• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Relics & Rituals: spells balanced?

reapersaurus

Explorer
James McMurray said:
Billybeanbag: Um... What d6? And also, why would it get used less at higher levels? Considering it scales with level as far as extra damage goes, I'd think it would get used more. I removed it (not because of power, but because it takes away too much from paladins.
Bravo!
It's sick when a spell makes one class better than the other at what the other class is DEFINED by! (smiting evil)

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
There's a 1st-level spell in R&R that converts a creature to pacifism for months at a time. I nixed that spell from my campaign pretty quickly -- it seemed to me to be WAY beyond the effect of any other 1st-level spell.
Have y'all looked at this one? I forget the name, but it begins with an S. Somebody's quiet contemplation, maybe?

Daniel

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
I've seen worse. Personally I'd use for an NPC but not for Pcs. Mainly because I have spells like greater spell and other spells BESIDE R&R spells. But I will say it's a potent spell. Course you should see what I submitted for R&R2. :) Trust me, they are for the weak of heart.

James McMurray

First Post
Salamar's Quiet Contemplation is another spell I removed from my game before allowing R&R. Its definitely too powerful. Heck, if they fail enough saves, its permanent!

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
*thinks then you won't like a lot of the spells I made then* I doubt though there would be THAT many ones to allow that to happen. But to each his own.

SSS-Druid

First Post
For the record, I, too, believe that Salamar's Quiet Contemplation is a bit too butch for its level.

I nearly killed one of my parties because the fatling druid they fought used it against the party's ranger. ;)

Remove ads