Recruitment Closed 3.5 D&D - Storms of Change

hero4hire

Explorer
silentspace said:
* hero4hire - Sounds good. Once you give me a little more info, I'll help you flesh out this order. We'll need to come up with a name other than Eldritch Knights though, just to avoid confusion :)

Great! I'll start fleshing it out. Hrm, how about "The Transcendental Order of The Knights-Arcane" or something haughty like that.

Is there a LG god of Magic in this world?

I would like to advance in Paladin, but I know core rules disallow for this when Multi-classing. I've seen various Forgotten Realms paladins bypass this occasionally, also a Feat in Eberron (Knightly Training?) Bypasses this restriction.

What would be most appropriate for this campaign?

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Okay, I've got a basic idea for my character's background. I'm thinking he came from an area in the south of Shillen, with a very disciplined army using shield wall formations, etc. He's fought for the course of a 10 year contract, and risen somewhat in the ranks over that time. When his contract ran out, he decided to go hire his services out in places that seemed more critical to the survival of Shillen, and so was drawn north to the Duchy of Rogan.

Insight

Adventurer
silentspace said:
We have 5 candidates so far, with room for one more, before I make my selections.

* Insight - Shillen frowns on Gladiatorial blood games, but it does have lots of non-lethal athletic competitions. Making your character from Goruka would work though. They have death matches there, and trial-by-combat, and slavery. We can work something out.

Excellent. He'll be from Goruka then! I imagine that he came to Shillen to escape his hateful and influential former master then, who may or may not have the reach to still get at him in distant Shillen.

Game stuff: Human Monk 2. STR 16 (10), DEX 16 (10), CON 10 (2), INT 12 (4), WIS 14 (6), CHA 8 (0). HP 14. BAB +1. Skills: Esc Artist (5) +8, Hide (5) +8, Jump (3) +6, Move Silently (5) +8, Profession - Prize Fighter (2) +4, Sense Motive (5) +7, and Tumble (5) +8. Class Abilities: Bonus Feat (Stunning Fist FSDC 13, 2/day), Flurry of Blows, Wis Bonus (+2) to AC, Bonus Feat (Combat Reflexes), and Evasion. Feats: Dodge and Two Weapon Fighting. Armor Class: 15. Unarmed Attack: Att +4 (or +2/+2), Dmg 1d6+3, Crit 20/x2. Kama: Att +2 (or +2/+2 flurry, or +2/+2 two weapon, or +0/+0/+0 flurry + two weapon), Dmg 1d6+3, Crit 20/x2. Shuriken: Att +4, Dmg 1d2+3, Crit 20/x2, RI 10.

Last edited:

silentspace

First Post
Someone said:
Can I play Dunathar again?

Someone! I'd love to have you back, but let me think... Verbatim took over Dunathar after you dropped out, so that's a tough question. I want to say yes, but I'm not sure what happened to Verbatim. Does anyone know?

I'm going to say if Verbatim officially drops out, or he hasn't been on the boards at all for over a month without a heads up, that Dunathar will be yours again.

Alternatively, we can avoid the hassle and you can come up with a new character. My offer to accept former players back still stands. So you'll be re-joining Manzanita and Seonaid, just with a new character. And you'll have three new ones from this thread. :)

silentspace

First Post
hero4hire - "The Transcendental Order of The Knights-Arcane" is good! There's no LG god of magic, but I'm open to ideas. As to multi-classing, how about it being ok as long as you're in the Order, with a very specific advancement path, such as alternating Pal/Sor..?

Nac Mac Feegle - Sounds perfect.

Insight - Looks good. I'm not going to review your stats in detail now though.

We still have room for one more candidate. Picking three of you is going to be tough!

Insight

Adventurer
silentspace said:
Insight - Looks good. I'm not going to review your stats in detail now though.

Cool. I just wanted you to know the direction I was planning to go in case that helps with the decision making process down the road. I may end up posting some more expanded background information as well.

RillianPA

First Post
Hi, looks like I can just make it as the 6th entry :)

Morrison (Human Monk lvl 2) was raised in the remote Shillen monastery of (fill in appropriate). Left in the care of the monks, Morrison is an orphan, with no knowledge of who his parents were, and named by the monks for one of the founders of the monastery. While Morrison always had the ability to excel as a monk, his innate curiosity and adventurous spirit got him into trouble, time and again. Finally it became clear to the kindly abbot, Samuel, that Morrison was not meant for the monastic life, and so he asked his friend, Jonah, a cleric of the travel god (I would prefer a travel and war god, but it will need to be whatever is in your world), to help guide Morrison into the world. Since that time, Morrison's adventures have always led him back to the church of (travel god), and to the advice of Jonah.

To be clear, Morrison is now an ex-monk (he can no longer advance as a monk), who will become a cleric of the travel god. He will mostly be a fighter and healer.

Additional information for DM:
Morrison is actually the bastard child of a princess. Presumably other kingdoms have felt the predations of Goruka and Pachen, and the princess is from one of those kingdoms. Her father so strongly disaproved of the father (probably didnt have a big army to lend for fighting Goruka and Pachen), that the pregnancy was hidden and the child left at a remote monastery in another kingdom. The royal family would generally be considered "good", but certainly would move to protect the rights of the King's son, if they found out Morrison had left the monastery. Only the abbot, the King, he King's son, and the princess know what has happened. The identity of the father is left up to you.

Someone

Adventurer
silentspace said:
I'm going to say if Verbatim officially drops out, or he hasn't been on the boards at all for over a month without a heads up, that Dunathar will be yours again.

Alternatively, we can avoid the hassle and you can come up with a new character. My offer to accept former players back still stands. So you'll be re-joining Manzanita and Seonaid, just with a new character. And you'll have three new ones from this thread. :)

I´d rather prefer to get Dunathar again. I see no problem on playing him, and make another character if Verbatim shows up.

Sado

First Post
I'm still interested in the monsters of the region, but since my concept is a ranger who has been working for the Warden against the Gorukans, how about if I have the Gorukan military as a favored enemy?

Remove ads