• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rediscovery of the World - 4e (OOC)

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=WD]Hi WD. I understand your concerns in the present situation. However, know that: this is the only encounter that really takes place in a cramped space; the following ones will be in larger rooms; also, I am considering recruiting a fifth member after this adventure, which should ease the pressure on Malek. I didn't do so now because I wanted to get the game going as fast as possible
So, I'd ask you if you can wait a bit and see how it goes before taking a decision since having another change of character right now would feel a bit awkward. That is, unless you really don't feel like playing Malek anymore.
I'm sure we can find a solution in either case.
Let me know.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=Ata]
I hope the new one will be a defender... to defend Malek ;)

Yes, we should wait then. Have you read my class idea? Suggestions?

I had already posted Malek's action :)[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=WD] By the way, I'd say Melek is doing rather well :D ! He's downed another!

However, yes, I read you class proposal. It is... interesting, I see what you've done here is basically mix a wizard with a rogue, more or less.
However, my impression is you can get more or less the same result with a wizard-swordmage multiclass at second level, and be more efficient. A staff wizard with the swordmage multiclass and the intelligence swordmaster feat is a decent gish (possibly with toughness if human), and an Eladrin (because of synergy with longsword) would work too. That way you'd have all the control goodies and be an acceptable meleer, with good perspectives of improvements over levels, and use Intelligence for all your attacks.
Don't like the sound of it?
However, as I said, if you're unsatisfied with the current situation, we can certainly change it so that you enjoy your character to the fullest, I only ask you to wait a little bit more to see if you're positive about it. :)[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=Ata]
It actually includes input from

- the Barbarian (upping HP to the one of another role; barbarian (striker-> defender) - 'monk' (controller->striker))

- the Druid (using attacks against non-AC defenses for attacks without proficiency bonus)

- Fighter (Ragevigor gives bonusses in certain armor)

- the Wizard (everything else, changed to melee range)

but not the rogue :)
[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=WD] :D Well, ok, but what I meant is, at the core, it's a controller that attacks in melee using dexterity, and the rogue is the only class the does so ^^
[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
WD, I think the message you posted in the OOC for retaking of Forgehold was meant for this thread?
I didn't respond because I thought you wanted to see if someone else would try to disarm the trap and in that case aid their action; furthermore it's tecnically Zuia's turn, so I waited for responses. Do you want Malek to try and disarm the trap on his own?

Remove ads