) Anyway, I have it all mapped out and will now be spending tomorrow afternoon getting it all typed out for a larger post.

Feeling better, too, and am excited to start.

I am also encouraging any lurkers to take the opportunity to join in during the next couple of weeks if they like what they see develop in the soon-to-be IC thread. I feel this is going to flow nicely.
I hope people see this won't be weird and join up!! I love the way you GM and honestly, the character sheets (setting?) doesn't matter too much with you. Just enjoy the adventure of it!

I am excited to get started too. :D

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Rogues Gallery here: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?410617-Relic-Hunters-in-Tekumel&p=6506875#post6506875

I decided to move the adventure into the capital city of Jakalla instead of Bey Su. Both are accessible from the water, which fits are narrative, and I like the options for foreign districts in Jakalla more than that of Bey Su. Basically, Jakalla has more ports and so I can fit an entire cordoned off foreign district better in one than I can the other. Bey Su is also much more further downriver than I realized and too far from the ocean. So the capital city of Jakalla it is!

I'll be putting up an initial IC post soon, and then I'll start looking over characters.

Edit: First post is up in IC! Hope you like it!
http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...Hunters-in-Tekumel-(IC)&p=6507001#post6507001
Go ahead and start posting. Also post your characters in the RG so I can start looking them over. We'll be setting up relationships and background for a bit before we get into the action.

Even though Queenie is the group decision maker and ship captain, the rest of you can easily carve a role into this setting. As more characters open up, it will also give your party members a good chance to have further connections to NPCs as you might see fit. We can talk about them here in OOC. For instance, I still need to beef up some info on Handsome Jack's first mate for Canadienne Bacon's benefit.

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
[MENTION=6763059]Rubberneck[/MENTION], Bella looks good to me, but she only gets a +1 stat bonus from ability scores 13-15, so you might want to switch Wisdom with Dexterity. Also, for melee weapons her BtH (bonus to hit) is going to be +6 with a longsword and +5 with other weapons. Damage will be +3 with a longsword and +2 with other weapons. Fighters don't get many other cool abilities, but she will be able to attack twice a round against 1HD mooks starting at level 4, which is pretty awesome. It turns into a permanent extra attack against all opponents at level 10.

I would suggest having her wear Plate Mail and a helm and shield. This will give her an AC of 19. 10 base, plus 7 for the plate and helm, plus 1 for the shield, and +1 dex bonus if you switch your wisdom and dex scores. Also, can you give a bit about a professional background. I'll use it to justify occupational skill successes later in game as there are no skill checks like in d20. If you say you were a mapmaker or navigator, I'll just say you notice things about cartography or finding your way at night if such comes up.

dream66_

First Post
I've looked at this thread a few times, the idea of an all women's group really appeals to me but I'm not sure about the system

But yeah I can't pass up playing, let me figure out what to play, I'm thinking a witch but this companion thing is confusing me.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
dream, the witch advantage is that she can deliver touch spells with her familiar. Since the familiar is vulnerable, I would focus on a witch whose spells are mostly buffs. Touch attacks through the familiar would just make the familiar a target.

dream66_

First Post
Oh yes I understood that...

More refering to the formatting and layout of the Crusader's Companion book.

Anyways, I think I've got it.

How would you like to handle the requesting of spells starting out?

STR 11, DEX 11, CON 15, INT 12, WIS 14, CHA 17
STR 10, DEX 15, CON 11, INT 13, WIS 11, CHA 15
STR 10, DEX 15, CON 10, INT 13, WIS 14, CHA 15

Elsbeth
Female Human Witch 3
HP 15/15 (3d4+3)

STR 11(+0), DEX 11(+0), CON 15(+1)(P), INT 12(+0), WIS 14(+1)(P), CHA 17(+2)(P)

Class Abilities:
Familiar (Female Raven named Branwyn)
SPELLS:
[sblock]Witches can cast spells, and they have access to both arcane and divine magic. However, witches are much different from other spellcasters who can prepare several spells in advance, and then cast them when the need arises. Instead, a witch must rely on her familiar; it works as follows: Requesting a spell: The witch asks her familiar the spell she wants. (For purposes of simplification, the player determines with the book what spell she wants; it is assumed that the witch asked for a particular magical effect, and the familiar searches for the most appropriate spell). As such, the familiar disappears into the ethereal plane, taking several rounds, or even turns, to find that spell. (It is assumed that the familiar gathers magical energies in a way similar to a wizard who prepares his spells). When the familiar comes back, the
witch makes a Charisma check to determine if the familiar successfully found a spell. The CL = 2 x spell’s level; or 4 x spell’s level if it is a spell level a cleric or wizard of the same level as the witch would not have access to (like a 6th level witch requesting a 4th level spell). Any previous spell request during that day that failed, adds +1 to CL. The witch adds her level to the check, and a +2 bonus to the roll for a druid spell. Search time = 1d6 rounds + 1 per spell level for a divine spell; 2d4 rounds + 1 per spell level for an arcane spell. When the check is successful, the familiar returns with the spell that is immediately
implanted into the witch’s mind, as much as if it was a prepared spell for a regular spellcaster. The witch has up to one hour to cast the spell, which is cast at her level. A witch doesn’t need material components to cast such spells, and automatically know how to cast them.[/sblock]

Brew Potion*

Equipment:
Dagger
Staff
Common Dress
Cloak
Boots
*Prepared Cure Light Wounds Potion

Prepared Spells:
Bless 1d20+3=10 (+2 for Charisma I forgot when posting the roll)

[sblock="Background"]
Elsbeth was raised in a simple farm in the deep woods, her mother and father both worked the crops and raised the animals, and her mother practiced the old ways to help them. As Elsbeth grew up her mother taught her secrets of old ways and forbidden religions, but they wanted to make sure she learned the ways of the outsiders, so they asked her to go out into the world, go and learn for 10 years and then return. Before she left her mother and her summon Branwyn to be her guide and companion.

Soon after her trip into the outside world she encountered Ms. Crawford and joined her crew (more on that when I know what's going on with her crew)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
I like the witch dyamic. It's quite different, but I get the impression she can only hold one spell at a time: "Witches can cast spells, and they have access to both arcane and divine magic. However, witches are much different from other spellcasters who can prepare several spells in advance, and then cast them when the need arises."

It almost reads like the witch requests one, finds out a few rounds later if she has it. Then can cast it or discard it within the hour. I don't get the impression the witch can hold more than one spell, since I can't find anything about a spell limit and that line about how the witch isn't like a spellcaster who can have several spells at once leads me to that conclusion.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Great character dream! Really like the concept.

FYI we're about to get slammed with a huge snowstorm. The power may go out, so we might be missing a little while. Or, we'll be stuck in the house for days with nothing to do but play online. I like the second option better ;)

Remove ads