• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rediculous adventuring groups...

Oryan77

Adventurer
the strangest DM in the world said:
My current group consists of:

PC 1 - Chaotic Evil Gelatinous Cube Rogue Psychic Warrior
PC 2 - Half Beholder Half Monodrone Modron Ranger with Giants as Favored Enemy
PC 3 - Intelligent Giant Bane Greatsword (wielded by PC 2)
PC 4 - Lawful Good Blind Paraplegic female Human Paladin (always trying to convert PC 1 to worship Bahamut)
PC 5 - Dire WereHill-Giant Celestial Monk with wings (PC 2 doesn't attack him because they met in a bar & were hired to adventure together.

I always laugh when I hear about peoples PC's and adventuring groups that consist of characters that are made up of crazy builds & unlikely characters. People use Savage Species and the MM to create the most rediculous adventuring groups. Although VERY unlikely for such groups to be formed, if the DM ran it right, I guess it could be interesting to play in a world where you most likely couldn't get into any cities or interact with civilized people. But I doubt these DM's play this up.

I know it's just my preference and who am I to say what's lame or not, but I just can't play in a group that has even a single "quarter this dire that template this" PC. The odds of such a creature being created and the chances of a core racial group allowing such a guy into their band is unlikely...it takes the realism away from the game for me.

So what's the most rediculous adventuring group you've been a part of?

Corsair

First Post
Well the best I can do is one of my current groups...

Half Celestial Paladin 8
Exalted Human Paladin 12 (going for Saint) - Celestial Griffon mount
Afflicted Black Werebear Human Paladin 2/Warshaper 3 - Silver dragon cohort/lover
Human fighter 1/Warmage12 (the normal guy!)
Halfling Scout 11 (The other normal guy!)

Shemeska

Adventurer
Strangest DM in the world said:
PC 2 - Half Beholder Half Monodrone Modron Ranger with Giants as Favored Enemy

Umm... how? *brain getting a blue screen of death over this one*

It's not like either beholders or monodrones have genders :)

Shemeska

Adventurer
I've had some odd ones, but it's the standard almost when most of the adventures take place on the planes.

fey-touched half drow wizard
half lupinal arcanaloth sorceress (family reunions... oh boy...)
tiefling rogue/wiz
half ogre fighter
elf cleric (he's the normal one. And the only good aligned one too)
human monk (despite the normal facade, his background precludes him being normal)
phoelarch druid

And they're working along with an exiled Rakshasa of very minor noble status in Acheron

Oryan77

Adventurer
Shemeska said:
Umm... how? *brain getting a blue screen of death over this one*

It's not like either beholders or monodrones have genders :)

Yet, if they did have genders that PC would make sense to you? That was my point :p

Jackelope King

First Post
Gnomish bard/virtuoso
Gnomish monk/drunken master
Elven fighter/rogue/spymaster
Pseudodragon monk/red avenger
Awakened monkey rogue/wizard (NPC) (a druid's former animal companion which was left to the party after the druid died)

Our primary caster was the bard. Our primary healer was the bard. And despite what some people think about sneak attack being too powerful, having a rogue as your tank means that you spend a LOT of time trying to fast-talk your way out of problems (luckily pretty much everyone had ranks in social skills, so we were very good at that). We had two strategies when it came to combat: a) get the drop on the other guy or b) run away.

Voadam

Legend
"Blind Paraplegic female Human Paladin"

I see.

So She can detect evil, talk, and lay on hands by moving her head to touch somebody immediately adjacent to her? And summon a mount who is the real action part of the character.

Uh, yeah.

I guess that's as much fun as playing a sword.

sniffles

First Post
Oryan77 said:
So what's the most rediculous adventuring group you've been a part of?
I like this new word "rediculous". You should add it to the game terminology thread.
"Rediculous: (noun) What happens to a ridiculous party after the GM commits a TPK."
:p

the Jester

Legend
sniffles said:
I like this new word "rediculous". You should add it to the game terminology thread.
"Rediculous: (noun) What happens to a ridiculous party after the GM commits a TPK."
:p

Oh, I always thought a rediculous was a relative of the tendriculous?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads