[Redacted] is back!

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I think we're stuck with the three regenerations we saw, since we saw each regeneration. I don't think they can stick another one in there.

Given the suggestion that sometimes they can *choose* their appearance, we can stick one in the middle. She just chooses to return to that appearance for what turns out to be her last.

I think we're stuck with the three regenerations we saw, since we saw each regeneration. I don't think they can stick another one in there.

Or do you mean another actor simply playing the same regeneration? That could work. That dramatization about the creation of the show a couple of years back had wonderful castings of Hartnell and Troughton.

Well, we saw little girl in 1969. We saw teenaged River in the 2000s. There could be another whole life between those. But she couldn't knowingly meet the Doctor at that point (since the first time she met him she tried to kill him).

Still, I would have loved to see her more with Smith/11th Doctor. He seemed to be her Doctor. But much of their adventures seemed to take place in the 200-years between the moon landing and that Doctor's faked death.
Having her see Capaldi/the 12th Doctor seems to negate some of the later tension from her where she sees him die as she knows he survives and regenerates again.

Of course... the Doctor has her mind & memories completely saved. And know where people can fashion bodies of flesh. So there are whole other solutions...

delericho

Legend
Still, I would have loved to see her more with Smith/11th Doctor. He seemed to be her Doctor.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this was essentially true - she had one appearance with Tennant, is mostly associated with Smith, and then has one (or a very few) appearance with Capaldi.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic

Or do you mean another actor simply playing the same regeneration? That could work. That dramatization about the creation of the show a couple of years back had wonderful castings of Hartnell and Troughton.
she could be downloaded from the Great Library, say into a gelatin body.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
There must have been a reason why that wasn't possible - otherwise why wouldn't he have done it?

Yet. He hasn't done it *yet*. Maybe later, he will go back and do it. He's a time traveler, and nigh immortal. His sense or urgency is a little bit off from ours.

Remove ads