Redbadge's Crypt of the Everflame (IC)

Redbadge

Explorer
GM: He reloaded at the end of his last turn, before you got there. I was just describing it a bit more cinematically and a bit less rigidly. He hasn't actually taken his current turn yet, as I'm giving Lissa and Snaggle a chance to respond.

Isklexi

First Post
"We're not undead you babbling fool." Snaggle growls as he slips next to the deranged man.

[sblock=Actions]Move Action: move next to the target
Free Action: Speak[/sblock]
OOC: I updated my status, and I guess I didn't internalize the room's dimensions very well; it's not large enough to flank in.

[sblock=Status]Snaggle Blanc (Male kobold sorcerer 1)
LN small humanoid (reptilian)
Str 8 Dex 16 Con 9 Int 12 Wis 10 Cha 16

Key Skills Acrobatics +3, Climb -1, Craft (trap-making) +7, Disable Device +7, Escape Artist +3, Knowledge (Arcana) +5, Perception +2, Stealth +11, Swim -1

Init +3 Spd 30 ft. Senses Darkvision 60 ft. (normal light); Perception +2
AC 23, touch 18, FF 16 HP 8/8 (5 nonlethal) Temp HP 0
Fort -1 Ref +3 Will +2 CMB -2 CMD 11
Misc +2 saves versus gaze attacks

Melee Attack Spear +0 (1d6-1/20)

Currently Wielding Spear
Current Armor Nothing (Leather Apron, Goggles)
Stowed on Person (Sheaths, straps, pockets, etc.) Caltrops, Thieves Tools, 22 gp, club
Stowed in Packs (Backpacks, belt pouches, saddle bags, etc.) None
Current Encumbrance 5 lbs (light load) Medium Load 19.5 lbs Heavy Load 39.75 lbs Max 60 lbs

Active Abilities
1st-Level Spells: 3/4 (Burning Hands, Mage Armor)
Cantrips: ~/~ (Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Read Magic)
Spell-like Abilities: 6/6 Trap Rune

Current Effects and Conditions: Mage Armor (229/600)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Redbadge

Explorer
GM: You cast mage armor at 08:11:12, so about 371 rounds have expired, leaving you with 229 rounds remaining. Also, don't forget to note that you have accumulated 5 nonlethal damage, the first point of which will heal at 9:14. Finally, you should have a makeshift club in your possession, I believe. Also, feel free to add an Intimidate or Diplomacy check when speaking with him. As far as flanking him, Joseph is in front of the man, between him and the door, so you are not actually flanking unless Joseph slides into the corner on his next turn (see the Storage Room map, in the post above).

Last edited:

Etharia

First Post
Lissa and Nyra rounded the corner after they heard the first shot go off and then hesitated. At Joseph's call for aid they move into action shoving past both Joseph and Gamble to pounce on the crossbow wielding idiot.

OOC: I basically want Nyra to pin him what kind of check would that be?

Redbadge

Explorer
As the man dismisses Snaggle's assertion with cries of "Lies... more lies from the Dead One that speaks!", Lissa's lion bounds into the room, careening past her allies and slamming him into the wall. Nyra almost pins him, but the man slips aside and steps into the corner, the crossbow now aimed at the fearsome blood-spattered white cat. "DEMON!" he moans as his eyes grow ever wider.

[sblock=DC 15 Knowledge (Local)]Gamble recognizes this man as Roldare, the town cobbler.[/sblock]
[sblock=Storage Room Map]
1347484475_storage%20room%2002.jpg
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Courage

First Post
Gamble moves into the room to see if he can talk the madman down. "Roldare! We're from the town. We are here to help you!"

Redbadge

Explorer
Hearing you mention his name, Roldare pauses, before crying out, "Ahhh... now you are in my head!" Seeing that he is now surrounded, he no longer aims the crossbow at your party, instead placing the weapon up under his chin, the tip of the bolt pressing up into his scruffy jowls.

Last edited:

BudroThePious

First Post
"Look Roldare, you know all of us. Look at us; I'm the town guard, he's the bard's apprentice, she lives with the druid, and he is training with the Vargidan family."[sblock=Current Status]Joseph Gault (Male human fighter 1)
LN medium humanoid (human)
Str 18
Dex 13 Con 13 Int 12 Wis 12 Cha 10

Key Skills Acrobatics -3, Bluff +0, Climb +4, Diplomacy +0, Escape Artist -3, Handle Animal +4, Heal +1, Intimidate +0,
Knowledge (Any) +1, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +5, Perception +1, Sense Motive +1, Stealth -3, Survival +5, Swim +4

Init +1 Spd 20 ft. Senses Normal vision (normal light); Perception +1
AC 16, touch 11, FF 15 HP 6/11 Temp HP 0
Fort +3 Ref +1 Will +1 CMB +5 CMD 16

Melee Attack Greatsword +5 (2d6 + 6/19-20)
Melee Attack Morningstar +5 (1d8 + 6)
Melee Attack Dagger +5 (1d4 + 4/19-20) [honed, +1 damage with first strike]
Melee Attack Sap +5 (1d6 + 4) [non-lethal]
Ranged Attack Dagger (10 ft.) +2 (1d4 + 4/19-20) [honed, +1 damage with first strike]
Ranged Attack Shortbow (60 ft.) +2 (1d6/x3)
-Arrows: 20/20
-Arrows (Blunt): 10/10

Currently Wielding Morningstar
Current Armor Scale Mail, Explorer's Outfit
Stowed on Person (Sheaths, straps, pockets, etc.) Greatsword, Dagger, Dagger, Sap, Shortbow, Arrows (20), Blunt Arrows (10), Belt Pouch A, Belt Pouch B, Backpack
Stowed in Packs (Backpacks, belt pouches, saddle bags, etc.) Belt Pouch A (Flint and Steel, Whetstone, Map to the Crypt, Coin Purse [4 pp, 87 gp]), Belt Pouch B ([11 gp, 3 sp, 2 cp], Potion of Cure Light Wounds), Backpack (Backpack, Backpack, Sack, Lamp Oil (2 pints), Silver Lantern, Bottle of Local Brandy [half full], Tinderbox and 2 Tindertwigs), Tied to Backpack (Short Sword [Masterwork], Full Waterskin, Full Waterskin, Torch, Torch, Torch)
Stored (Footlockers, etc.) At Crypt Entrance (Small Tent, Small Tent, Winter Blanket, Winter Blanket, Winter Blanket, Large Pillow)
Current Encumbrance 99 lbs (light load) Medium Load 100.01 lbs Heavy Load 200.01 lbs Max 300 lbs

Active Abilities
Combat Options:
Charge (full round action), Power Attack (standard action), Cleave (standard action), Quick Draw (free action)
Combat Maneuvers: Bull Rush, Dirty Trick, Disarm, Drag, Grapple, Overrun, Reposition, Steal, Sunder, Trip

Current Effects and Conditions:
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads