• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rediculous adventuring groups...

Zappo

Explorer
Impeesa said:
The odds of such a creature being created in a magical D&D world are non-zero. When that creature is inevitably created, odds are even more unlikely that it will settle down to a peaceful life of farming, and odds are even slimmer that a small town of farmers would be more likely to allow him into their community than the band of adventurers would be to allow him into their party. By process of elimination, if such a creature exists (and it will), it has basically no other alternative than to be a PC or a prominent foe.
Agree. There is no "abundance" of templated creatures in D&D, unless you want to. The fact that a PC is a half-dragon by no means requires other half-dragons at all to exist.

In fact, Impeesa is right to note that, given a templated creature, chances are that it will become an unique character of the world (a PC or a major NPC).

Henry

Autoexreginated
We had a campaign where the Paladin was reincarnated into a sheep, then permanently stuck at large size through magic. Does that count?

In remembrances, we call that the "Battle Sheep" party. :)

sniffles

First Post
Henry said:
We had a campaign where the Paladin was reincarnated into a sheep, then permanently stuck at large size through magic. Does that count?

In remembrances, we call that the "Battle Sheep" party. :)
How on earth do these things happen?! I must be in the least extreme group ever. I've never seen any character reincarnated, or polymorphed, or cursed, or any of these awful things that seem to happen to everyone else's characters. What am I missing out on? ;)

cmanos

First Post
Oryan77 said:
I always laugh when I hear about peoples PC's and adventuring groups that consist of characters that are made up of crazy builds & unlikely characters.

well either the group youy listed is

a) a joke or
B) completely for fun, with absolutely no seriousness involved.

and its spelled 'ridiculous'

Oryan77

Adventurer
cmanos said:
well either the group youy listed is

a) a joke or
B) completely for fun, with absolutely no seriousness involved.

and its spelled 'ridiculous'

I understand a lot of gamers aren't the sharpest guys when it comes to knowing a joke when they see one, but I should point out that the group I listed is not a real group...I hope not anyway. I made that group up as an extreme example (and tried to be funny about it). It scares me to think people can see that party as being logical enough that they think it might be a real group.

And thanks for pointing out my spelling mistake before anyone noticed it. I sure would have looked like an idiot if people noticed it and started teasing me about my error on this thread. I owe you one man! :p

Zog

First Post
A snake, a rabbit, fire elemental and a monkey walk into a bar.

That is to say a Yaun-Ti, a Hengeyoki (sp?) samurai, a fire Genasi fighter and a Vanara cleric(monkey race from OA).

Then the monkey turned green. And his tail grew a face. And it was cut off.

That was a weird game. :D

sniffles

First Post
Oryan77 said:
And thanks for pointing out my spelling mistake before anyone noticed it. I sure would have looked like an idiot if people noticed it and started teasing me about my error on this thread. I owe you one man! :p
Yeah, you do owe him one - he left the apostrophe out of "it's". ;)

Conaill

First Post
Oh, got another one, inspired by this thread:

Intelligent Bag of Devouring, with class levels! Probably using magic or psionics for movement, or simply with a high enough Ego to have some "mule" carry him around. Hmm... maybe use Leadership for that. :D

Voadam

Legend
Enamel_32 said:
"Blind Paraplegic female Human Paladin"

Paraplegic means the person has some movement in two of their limbs, usually arms.

Mea culpa, I erroneously was thinking quad. So she uses her summoned mount as a wheelchair? It is now a completely reasonable character concept. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads