Remnants of the Horde: In through the Back Way...

Velenne

Explorer
Durgo knows little about mojo, but he has seen the hag-thing in action plenty of times to know its propensity for effects the Muragar didn't want to be next to when they went off. The Gulgathan gives a short hiss between his teeth and signals Forlash forward, whispering,

"Wake dems up wif you's mojo, den we smash what left."

OOC: Delay until after Forlash

ferretguy

First Post
Surprized that the large half breed had actually noticed anything besides his own breath, Forlash nods and grabs a scroll from his robes. Muttering to himself the words of power, he disappears from view. Allow me to see what is ahead commander....then I will see how best to destroy them, you'll know when to charge...

Forlash then travels down to see what lies ahead.

OOC: Improved invisibility on self, depending on what is ahead he will determine which attack to use..

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Rounding the corner, Forlash sees a group of humanoids some 30 feet away.
One lifts his head, showing an eyeless face and howls, looking right at forlash. the others take up the keening and look to be oreoaring t Charge at Forlash.Behind these are several shadowy forms, keeping to the walls and the greater darkness provided by them.
< Perhaps a dozen Grimlocks and a half dozen f the others, about 30 feet past them>

<Forlash and the grimlocks have a Suprise round, the farther beings will act following, along with Durgo,Bargo etc...>

Initiative

Forlash 11
Grimlocks 9

ferretguy

First Post
Damn...hate sightless creatures... Forlash immediatly points his wand of fireballs directly at the mass of creatures coming at him and with just a spoken word unleashes fiery doom.....

OOC: well at least I hope so. :\ 7d6 fireball coming on line....

Last edited:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
ferretguy said:
Damn...hate sightless creatures... Forlash immediatly points his wand of fireballs directly at the mass of creatures coming at him and with just a spoken word unleashes fiery doom.....

OOC: well at least I hope so. :\ 7d6 fireball coming on line....

In a *Fwoosh*, the Fireball explodes amongst the grimlocks, incinerating all but one.

The remaining grimlock (who looks little in the way of being fried) Charges Forlash, hitting him with his Battle Axe <39 HP on a Crit..ugh>.

Initiative

Mephits <Nat 20>
Shadowy Assailants 22
Kurg 17 <awaiting Durgo's command>
Durgo 16
Forlash 11
Bargo 10
Grimlock 9
Muragar 7

The mephits fly around the corner and, seeing the situation, all Spit their Scorching Blast on the grimlock. 2 hit <2 20 rolls, wierd, one a crit, 37 HP total>. The grimlock still stands...

The Shadowy Assailants act...

One casts a spell, catching all but one Mephit in a lightning bolt....the last gets fried a bit, the others are all dust <one hit for 14 HP, others dead>.

Another runs forward, leaping into the air and cutting the remaining Mephit in two.

Forlash can see them as Drow now.

The other Drow seem poised for whatever may come around the corner...

< Hold in anticipation of the rest ofthe enemy coming around the corner.>

Bargo,Durgo,Kurg and the remaining Muragar definately see a Ligthning Bolt blast from further up the passageway.

Last edited:

Velenne

Explorer
Durgo sneers as a low growl makes its way slowly from his gullet and into the back of his throat.

"Mojo..."

His lip remains curled in disgust as he wraps both hands around his Maul and leads the way forward around the corner, ready to annihilate the first thing he comes to that looks at him wrong. Grimlock, drow, Durgo no care.

OOC: I assume your readied actions go off now. I may revise the rest of his aciton based on what occurs. :eek:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Kurg sneers at the unseen enemy around the corner, moving with Durgo. As the pair rounds the corner, half-hidden forms lash out with Sorcery, a fireball flaring out and away at the ogre and his Henchman.
Kurg is ready, casting a Dispel...Hwever, his counter fails to stay the Fireball, which explodes over DUrgo, himself and the others behind.

<Durgo takes 3 HP after save and DR from armor,Kurg takes 13 HP, bargo takes 16 HP, Muragar takes 26 HP...he's hurt pretty bad now>.

A second Drow laughs in a disgustingly feminine manner and hurls a dart at Durgo <4HP>, though his laugh turns to anger as whatever venom he expected to take effect fails to stop the Ogre.

The last Drow blasts Durg with a Magic Missile <15 HP>, a pitiful amount of damage, considering...

Durgo lumbers up, his Maul smacking the Grimlock <41 HP damage>, sending it's corpose skywards, actually smacking against the ceiling.

OoC:Forlash and bargo are up...there are a half dozen Drow some 20-30 feet past Forlash. Bargo does not have a straight charge, though he can make a normal move and hit one with his reach.

ferretguy

First Post
Stepping back, just in case the splattered grimlock drops down from the ceiling, Forlash thinks quickly about the best way to stop this many foes...especially with their reputed resistance to magic. Perhaps a friend...yess thats it... Zgrrellegh I call you from the Fiery Pits! Zgrrellegh Destroyer of the Pure! Aid Me! Concentrating on the devils name he had discovered in that accursed book he summons a Barbazu devil to destroy those that stand in his way.

OOC: Summoning a Bearded Devil, putting him on the other side of the drow to attack their flank, perhaps their mage if possible.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
A Fied appears, smelling of sulfer, and immediately attacks one of the Drow in the rear of the formation. What effect it has is not clear.

OoC:Bargo is up...

Jeremy

Explorer
Bargo moves into melee range trying to get as many elves in reach as possible. Dark skinned or light, this is what he lives for. The mutant half-elf, half-ogre heaves his sword in powerful arcs hewing through elf and stone alike like a scythe through wheat, laughing raucously at the spectacle.

OOC: Power Attack -5/+10, Reckless Attack -10/+10.

Remove ads