Recruiting: The Sharn Inquisitive

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
bento said:
So what is the program some of you are using to create those cool character sheets over on the Rogue's Gallery board? I like the format and the way it's imbedded as a scroll down screen.
Yup, it's not a program, it's just figuring out the best way to format using (code)(/code) *changing the parenthesis to brackets obviously*

If you put items between open and closed [codes], they produce the small scrollbar windows and also use the Courier font, which is an equidistant font. In other words, each letter/number/symbol takes up the same width across the board, and thus will line up vertically if you use proper spacing.

The hard part of course is that the window you post your info into is NOT an equidistant font, and thus you can't line stuff up vertically there. What I do is make my character sheets using Notepad (which defaults to the Courier equidistant font), using the spacebar to get all the columns to line up correctly, then cut/pasting it into ENWorld and surrounding it by [codes]. You can also then start bolding the parts you want by highlighting and hitting the 'B'. When you paste it, it will look as though the columns no longer line up... but DON'T start trying to "fix" them there. You need to have faith that when posted it will line up correctly even if it looks all screwy when you've pasted into the posting window.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Made necessary edits/corrections to my character sheet as per mcnathan80's request. Also fixed something that none of us noticed before, which is my warhammer's to hit should be +6 and not +5 (+3 BAB, +2 STR, +1 for being masterwork).

bento

Explorer
mcnathan80

I don't know about "Invisible Castle" and rolling dice. Could you elaborate here? On the other board I post to I can do a [dice] dx+y [/dice] to roll dice.

Thanks.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
bento said:
mcnathan80

I don't know about "Invisible Castle" and rolling dice. Could you elaborate here? On the other board I post to I can do a [dice] dx+y [/dice] to roll dice.

Thanks.
Bento,

First, mcnathan isn't read this board anymore---any ooc comments should be in the IC thread.

Second, go here. :)

Remove ads