• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Reincarnation, or How I Became a Kobold.

BadMojo

First Post
So, my 10th level monk of Ilmater finally obtained his much sought after martyrdom at the hands (or tentacles, actually) of some kind of weird brain-eating thing masquerading as a stalagmite.

The party druid promptly reincarnated me as a...Kobold.

So, I'm pretty much OK with everything in the reincarnation rules except for how the lower Constitution (racial adjustment) will affect my total HP.

Does this retroactively adjust my total hitpoints, or just HP gained going forward as a kobold monk?

Raconteur Bard

First Post
From the Basement

Interesting challenges indeed. Not the least of which being your pitiful Str. checks. Well, I suppose not everyone can be reincarnated as a half-elven sorceress. ;)

Napftor

Explorer
Well, BM, since there's only one module left in the campaign, things could be worse. ;)

And welcome to the boards, Raconteur Bard.

BadMojo

First Post
Raconteur Bard said:
Interesting challenges indeed. Not the least of which being your pitiful Str. checks. Well, I suppose not everyone can be reincarnated as a half-elven sorceress. ;)

Yes, well...I'm still pretty on the inside.

Anyway, do hitpoints change as a result of the loss in level or just as a result of lost Constitution score (as the result of being a Kobold)?

For example, I have 66 hitpoints at 10th level right now. After I drop to 9th level do those stay the same other than the 10 points I'd lose from not having a +1 Con bonus anymore?

Tatsukun

Danjin Masutaa
You loose however many HP you gained when you went to 10th level. Then you loose 9 more from the CON loss.

So if you had 60 at 9th level, and got 5 more form the monk level, and one from con; you would ...

Go back to 60, like you had at 9th level.
Loose 1 per level, so 9 in this case. For a total of 51Hp left

Wow, props to you for playing a monk in a 25 point buy game!

Look at the good news, maybe you'll die again, and come back as something really cool! Plus, as a level lower, you will get more XP than the rest of the group, so you will catch up quickly.

-Tatsu

Asmo

First Post
BadMojo said:
So, my 10th level monk of Ilmater finally obtained his much sought after martyrdom at the hands (or tentacles, actually) of some kind of weird brain-eating thing masquerading as a stalagmite.

A Roper? (shudder)

Asmo

Napftor

Explorer
Asmo said:
A Roper? (shudder)

Asmo

Actually it was a urophion from Lords of Madness, a sort of illithid/roper. Two PCs were caught alone with the CR 13 beastie. BM's monk having his brain eaten was the unfortunate result.

Aust Diamondew

First Post
You're not much of a martyr if you come back. Paticuarly as a kobold, less than inspiring. "Hey guys if you die fighting for our beliefs you can obtain spiritual enlightenment and become a kobold on top of it!" ;)

The good thing about coming back is you get to martyr you're self again! And possibly come back as another race.

Remove ads