• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Recruiting(still)][CoC] Kuro's sick and twisted game

kuroshidaku

First Post
Well, you can insert your character now. btw- i don't really care about your stats, just roleplay her how you want :)

You might want to go after the naughty boys, or one of the other patrons (preferably a shady one ;) )

Majin

First Post
Hey, new to the whole PbP thing. Was wondering if there was still a spot for me to give it a go?

Posting my character here in the event that it's ok for me to join. If not then just disregard.

Name: Damien (Yep thats it, just Damien. He never tells anyone his last name.
Profession: Parapsychologist (He's a major occult junkie, heh)
Height: 6' 1"
Weight: 120
Eyes: Hazel
Hair: Black

*Stats*

Str: 10
Dex: 15
Con: 13
Int: 13
Wis: 16
Cha: 12

AC: 12
Hp: 7
Sanity: 80
Init: +6 (Imp. Init.)

*Saving Throws*

Fortitude: +1
Reflex: +4
Will: +7 (Iron Will)

*Skills*

Computer Use: +7
Gather Information: +5
Hide: +4
Knowledge (History): +4
Knowledge (Occult): +7
Knowledge (Religion): +4
Listen: +5
Move Silently: +4
Psychoanalysis: +5
Research: +3
Search: +3
Spot: +5

Description:

Damien's black hair is long in the front and shaved extremely short in the back. He almost always wears black, and is never seen in public without wearing his long black trenchcoat (Even on hot days ;) ) that reaches down all the way to the ground. He always had an interest in the occult and it's workings and originally began to dress the way he does to get an "in" with a specific crowd that could possibly bring him closer with his desires of more and more occult knowledge. Eventually after awhile he began enjoying the look and sticks by it even when not out on "business"

Digging his way through the "Goth" society weeding out the wannabes to find people that really know the deep dark secrets he seeks has become nearly an obsession to Damien over the years. Now out of college and on his own Damien has made somewhat of a name for himself in the "Parapsychologist" field, as little of a niche job as it is. He has many legit connections to collectors of Occult literature and other items that he has made over the years.

He takes a loving interest in all things strange and unusual and has quite the vast Occult library himself. Yet one thing has eluded him. Whether the collectors he knows aren't "in the know" or they are just keeping the real jewels of their collections from him Damien has yet to come across something that he could say with utmost certainty is "real". Do these contacts of his just think him too young and inexperienced to learn what they have learned, or are they just fearful of the lengths Damien will go to possess a genuine article of the occult, even as much as "taking it" from them in his thirst for power and knowledge?

He's a good guy tho, if not a little dark & weird around people that don't share his interests. :p He has some other little quirks tho. He was raised in a pretty well off family and carries himself as such most of the time. He only comes out of that shell to people he's befriended or when he is being very serious. Oh yeah, and he's quite into the Egyptian culture, and wears jewelry to show it. When he's nervous or bored, he usually fiddles with a small solid gold ankh necklace he wears around his neck connected with a silver chain.

Well thats him guys, I'm not crazy I swear! :p Hopefully theres room for this guy, as I'm looking forward to jumping in if I get the go ahead!

Last edited:

Master_Pugs

First Post
By the way, Tanya isn't actually treated poorly at all... they actually consider her one of the best cops on the force so they give her the tough cases... and she's just one of those girls who sees sexual innuendos in anything and everything and think all men are out to take advantage of her...

bruin

First Post
Looks good to me Majin. Glad to have you aboard.

Edit: of course I forgot to say as long as Kuro has no problems. As far as I know recruitment is still open.

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
Hey Majin

The character looks good. Bruder is definately feeling in over his head, if he is "in" anything, which he is not really sure.

So your character has an obvious tie in as a source of info, maybe through Jim. Bruder is a little dubious about Jim's patron (its just a feeling).

I doubt kuro will have any problems with you jumping in, but we should wait til he give the OK.

Hey Snipehunt

You've seen how things work. Pop up a concept and see what happens. Or ask Kuro what he would like to have in the game.

bruin

First Post
doghead said:
So your character has an obvious tie in as a source of info, maybe through Jim.

I've got no problem bringing him in that way. Jim has a cell phone, so he could just call him up for advice on their current situation, maybe get him down to the bar.

doghead

thotd
Hey Bruin

How's it going at your end?

I realised that Bruder has been a bit selfish in some regards, tending to see this as centering around himself. He's not really feeling his best at the mo'.

It has been a real pleasure playing with you. I am particulary fond of Jim's departing line as we left the church.

bruin

First Post
Everything's going fine, great playing with you too.

IMO, it's not that Bruder is selfish; Kuro chose to center this part of the story about Bruder, so he necessarily has to be the decision maker for the time being.

Once we get these loose ends taken care of (mail,mum,Jack, talk to the gimp again) Jim might start to take a more authoritative role, but for the time being I think he has to follow Bruder's lead and respect whatever he wants to do.

Remove ads