Remnants of the Horde: In through the Back Way...

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
At Durgo's yell nothing shows itself. If there were mephits, they either couldn't hear Durgo or they were hiding.

Bargo starts forward and then (slowly...) realizes that they only way out to the machine is by walking along the chains. The chainlinks are big, but there is a lot of steam and condensation upon them, as there are pipes sending water into the chamber in an attempt to cool the machinery, or (in Bargo's mind)
Machine Hot,water make it not-as-Hot.Slippery,Bargo must be careful.

Velenne

Explorer
Still befuddled by the complexity before him, Durgo takes no small amount of time in making a connection: the hag-dwarf's room back at the outer keep and this place. Bubbling things, stuff moving up and down...but this was bigger. And more than a little different. But close enough for Durgo.

Without looking, the Muragar reaches back and seizes Forlash by the collar. A simple sweep of his arms brings the dwarf to the fore, toes a mere inches from the hellish oblivion below.

"Fix," Durgo says, pointing at the chains before them and ignoring Bargo's progress.

Jeremy

Explorer
Bargo scratches his head, trying to figure out if Durgo means 'fix' fix or actually fix. Fix it the muragar way?

Of course it takes Bargo long enough to figure out the heat and water thing. Processing this amount of thought takes long enough for the boils of his numerous burns to burst and run.

ferretguy

First Post
Not sure of which is worse...the ogres fetid breath in his face or the sulfiric smells from the volcanos heart, Forlash looks at the mass of machinery in front of him. Put me down Captain I am not a fire elemental, but I will do my best to stop this from terminating our exisitance from this mountain.

ferretguy

First Post
His feet still dangling off over the molten rock, Forlash looks at the Ogre awaiting his last words to yield some type of response Perhaps the whole view in front of this....behemoth...is just to much for his mind to handle.. Speaking a little gentler...Captain Durgo...I feel that it would do us more good if you put me down...I can not even begin to find out what to do if I am dangling from your hands...

Jeremy

Explorer
Bargo slugs Durgo in the gut maybe a little harder than necessary and waves the ugly goblin on to doing what ever it is he does.

After waving a hand in front of Durgo's face a couple times and pulling a stupid face, Bargo drags his father out of the way and roars at any who dare to stare at the unusual sight.

He thinks long and hard about getting his father's attention by tearing off his ears.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC: Sorry for the slight delay again, my mom's health took a downward turn Monday and I have been a bit distracted. She will be OK, which means that the Game shall move forward as planned with a more calm and attentive DM...

I am going to auto Durgo for a bit, as I doubt that he [i[really[/i] plans on throwing Forlash into the Inferno...

Tossing the Hag-Dwarf aside, Durgo points to the chains and begins to bellow a command right as Bargo punches him <15 HP subdual>. Instead of anger, a fatherly pride takles hold. maybe this Bastard was an Ogre after all. Durgo knew that Ogrish patience was a thin veil over a yearning maw, so he grinned as he said ' Bargo so eager, Bargo go first...That an order'

Bargo, ready to do anything except wait any longer shrugs and with a *huff,huff*, starts to make his wat across the massive chains towards the machine.
Durgo gives Forlash a kick < 6 HP subdual, I halved it, since he doesn't really want a dead Wizard...>, indicating that he, too, should make his way forwards.

Half crawling across, half walking, the pair make their way out along expanse, neither finding the crossing too difficult at first. A massive *BOOM* a few moments later nearly sends Forlash carreening down to a very messy situation, but he manages to keep his footing.

Durgo waits at the ledge where the chain is attached, impatiently stamping his fot upn the floor. It is Kurg, the ever-loyal (for a Gnoll, anyways...) vassal that shrieks, bringing Durgo's attention to something rising up and out of the lave below. A Fiend the size of an Ogre, with massive wings and a scaly tail. Kurg yells over the roar of the now incensed lava 'Cornugon, a most powerful Devil, master!'
The Devil seems intent upon Durgo, and bargo doesn't notice it, as he and Forlash are already far along the chains when it appears.

OoC: Bargo/Forlash will, without incident, reach the Machine in 2 rounds. the Devil is a round out, Durgo and Kurg may take a full round before anythig happens as far as combat. This includes warning/alerting the others to the Devil's presence...

ferretguy

First Post
Forlash follows Bargo along the chain. Damn this is hot! I should of protected myself from this....Like I'm going to know what to do with a machine...oh well at least I'll be away from one confused ogre...but with a dumber one...

Velenne

Explorer
OOC: Sorry, been in Europe since the 13th and forgot to tell y'all. Ok here goes!

Durgo's Maul begins to shed an insidious purple glow as the Muragar lays eyes upon the Fiend. Unsure of what this means, he comes to the conclusion that Ravarg's ghost has come to bless his weapon. Being a clever Muragar (kind of like being a clever goat), Durgo pulls one of the potions from his belt and seals many of the injuries he has sustained in the decent so far.

"Kurg. Give Durgo blessing from dog-god."

The Gulgathan fearlessly steps forward toward the ledge and wraps his weapon in both gnarled hands, snarling at the oncoming fiend,

"You gonna flap down dere all day, or come get splattered!?"

OOC: Draw and drink a potion, 5' adjust so as to have reach over the ledge. If he's clever and hasn't spent it for healing, Kurg might put an Align Weapon on Durgo's Maul. If not, maybe a Freedom of Movement. Your call.

Remove ads