• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Redclaws Protectors OOC

EvolutionKB

First Post
On shadow walk:

I'll offer my opinion. "Away" is a difficult word to interpret I think. It stems from the scout base class in 3.5 who after moving 10' gained a bonus to damage/AC. They later errata/FAQ the skirmish ability to say that the scout had to move away from their current position, they could't move around and end up where they began.

"Away" is my opinion is a square that is not the same as the square held at the beginning of the turn and the warlock must move closer or further away from their prior position, and not necessarily at least 3 squares away from their prior position in any direction.

By moving up-over-over(with increasing or static distance from my starting position, I never decreased the distance moved relative to my starting position), I still moved 3 squares away from my starting square, even though you cannot directly count a 3 square difference between starting and ending square.

Walking Dad

First Post
There is no penality for being prone in melee? So the best option when being surrounded is to fall down???

Edit: I just saw it gives the attacker combat advantage in melee (p 280), never mind.

Redclaw

First Post
I understand, but I had the same ruling on the scout feature. I just never liked the idea of someone taking the long way from point a to b just to kick in a class feature. If there's a reason to move around something, that's fine, but if you can take the diagonal, it only counts as one square of movement.

Redclaw

First Post
Hey all, I should be able to post a good amount tomorrow, and maybe a little on Monday morning, but I'm headed cross country in a gigantic U-Haul starting Monday afternoon (as soon as we finish selling the house). As a result, I probably won't be able to advance the story much until Friday or Saturday. I hope you all can bear with me.

We should be able to wrap this first combat up tomorrow. I'm just waiting on Osric's action to post the next round.

Zurai

First Post
Immeral would be vanguard/scout, likely being a good 50-100 feet ahead of the rest of the party. He's by far the most mobile in the group, he's a wilderness type, and he's kind of a loner in the first place.

Graf

Explorer
Mirna will probably try to be with Immeral at first, and then sulk when she has to stay behind.

(what? dungeons? tactics? huh?)

Zurai

First Post
Off-topic for the moment, but I had a stray thought given Immeral's multiclass:

Spellcasting is prohibited within the town, except for licensed practioners. Does that include divine spellcasting, or just arcane? In other words, do Immeral and Penance need to hide their magic?

Redclaw

First Post
It's not so much hide it as avoid using it within town limits. Norsten is paranoid that the dragon will think he is trying to prepare to fight it, so he is intent on keeping spellcasting to a minimum inside the town. If you use spells in the forest, he won't care, but if you walk into Evenfall all make flashy displays of your abilities he will likely not be amused.

Remove ads