• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Remember the Cavindale! (As his betters, i think we have a duty to help him)

Dakkareth

First Post
Jobis glances around warily.

"One moment there were lots of bodies, then most of them disappeared. One would guess, that there is a reason and cautious people would further assume that this reason might not be friendly ..."

His tone is mocking, but his eyes betray his seriousity.

First Post
Cale, Halfling Rogue 2/ Transmuter 1

Cale looks around, as he notices that the bodies he's checking out are becoming fewer and farther between. He sees a small group of survivors gathering a ways up shore. I have a feeling these will become my best friends for quite some time Cale muses as he decides he'd better join them so that he's not out of the loop. He'd like to hear their ideas about where they are and how to get off the island (if it is an island). He'd also like to contribute some ideas of his own. He walks towards them and as he gets within earshot, he introduces himself, "I know some of you have seen me around on the ship, others maybe haven't. Let me introduce myself formally. My name's Cale Tomen, spy and dabbler in the arcane arts." He makes a small bow. "Let me just say, I'm very pleased to see I'm not the only one who made it here alive. Solitude would be the most dreadful of situations."

Last edited:

tburdett

Explorer
Dogan sits up and curses repeatedly as he shakes sand out of his armor. Looking around he takes some comfort in knowing that he is not the sole survivor of this tragedy.

Those nearby hear him say, "It was a crap sword anyway." Dog looks around at the corpses to see if any of them have a sword or a shield.

Turning to the nearest survivor he quips, "Hey, there went another body. Maybe I should tie a rope to one and we can try to pull whatever it is up onto the shore?"

Last edited:

ShadowX

First Post
Edward Talmed

"Everyone get away from the shore, quickly!" Edward yells with a touch of fear in his voice. As he says this, Edward readies his morningstar in anticipation of whatever is taking the corpses.

Macbeth

First Post
Swift (Male Elf Monk)

From his vantage point near the trees (and well off of the beach) Swift scans the beach and water for any sign of the beast that is pulling the dead away

OOC: I'd like to make a spot check to try and get a good description of whatever's in the water

Knowing that somehting is wrong he cracks his knuckles, stands up, and assumes a battle stance. I knew I'd end up helping these people, He thinks, Oh well, this is what I trained for: to help those who cannot help themselves. I hope that the other survivors can at least hold their own.

alsih2o

First Post
The slurping sounds continue to match up with dissapearances of floating bodies, and something vaguely dark can be seen under the waters surface. it must be at least 30 feet long, and 10 wide.

both of them.

Macbeth

First Post
Swift (male Elf Monk)

Swift breaks his silence for the first time since the shipwreak, yelling to the survivors in a loud forceful voice: "GET UP HEAR! NOW! "
As the survivors (presumably) run up off o the beach, Swift tries to position himself between the other survivors and the monsters, since he sees himself as a protector.

First Post
Cale, Halfling Rogue 2/ Transmuter 1

Hearing Swift's cry, Cale runs up the beach in the direction of the monk, and pulls out his crossbow.

Dakkareth

First Post
Jobis 'Swifthand': Male half-elve rogue 3

Jobis recognizing the fear in the man's voice follows the 'advice' and leaves the vicinity of the water staying close to the group.

Passing Swift he calls to him:

"Quite the hero complex, eh? Being a hero will get you killed, nothing more - but don't let me keep you ..."

And he continues running.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Loske: (Female/Half Elf/Ranger 3)

Pulling my bow from my back and putting an arrow in the ready position I look towards the half orc beside me, "My friend, I appreciate the offer and I might take you up on it, but don't do anything foolish. Hopefully this creature will be bond to the water." I look around to take in the seen again thinking to myself out loud, "On a side note, think we've found the cause of the destruction to the Cavindale. Not that any of us really wanted too." I hear the cleric yell out, “Everyone get away from the shore, quickly!" as I do what he directed to us to do I turn my head to scream at the others:

"Arrows and Bolts if you got them boys!" Seeing the Elf monk on the top of the hill I scream to him, “Do you see anything?”

I scan the bodies close to me, looking for long swords and short swords, but mainly for any melee weapon I’m proficient in.

Remove ads