[Recruitment, slots still open] Core D&D Survivor, Level 1-20

GruTheWanderer

First Post
Excellent. Gregor will be making lots of goodberries before each contest. :)

I still need to add my wolf (be pretty dumb to play a druid otherwise) and buy more stuff. Although I guess saving some money might be a smart thing for the last minute transactions. Can anyone think of other stuff Gregor might want?

I'll add the phsyical description, age, and background later tonight.

Wippit Guud

First Post
Guilt Puppy said:
And while we're fine-tooth combing: Wippit, a Heavy Crossbow has a 19-20/x2 critical, not a x3 critical. Just a note :)

Well I'll be a kobold's pet hedgehog... dunno where I came up with the idea it was x3...

GruTheWanderer

First Post
Gregor is ready to compete. I took a look at the CR 4 creatures in the Monster Manual (for perspective). Most could shred a first-level party. I guess I should be glad you're not using them. :)

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Hehe... Looking through the CR 4's, I see plenty there that a first-level party could survive. Of course, the DM's perspective is always a little different than the players' :)

That said, at least until the higher levels I won't throw anything at you that I wouldn't throw at a party of your level in an ongoing campaign -- except we're talking nothing but end-of-adventure, boss battles here. (And "boss puzzles" and the like...)

Anyway, still need one more character sheet (and for FO to finish his). Considering there are already three people interested in being alternates, I don't imagine this to be too great a problem.

GruTheWanderer

First Post
I was looking at the vampire spawn in particular. I used one recently against a 4th level party (in one of the free WOTC adventures). He charmed the toughest fighter in the party. The fighter nearly killed the cleric, while the vampire spawn drained the wizard to 1st level and the monk pounded on him ineffectually.

Against a 1st level party, each energy drain would be a casualty.

Anyway, bring it on!

Guilt Puppy

First Post
GruTheWanderer said:
Against a 1st level party, each energy drain would be a casualty.

Good point! *scribbles notes*

Anyway, still need one more player. Bumping this up because their seemed to be a lot of interest initially... Everyone still out there?

Sigh! I'm dropping, too busy again. Thought it was just one week, but I can't keep this up. Too many games allready.

Three games to play and one game to DM. Quality and IC playing demands me to hold it at that number for decnet playings sake.

And I've got to create a 20th level char and make some own homebrewed stuff this week for Creams game so I've got my hands full with that.

Soz m8es

Guilt Puppy

First Post
TFO: No prob. The length of commitment is pretty much dependent on how long it take to resolve challenges, and how long your character survives :) You might try becoming an alternate later in the game, if you want the high-level challenges for a shorter period of time.

Anyway, bumping this thread up 'cause I'd still like to see it happen, and there was a lot of initial interest... Anyone interested, post a character sheet (per rules in initial post), and you'll be added to the roster post-haste!

Remove ads