Recruitment- PLANESCAPE: Intrigue. Reopened

Nordom

Explorer
How would you like players to generate ability scores? Point Buy, rolling, elite array, etc.?

Apologies, did not specify certain mechanics

-Let's do standard 27 point buy. I like this web-based point buy, as it allows you to plug in a variety of races, including variant humans.
-Starting at level 5
-1 secret item of significance that you'll DM me
-Standard equipment and wealth for a 5th level character, but no starting magical items
-I will also give a faction-specific item or bonus to the character, including no faction, or Primes
-Up to 2 uncommon potions from here: Magic Items Index :: 5e.d20srd.org

What did I miss?

Li Shenron

Legend
Interested.

It's been a long time since I played or run any PbP. I love Planescape but I can't say I'm an expert. My knowledge is especially messed up by having played PS adventures with lots of DM-made ideas, so when think I know something, I can't tell if it's canon or homebrew. But I don't consider this a problem, it may reflect on the PC as their naturally incomplete/incorrect knowledge of a multiverse far too large for anyone to comprehend.

Usually I wait to see what other PCs are designed by the other players before choosing mine, to round-up the team. But I see that you don't mind whatever party composition we end up with. I still prefer not to pick the same class as another PC, unless there are more than two, or those two are strongly differentiated in other ways. So I might wait a bit to see the general outlines of the other PCs before creating mine.

Nordom

Explorer
Some generations for Kachil'kcha:

DreamShaper_v7_In_the_sprawling_metropolis_of_sigil_a_humanoid_1.jpg
Absolute_Reality_v16_In_the_sprawling_metropolis_of_sigil_a_hu_0.jpg

Nordom

Explorer
Interested.

It's been a long time since I played or run any PbP. I love Planescape but I can't say I'm an expert. My knowledge is especially messed up by having played PS adventures with lots of DM-made ideas, so when think I know something, I can't tell if it's canon or homebrew. But I don't consider this a problem, it may reflect on the PC as their naturally incomplete/incorrect knowledge of a multiverse far too large for anyone to comprehend.

Usually I wait to see what other PCs are designed by the other players before choosing mine, to round-up the team. But I see that you don't mind whatever party composition we end up with. I still prefer not to pick the same class as another PC, unless there are more than two, or those two are strongly differentiated in other ways. So I might wait a bit to see the general outlines of the other PCs before creating mine.
Great to hear,

So far I have the backstory of a Rogue Assassin 3/Bard College of Creation 2

TwiceBorn2

Adventurer
I might be interested... and this might be my only chance to be part of a Planescape campaign, which I've always wanted to do. Your approach to DMing also seems right up my alley. Let me give some thoughts to PC concepts (it's 4:35 a.m. where I am).

DammitVictor

Trust the Fungus
Supporter
Kachil'kcha
Thri-Kreen Rogue (Assassin) 3/Bard 2
Chaotic Evil

Kachil'kcha is what the other thri-kreen call-- in hushed tones-- a zik'chil or "priest of change"; her pale, greenish chitin is studded with a constellation of expensive gemstones and thri-kreen runes in precious metals. She has a modest reputation in the Lower Ward and the Hive as a killer-for-hire, a chirurgeon and apothecary, a tattooist and-- for the truly desperate or insane-- a barber.

STR 8 DEX 16 CON 12 INT 12 WIS 13 CHA 15

Proficient in Rogue weapons, DEX and INT saves, Arcana, Athletics, Deception, Investigation, Medicine, Perception, Stealth, thieves' tools, poisoner's kit, alchemist's supplies, jeweler's tools, and a horrifying miscellany of medical and "medical" implements.

Cantrips: light, mending
Spells: cure wounds, healing word, dissonant whispers, thunderwave, feather fall

Equipment: two smallswords and too many daggers, one satchel strapped across her thorax and another on her left hip, with a bare minimum of her legitimate medical tools and a secret pocket for her thieves' tools and another secret pocket for her backup thieves' tools. She keeps her crossbows-- she has four hands, after all-- and the bulk of her scientific equipment in a "private" room she rents in a specialized brothel a convenient walking distance from both the Bleakers' sanitarium and the Hive.

1690024436162.png

She's a backup healer at best right now, and I certainly wouldn't begrudge anyone playing a more specialized one. I think she's an okay ranged striker right now, and that will definitely improve.

Last edited:

Nordom

Explorer
A better resource than d20srd - it's been a while, so I'm reacquainting myself with good websites as well as 5e rules- is Frontpage - DND 5th Edition.

It's got more source material there for free, including pulling in things from Tasha's and Xanathar's.

I'll edit my original post to indicate this.

Remove ads