• road_blockade_tiles_part_05.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 511
  • starsong_hill_01.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 604
Last edited:

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
dmumper said:
There is an excellent set of RHoD Rhest Ruins maps posted on the Dundjinni website:

http://dundjinni.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=6656&PN=2

I've converted these to easily-printed PDF's if you would like me to send them to you.

Mark, have you made any new maps yet?

I enjoy doing my own, but thank you nonetheless. :) That dundjinni map is quite impressive.

Zaro said:
Hey Mark I loved your maps and so did my group. We just finished the part 1 and I was wondering what method you used to convert the maps to 1-inch scale. If you could let me know what program/sizes you used it would be a big help.

- Zaro -

Thanks! :)

I just blow them up to size. Takes a little doing but you just have to get a decent graphics program like Paintshop Pro or Photoshop and work with it for a while. The tutorials that come with them would be a lot more helpful than I could be.

I'll get some more of the section two stuff up soon, I hope. :)

Attachments

• ruins_of_rhest_dm_map_01.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 621
  • ruins_of_rhest_player_map_01.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 681
  • rhest_town_hall_map_tiles_floor_02a.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 620
  • rhest_town_hall_map_tiles_floor_02b.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 570
  • rhest_town_hall_map_tiles_floor_02c.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 551
  • rhest_town_hall_map_tiles_floor_02d.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 575
Last edited:

Mark

The Last of Section Two

Attachments

• rhest_town_hall_dm_map_01.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 590
  • rhest_town_hall_map_tiles_floor_01a.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 615
  • rhest_town_hall_map_tiles_floor_01b.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 565
  • rhest_town_hall_map_tiles_floor_01c.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 561
  • rhest_town_hall_map_tiles_floor_01d.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 575
Last edited:

Zaro

First Post
Thanks for the new maps, will be putting them to use this weekend.
The maps are absolutely great.

- Zaro -

Mark

Mocked up a bell tower for Rhest (including an underwater level).

Attachments

• rhest_bell_tower_tiles_01.zip
    824.2 KB · Views: 702
  • rhest_bell_tower_tiles_02.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 617
  • rhest_bell_tower_tiles_03.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 612
  • rhest_bell_tower_tiles_04.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 630
Last edited:

mackniels

First Post
Map of Elsir Vale

Hi you guys!

First – Mark I love your story hour!! I like the way you write it. We get to know what the monsters (you) think when the PC’s are not there (o:

I am starting the RHOD adventure next month and is still preparing everything. I have printed some of the maps from WOTC and yours as well, Mark. But I seem to be missing a map of Elsir Vale for the players – without the Vraath Keep, Skull Gorge Bridge, Ghost lord’s lair and Fane of Tiamat. I think it will spoil all the fun for the players if they know that where the Fane is as soon as they see the map. I plan on giving them the map of Elsir Vale in the beginning to give them an overview of the vale and all the towns.

How did your players handle the map? Did they ask: “What is Fane of Tiamat?” right from the start?

Regards,

Martin

Mark

Thanks! :)

I think you missed the Player's map above. For my players, Skull Gorge Bridge is a feature as old as the road and they can find out about it easy enough. That, Vraath Keep, and the Ghostlord lair are all things they would have heard something about (I use the Vraath Keep hook) and they would know the general area where they were, so I didn't hide them. The fane is the only thing I hid, and I think this has worked out well so far. I'm behind in my retelling and my group has just finished section two. Most of them never even noticed the Ghostlord's Lair on the map, or forgot about it right after noticing it, so that one of them had a eureka moment when a certain letter was discovered. Your mileage may vary, of course, but remember that my own game is different than yours and you should always make or adjust your own maps and materials to suit your game.

Good luck and more from my game soon, I hope!

mackniels

First Post
You are so right. I just saw Ghostlord’s Lair, Skull Gorge and Vraath Keep but I did not see that you had removed the Fane! Really nice job, Mark!!! (Not so nice, Martin :eek: )

I am planning on starting with some site adventures to get the party of six to 4th level before starting RHOD. This way they get to know some of the NPC in advance and get familiar with the area.

Looking forward to read more story hour from you! ;)

/Martin

dmumper

First Post
Again, great job on the maps, Mark. They've proved very useful. My group has just destroyed the blockade, and are heading towards the Blackfens.

I've got an entire extra chapter happening with the lizardfolk (turns out they may not be so charmed by the dragons after all - a skillful party may just gain their favor). After that, I plan to print the ruins maps in black and white - as I expect the party to appoach at night...

Remove ads