Remnants of the Horde: In through the Back Way...

matthewbajda

First Post
OOC: uriel is having computer problems so i am posting to tell you all to hang tight while he gets it all taken care of. it may be a while, but he has not forgotten about you all.

matthew

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
The wait is over...big 'I'm Sorry' XP bonus coming...

OoC: Kurg, as an Evil Cleric, can't align a weapon to Good, as it is a 'Good' spell, as per the Cleric description in the PH.I can't find Kurg's spells, so I repicked, inus what he cast up until now...

Initiative

Durgo '20'
Kurg 22
Forlash 21
Bargo 16
Cornugon 11

<Pre Round One>
Durgo drinks his potion, feeling the infusion take effect almost immediately.
Bellowing 'make Durgo Strong,Dog-Shaymun!', Durgo is pleased as the gnoll casts Air Walk on him.

Forlash and Bargo now both hear the bellowing of the massive Fiend as it prepares to ascend to dispatch them all...

Round One...

ferretguy

First Post
Looking down at the fiend making his way out of the lava,then to the elven crossbreed in front of him, the hag-born growls to himself Dying on a chain above a pit of lava is not a way for me to go... thinking quickly he begins chanting, invisioning a doorway to the other side of the chain where the great machine is.. A black doorway opens in front of him and he pulls himself through to find himself stepping out on the platform of the infernal machine.

ooc: dimension door to a landing sufficient for his safety....just in case Concentration is +17...

Velenne

Explorer
OOC: Still around, just not as often. When all my old subscribed threads got deleted, and this one hadn't been updated in so long...well, I thought it was all over. Don't worry, Durgo is still my ogre!

Durgo takes a few moments to gain his bearings as his boots gently lift off the floor. That done, a feral grin crosses the Muragar's face as he realizes the tactical advantage he has just taken from his opponent. Hoping to capitalize on this, his energy-seeping Maul comes up and he charges his foe in typical ogre fashion.

OOC: Is he close enough to charge? If not, I'll change this.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
I'm back for real this time...I hate computers.

OoC:please post your attack values lie you folks did in the old days. It makes it worlds easier for me, thanks...

IG

Hefting his Maul, and unperturbed at the Fiend before him, Durgo charges right down through gouts orf volcanic magma and ash, bringing the weapon smashing down upon the figure. Connecting with a resounding *thud*, the effect of the blow is not what the Muragar expected...

The massive form of the Cornugon shimmers and wavers in the air, then flies backwards, shrinking even as it hits the wall of the shaft. Transforming into a frail Drow, his chest caved in from a very large hammer blow, the figure falls down,down, sinking into the lava far below, quite dead.

Kurg cackles nervously, ready to react as needed (holding action).

Forlash Dimension Doors to the platform, reaching the relative safety of the suspended machine with no troubles.

Bargo likewise reaches the contraption, though he catches a gout of poisonous gas in the face as he does so.*

OoC:* Finally, the green Dragon armor pays off...

Jeremy

Explorer
Bargo sniffs at the gas and releases a belch twice as foul and laughs. Then he spins around and tries to find the devil.

Velenne

Explorer
Durgo's permenant scowl never leaves his face as his rises to his full, dominating height and surveys the death of vanquished "devil". His golden plate mail glows with the mountain's inner fire but does not seem to even singe his thick skin. Soaked with sweat and caked with dirt, the Muragar Captain turns his intense gaze to his surroundings in search of more elfies even as he floats in midair seemingly unpreturbed by the mojo. Barring any surprises, he ascends to the very ledge he leapt from and rejoins his loyal hound to serve as a rear guard while Forlash figures out the malfunctioning contraption.

Remove ads