Red Hand of Doom - OOC

renau1g

First Post
You're a runner? I've got to get my butt in gear and start training again, it slid off the radar for the last little while, but I've got a run for charity in October and need to run 5km (3 miles or so). This is my third year running in it (pre-baby I ran it in 22 mins, post babies I ran it in 26.5 mins...my goal is to get back to the 22 min or so marK)

Rhun

First Post
I run for the work-out, not for fun. LOL. I usually run anywhere from about 3.5 to 5 miles when I go out. You're a faster runner than I am, though...my 5k times are usually around 30 minutes.

renau1g

First Post
I ran it this evening (your post pushed me to get off my butt), I did just under 5 k in 25.5 minutes, so I still have a ways to go. It helps being tall, long strides, but the weather outside was perfect for it. 68-ish or so with a slight breeze.

Yeah, I love to run, it's my favourite form of exercise

s@squ@tch

First Post
Wow, the last time I sniffed any 5K time under 22 mins was back in HS for the CC team -- where I was able to run it in around 19:30.

These days, I think I'm lucky if I run an 8 minute mile pace, I think I have forever said goodbye to 7 min/mile and under. :(

renau1g

First Post
Yeah I used to be much slower in CC back in high school, I was slowing down the guys so they made me run with the ladies (not that I minded that ;))

Rhun

First Post
I ran it this evening (your post pushed me to get off my butt), I did just under 5 k in 25.5 minutes, so I still have a ways to go. It helps being tall, long strides, but the weather outside was perfect for it. 68-ish or so with a slight breeze.

Yeah, I love to run, it's my favourite form of exercise

Wow, the last time I sniffed any 5K time under 22 mins was back in HS for the CC team -- where I was able to run it in around 19:30.

These days, I think I'm lucky if I run an 8 minute mile pace, I think I have forever said goodbye to 7 min/mile and under. :(

Yeah I used to be much slower in CC back in high school, I was slowing down the guys so they made me run with the ladies (not that I minded that ;))

I ran track when I was younger, but only sprints. I used to have bad asthma, and the distance running used to kill me. I'm pretty impressed with myself for even being able to run 5 miles...the times don't matter so much to me. :)

Walking Dad

First Post
No new spell level. The most exiting thing you get on this level is the familiar. But I don't think I will get 24h just to summon it. Could we speed it up to one rest? (only this, the first time). Not that familiars are that great anyway.
But it would give me a good rp opportunity.

Remove ads