[Recruitment Full] [level 1 D&D] Storms of Change

Chaos Apostate

First Post
Hmmm... I thought that Composite Longbows fell under the same category as normal longbows. IE, Weapon Focus (Longbow) Gives you +1 to hit when using either a longbow or a composite longbow. After all, they are essentially the same weapon (though I realise that the construction of a composite longbow is different, and it is easier to make a powerful shot). The only reason my character has a longbow rather than a composite longbow is because that's all she could afford. If, in fact, you rule that wepaon focus (longbow) does not apply to the composite longbow then I will switch the feat to Improved Initative and then take wepaon focus (composite longbow) at some later date.

As for the history, I have lots of ideas. Most of them are pretty dark, so they're definitely gonna need your approval. I'd rather the other players didn't know the whole story, so if you don't mind I'll email you some details (or preliminary questions) once I've got my ideas sorted out.

EDIT: Hmmm, me and you have a habit of posting together don't we mpickett?

Last edited:

Seonaid

Explorer
Hey, I just realized that you guys are new to the boards as well, so double welcome. (If you're just new with these usernames, welcome anyway. :p)

mpickett81

First Post
Silentspace... Could you give me a brief idea on how common psionics are in your world and how the general populace views such powers? I want my psywarrior to be an outcast from a society of psions that lived isolated in the Diamond Mountains. I want to make sure that fits.
By the way, should I start posting this kind of stuff to the OOC thread now?

ChaosApostate... whoa, we posted almost the same thing at almost the same time. Are you sure you're not my twin from an alternate dimension?

silentspace

First Post
mpickett81 - Your background sounds good.

Psionics are less common than magic. Most people, over 90%, live in small agricultural communities, and are regular folk. The 'general populace' is somewhat mystified by magic of all kinds. Psionics are the same, so in a sense they are another type of magic. In larger communities there are higher concentrations of folk with psionic powers, but they are still rare, compared to the other classes. Much like wizards, most psions tend to withdraw from the world, psychic warriors less so.

Verbatim

Explorer
Sorry for tardiness...

Sorry for taking so long to get char ready, but am fighting a cold at home, and having to move offices here at work. If the offer is still good, I'll look back through the pcs that are available to assume and may take on one of them.

Any suggestions as to which one would be the most useful to the party?

V

Remove ads