[Redacted] is back!

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Yet. He hasn't done it *yet*. Maybe later, he will go back and do it. He's a time traveler, and nigh immortal. His sense or urgency is a little bit off from ours.
Case in point with Amilia: I'll be right back" ten years later.

Richards

Legend
Here's a question: is the Peter Capaldi Doctor still married to River Song? Do Time Lord marriages last "until death do you part," or is it more of a "until one of you regenerates and ends up with what might be a completely different personality" thing? It would be kind of weird being a Time Lord marrying a Time Lady and then each of you regenerating every couple of decades/centuries into practically a different person. I'd have a hard time believing anyone falling in love with and marrying the Peter Davidson Doctor, for example, being particularly pleased that her husband just regenerated into the Colin Baker Doctor.

Johnathan

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Here's a question: is the Peter Capaldi Doctor still married to River Song? Do Time Lord marriages last "until death do you part," or is it more of a "until one of you regenerates and ends up with what might be a completely different personality" thing? It would be kind of weird being a Time Lord marrying a Time Lady and then each of you regenerating every couple of decades/centuries into practically a different person. I'd have a hard time believing anyone falling in love with and marrying the Peter Davidson Doctor, for example, being particularly pleased that her husband just regenerated into the Colin Baker Doctor.

Johnathan

I reckon regeneration ends the marriage. After all, they can even change sex. So she's married to the Matt Smith regeneration, but not to Tom Baker or Peter Capaldi.

I bet they say that in a throwaway line in the episode.

Ryujin

Legend

Johnathan

I don't know if that's so unusual. Sounds like most of my friends' marriages.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Ah, now this is pure gold treasure. I be lootin th . . . Oops, still stuck on yesterday. Thank you for this link!

sabrinathecat

Explorer

Johnathan

In the Gallifrey series, Leela is not happy when her Husband regenerates. There's a good complicated story involved, and the conflict tears them apart.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
doesn't the Doctor have five or so wives anyway?

it would seem that marriage in Timelord culture doesn't have quite the same meaning as it does on modern Earth

Remove ads