Red Box

Minifig

First Post
Did no one explain to them that they are not compatible? If not, next time please help such inexperienced folks out, it is always important to get new players into our hobby but with first experiences like this you can easily loose them.

Oh I tried, as did the shop owner.

Did they care, did the listen?

Nope.

Not at all. I even tried explaining what Minitures, what the board game was, and much much more.. they were spending their allowance and didn't give a rat's pattootie what it was they spent it on.

Walking Paradox

First Post
Did no one explain to them that they are not compatible? If not, next time please help such inexperienced folks out, it is always important to get new players into our hobby but with first experiences like this you can easily loose them.

Maybe they'll end up as D&D players in the bargain though, discovering that it's a more interesting game than Magic. That's not a bad thing. What would be bad, however, is if they got into it thinking that "roleplaying" was all about fighting and using powers that are on your character sheet, rather than assuming the role of a character and making that character into a person. That's the only reservation that I have about 4th Ed becoming a "gateway drug" that you can buy at Target or Wal Mart.

Remove ads