• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Redesigning the D&D website

Chibbell

First Post
Hi guys. I wanted to say that I appreciate everyone's feedback on my thoughts about the D&D website. I probably could have been a little bit more constructive than I was. I took it to heart and decided that there was no better way to help show you what I meant than to spend a little time redesigning the D&D website. I wanted to show that a little TLC could help make the D&D site a much more enjoyable experience.

I made a new video introducing it here: http://vimeo.com/958430

Or you can just jump straight to the design itself for a full resolution view of the work.

I certainly hope you like it and look forward to your feedback even if you don't.

Kzach

Banned
Banned
I'll with-hold full judgement on WotC until the 6th of June.

If the site hasn't improved drastically by then, I'll start campaigning for them to hire you as their lead web designer :D

Protagonist

First Post
wedgeski said:
Stunning. You've put your money where your mouth is and come up trumps.

I agree. While I didn't watch your first video I read the resulting discussion and must congratulate on the way you reflected on what happened and made an effort to proof your points!

SuperJosh

First Post
Good job Chibbs, I actually saw an article on your mock up that I was interested in and went to track it down on the WotC site. I found it... eventually... because it had not title, and I had to read all the description paragraphs.

So yea, good job. With your web design experience i bet you could make a great DnD fan site. Oh wait...;)

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Made of win!

The first rant I didn't really bother with because I didn't know what was really possible, not being a web designer myself. But you've shown me what it can be, and I'd browse around that site all day, and the current design definately stands out to me as horrid right now.

Nice, man, very nice!

Remove ads