• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Redclaws Protectors OOC

Graf

Explorer
Just for reference (since I think that FB 1&2 and KS2 are prone... they can still take OA's on Penance if he runs ( :( ), but at -2.)
[sblock=Prone]
  • You grant combat advantage to enemies making
    melee attacks against you.
  • You get a +2 bonus to all defenses against ranged
    attacks from nonadjacent enemies.
  • You’re lying on the ground. (If you’re flying, you safely
    descend a distance equal to your fly speed. If you
    don’t reach the ground, you fall.)
  • You take a –2 penalty to attack rolls.
[/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
Actually, the wording of the Covering Strike ability lacks any reference to the target in terms of the shifting ability. It reads as if the fighter's attack shields the ally from everyone, allowing him to shift without any Opportunity Attacks from anyone.

Zurai

First Post
Shifts normally don't provoke OAs, regardless of their source. They're the 4E version of the 5 foot step, except you can go more than 5 feet at a time with them in a lot of cases.

Redclaw

First Post
[sblock=EvolutionKB] My initial read on Shadow Walk is that you ahve to end up at least three squares away from where you started. As a result, your up, over, over approach wouldn't actually give you concealment, as you wind up only two squares away from your starting point. I'm not sure what the official word is, so if you find some errata to the contrary, please let me know. [/sblock]

Zurai

First Post
WD:

Using your Healing Word (while an excellent idea and I don't want you changing that at all) won't give you +2 to defenses. That's from Second Wind, which is its own separate ability. You don't get the defense bonus from using a healing surge, you get it from using Second Wind.

Redclaw

First Post
I just posted that in the IC thread, Zurai. :D

And no worries about the posting WD, I just saw that you'd posted here and not in the IC. I had that same experience about three months ago. First my son, then me. It was horrible.

Remove ads